The Infamous Spam Thread - Part 15

thebrowncoat

"Lovely" is the correct word. Apart from the cuts, burns, bruises and one older lieutenant threatening to beat me up, it was ok. Actually, it wasn't. I'm happy it's over. We're looking at about 2000€ of bonus in addition to my normal salary, though, so it almost makes up for my body which is falling apart. :) One final exercise coming up in a couple of weeks time and then I'm done with the army, for good.

It's been almost 18 months. All Finnish men have to do it sooner or later, but it's either 6 months, or 12 if you're put into the squad leader training program. I did my 12 months but they asked me to work there, so I stayed. They keep asking me to stay there permanently, but this long exercise brought up the bad sides of some of the trainers, and now I realize that some of them are total lunatics who treat people like animals. I don't want to have anything to do with those people anymore. The confrontation with the lieutenant was the culmination of this disagreement. "The only thing keeping me from beating you up right now is that uniform you're wearing" is what he said. Fuck them and their throne of bayonets.

The person across the table has called me a little piece of shit and is probably just waiting for an opportunity to meet me in a dark alley. I can just imagine me trying to spark up a conversation about the weather tomorrow.

I wonder why I didn't think of that when we were in the middle of nowhere :shifty: I could've buried him in the mire and no one would've even noticed.

ANYWAY, what's up with all of you? There's probably thousands of new posts so don't get offended if I won't read them all.