overrated bands/artists thread !

emily !

well, we have a thread for bands that don't get enough credit, so i thought it'd be cool to have one for the bands that have TOO MUCH.

in my opinion they are;

- jonas brothers

- miley cyrus

- kings of leon [i do like some of thier songs, but to be honest, they're played waaaay too much!]

-anything techno!

Paramore got nominated for a Grammy......

tbh, there is no way in hell they deserved that.

honestly,i think they deserve it just as much as anyone else.

Looking though lists of other Grammy nominees, i found coldplay whom i believe to be one of the most overrated bands ever!

I might be seeing this differently, though. Here, In Australia, not many people know about paramore at all! (..although they're becoming more popular with the release of Twilight and Decode :\ ) So, i don't really understand.. Maybe Paramore IS overrated over seas.. but definatley not here.

I think you guys are confusing overrated with over-loved-by-14-year-old-girls.

Tokio Hotel may be successful, but they aren't overrated in a musical sense, becasue you wont find them talk about as the "voices of a new generation" and stuff.

Overated would be Paramore- eveyone thinks Hayley is some kind of goddess when she's just a normal girl with a great voice

Also Coldplay- they are just so bland.

Kings Of Leon/Razorlight- two average indie bands with whiny lead singers who the NME just wants to fuck all night long.

Tokio Hotel may be successful, but they aren't overrated in a musical sense, becasue you wont find them talk about as the "voices of a new generation" and stuff.

Overated would be Paramore- eveyone thinks Hayley is some kind of goddess when she's just a normal girl with a great voice

Kings Of Leon/Razorlight- two average indie bands with whiny lead singers who the NME just wants to fuck all night long.

i think it seems that way because hayley is easy for people to look up to. it's not even so much her voice; it's her charisma that draws people in. that's the only way i know how to explain it.

Totally agree with you about Razorlight. Johnny Borrell is such an egomaniac.

I'd say Fall Out Boy are pretty over-rated.

Well, they are here.

They say Tokio Hotel is the new rock generation in Europe.

Overrated !!!

I actually have something funny too say here about Kings Of Leon.

I had the music channels on and their was an advertisement for a Kings Of Leon hour or something stupid and the commentator said:

"Tennessee's finest export."

Okay, fair enough if they think they're better than Paramore.

But do they forget Justin Timberlake and Elvis Presely are from their too?

Kind of funny what five minutes of fame can do, huh?

I actually have something funny too say here about Kings Of Leon.

I had the music channels on and their was an advertisement for a Kings Of Leon hour or something stupid and the commentator said:

"Tennessee's finest export."

Okay, fair enough if they think they're better than Paramore.

But do they forget Justin Timberlake and Elvis Presely are from their too?

Kind of funny what five minutes of fame can do, huh?

Fair point, but I doubt that the band came up with that line, more their label. And Zane Lowe voice-overs ftw 8-)

Arctic Monkeys

Agree. They were so over-rated with their first album, second album not quite so much. I am looking forward to their next album though but that's only cause Josh Homme's [QOTSA] producing it :mrgreen:

They even recommend Tokio Hotel mugs as the the perfect Christmas gift...

Why the hell would I drink tea in a Tokio Hotel mug?

Umm perhaps if you were spending Christmas in a Hotel.... in... Tokyo... :shifty: Ahem

Fair point, but I doubt that the band came up with that line, more their label. And Zane Lowe voice-overs ftw 8-)

Agree. They were so over-rated with their first album, second album not quite so much. I am looking forward to their next album though but that's only cause Josh Homme's [QOTSA] producing it :mrgreen:

Umm perhaps if you were spending Christmas in a Hotel.... in... Tokyo... :shifty: Ahem

Uhhmmm...

No.

:]

I agree with Tokio Hotel & the Jonas Brothers.

Yeah? What about Fall Out Boy?

Edit: I'll probably add some, Because just leaving the response like that...Seems very...immature.

overated:

Rihanna

Falloutboy

Coldplay are good sometimes

THE KILLERS

Kanye West

NICKLEBACK

AVRIL LAVIGNE

I could think of millions more, But thats a lil bit right now.

Rihanna

Falloutboy

YES! The two at the top of my list.

Along with :

Miley Cyrus/ Hannah Montana

Britney Spears

Plain white T's

Jonas Brothers even though I like them.

Chris Brown

Justin Timberlake

Some of those aren't really "overrated" but they get well more attention then what they deserve.