new moviescenester - by hayley

decode-more

Mood: holdin' it down

Date: 01/04/2009 15:38:27

Music: some starbucks comp.

8z4gw1.jpg

First off, a huuuuge thank you to fellow moviescenster: Leprechaunlyd for recommending "Let The Right One In" to me. It is a Swedish horror flick about vampires, of course - damn, trendy beasts - that was filmed so beautifully that it has become one of my favorites of 2008. I wasn't able to see it in a theatre, although I just found out that our indie theatre - The Belcourt - has been showing it almost every night for the past 2 weeks. My little sister and I searched online for a while and finally found it. Anyone lucky enough to find it online should check it out... it is a very dark movie about a young and very lonely boy who befriends a young girl who is actually a - YOU GUESSED IT! - vampire. OH NOEZ!!?!?

Last night, I went to see Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Meryl Streep's new movie Doubt. Since Capote, Mr. Hoffman has been one of my favorite actors. He was so good in this... geez. For anyone who's ever experienced frustration with a religious system that is stuck in it's ways... check out this movie. It redeems all hope that the idea of relationship over religion can prevail. I really enjoyed the ending. Perfect ending.

Other than that, I saw a handful of movies in the theatre over the holidays. The Changeling, Australia, Four Christmases, 7 Pounds, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Valkyrie, The Spirit... which was the only one I thought absolutely sucked. (Scarlett was good though. So was Samuel L. Jackson, but when is he NOT good?). I've still gotta see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Every last one of my friends is raving about it.

So, instead of all of 2008, what was your favorite movie of the holiday? Happy 2009!

Love, Hayley

------------------

TURN ON'S

2nk4eas.jpg

(Michael C. Hall as Dexter)

MOVIES

119yqa8.jpg

20fwylw.jpg

There are something like 8 movies out right now that I want to see. Hayley listed a few of them. I really want to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but the 3 hour run time is kind of intimidating, haha.

I saw The Reader today... great movie!