YouMeAtSix

EasyTarget

Take Off Your Colours is better than this.

Yeah, I gave in. I was bored and felt like listening to new music.

It's alright for now, it will grow on me. I need to listen to it more, definitely. Yes, the second half is better. But, I love The Consequence, Underdog and Stay With Me. <3

Cheesy parts (come on YMAS, you guys are not 15):

Safer to Hate Her SUCKS. The chorus is fail. I won't be listening to it again.

And the ah ah ah ah, ah ah ah in Liquid Confidence is ew. That ruins the song, cause I like this song.

The clapping in Hard to Swallow is stupid. NOT NEEDED, MAN.

I LOOOVE Trophy Eyes <3 Loved track on Last.FM IMMEDIATELY. It is epic. I will be putting it on repeat. Yep.

Fireworks is also great...Quite sad though. ;[

On the album:

It's not shit, but it's not excellent either.

With that said, I will be listening to it again. I can't listen through it from start-finish like TOYC, though. I will buy both CDs though, I love You Me At Six anyway. :hug:

Yeah. :shifty:

Basically, it's so-so. If you get what I mean.

Stay With Me is one of my favourite songs of all time actually.

Except by Finch.

Oh Ross. You silly boy.

Yeah, I still really like this album I think its getting better with each play. I know thats not the over all consensus here... but I genuinely love it. Think I'm crazy all you guys want. I like this album a lot.

To be honest, I think its because I adore Josh's voice. For some reason he has a really emotional value to his voice that I appreciate.

After a good eight or so listens to the album my favorites are Fireworks, Stay with Me, Liquid Confidence and There's No Such Thing.

Personally, you may think I'm crazy but I think HMD is better than TOYC.

The songs:

I really love all of the songs on here but they don't really stick in your mind as much and if someone played them to me without showing me the names I'd probably get a bit confused. However with this album it kinda just makes you want to dance around more and just has a really nice energy to it. I love Hard to Swallow, Contagious Chemistry, Fireworks, Stay with me, Underdog and The consequence. So basically I like most of the tracks. So I'm looking forward to having to keep listening to this until I can tell which song is which.

My overall opinion:

I think it's got a really nice dance-around-crazily sort of vibe to it, Josh's voice sounds gorgeous on this album, some songs really do stick in your head. I would say this is better than TOYC but in some ways it's also not. So really it is more than just 'so-so' and has a really nice sound to it. That's my opinion on the record anyways :D

so now my whole impression of hmd.

its okay, the music style i like and listen to. but not that id say "oh wow thats an amazing album.", like i already said im actually rather disappointed of it.

the only song that really keeps sticking in my mind is "liquid confidenc". "trophy eyes" and "fireworks" are kinda catchy aswell but the others....i dunno, i prefer toyc.

I will admit, I probably like this album a lot because I really haven't listened to Take Off Your Colours that much. Not genuinely listened to it at least. I've had it as background music but I havent intensely listened to it.

Perhaps I'll have a different assessment of the album after I listen to TOYC more.

I like Aled's voices... I've never listened to Kids in Glass Houses though... I probably should.

You most definitely should.

I think the reason I don't really like YMAS much is because when they "broke through" everyone said "oh they sound just like Kids In Glass Houses" but when I listened I was disappointed, mainly because I compared them to KIGH and imo, KIGH are way better. Same thing happened when I listened to the new album, the sound of "catchy pop-rock" music in my mind is Kids In Glass Houses' "Smart Casual" album.

I like Aled's voices... I've never listened to Kids in Glass Houses though... I probably should.

You most definitely should.

With Andrew on this one. KIGH have been, easily, the best pop-punk band from the UK in the past few years. Infinitely times better than YMAS.

I think the reason I don't really like YMAS much is because when they "broke through" everyone said "oh they sound just like Kids In Glass Houses" but when I listened I was disappointed, mainly because I compared them to KIGH and imo, KIGH are way better. Same thing happened when I listened to the new album, the sound of "catchy pop-rock" music in my mind is Kids In Glass Houses' "Smart Casual" album.

It was weird between May and October two years ago. When Smart/Casual came out, KIGH were playing venues double the size of what YMAS were playing when they both toured in May. Come October and with TOYC came out, YMAS were headlining venues bigger than the ones KIGH were playing in those few months before.

I still rate KIGH more than I rate YMAS. Easy Tiger and Me Me Me have to go down as two of the best pop-punk songs this side of the millennium, from this side of the pond anyway.

Hmmm, okay.

I just listened to the stuff they have on their myspace. I like it a lot.

The only thing that bothers me is that when I get into a band from the UK they rarely come to the US and that bums me out. YM@6 is one of the few UK bands that I've been able to see.

Yup and YMAS will be touring the US in the Spring annnnd be on Warped Tour so I'm thankful for that :willy_nilly:

Hmmm, okay.

I just listened to the stuff they have on their myspace. I like it a lot.

The only thing that bothers me is that when I get into a band from the UK they rarely come to the US and that bums me out. YM@6 is one of the few UK bands that I've been able to see.

That's The Exact Same Thing For Me, Apart From It's Bands From America.