Sad songs :(

Parame

whichsongs make you sad?

For me they're Brighter and When it Rains.

The first because it's about the death of a friend, and the latter because I've been depressed and I've had depressed friends who I have not been able to pull out of that situation.

There's only one song in this world that makes me genuinely sad, and it's not one of Paramore's! But the closest Paramore gets is with Franklin. I'll just quote myself:

"I'm not on international tour (yet), but I've just moved out to live on my own in a new town, and I've been thinking about how me and my friends will never get to be together the same way we did throughout our childhood, since we are all scattered across Finland now."

I don't really connect with lyrics that often, but Franklin hits home pretty much perfectly. I guess the feelings I experience are more of melancholy than of sadness, though.

lately emergency makes me want to cry

since its about her parents divorce, and mine just separated like three weeks ago

usually franklin/never let this go/my heart/when it rains/we are broken get to me

i'm not totally sure why

decode made me sad a few times with the 'how did we get here when i used to know you so well' line

because it likes to remind me that all my friends ditched me

Okay I decided to tell the stories t othe ones that make me cry...

Let The Flames Begin w/ the Oh Father outro: It's generally just an intense song and the outro added to it is just the icing on the cake... A very intense cake. And the fact that it's basically about not taking shit from anyone and staying strong for yourself is something that really gets to me cause I was never a really strong person.

Brighter: I got te CD a few months after my uncle died and that song just hit home. Specifically the line "I'll wave goodbye watching you shine bright" It sort of made me realize that I did have to say goodbye and that I shouldn't hold onto him anymore because he was gone.

Until Tomorrow: Uhh... This is where it gets suuper personal... So, When I was three years old, my mom had a boyfriend that sexually molested both me and my brother. I really like to just forget about it but it'll come back to me in random bursts and I freak out about it. The fact that I'm trying to let it go but it just keeps coming back, it pisses me off to say the least. "I climb, I slip I fall. Reaching for your hand but I lay here all alone, sweating all your blood" To me it seems like God is making me deal with it by myself... But then I remember that that's the only way you can deal with something. Even though it was so long ago, It's still there and I should just deal with it one day at a time. Ergo "Breathe for love tomorrow"

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.... :\