Re-live Three Days

RenegadeRoss

If you could Re-live Three days in your life, what would they be and why?

For me it would be

1. 1st February 2005 - Everybody knows i support Motherwell Football Club, and im a really big supporter. Well this night, was the best night of my life. It was a semi-final of the cup, we are playing against Hearts, if we won, we were in the cup final. Our last cup final was 14 years before this, so it was a rare occurance for us.

I travelled into Edinburgh on the bus, feeling sick to my stomach with nerves. I remember the radio was on, and hearts fans were on a phone in, feeling so confident that their team would win. It just made my nerves even worse.

I got into the ground, and looked around me, and everywhere in the stand was faces i knew, it was like a party! There were about 4-5 thousand motherwell fans at that game, and what a noise and atmosphere we created!

The game kicked off, and after around 20 minutes, we scored! Bedlam followed as everybody just went crazy, jumping about, hugging random people, singing, everything! That was the score at half-time, and the 2nd half began.

Its never nice to sit on just a 1-0 lead, cause the other team can easily just be right back in the game if they score.

with around half an hour left of the game, we were awarded a penalty and we scored it. It was 2-0! More bedlam, everybody in the stand was going crazy, we couldnt believe we were on our way to a cup final! I had never felt so happy in my entire life!

I thought this was it..my dream was coming true.. i was going to go see my team in a cup final!

89 minutes were on the clock.. 1 minute left of normal time.. and somehow ..from somewhere. Hearts grabbed a goal. It was back to 2-1.

We wern't in so much party mood now, everybody was biting their nails. then the assistant referee held up the boards for how many minutes were left for injury time after the initial 90 minutees had been played.

We hoped there would be none..he held up FOUR minutes. We were absolute gutted, i felt sick.

And yep..on the 92nd minute..Hearts scored again to make it 2-2. I started crying, i couldnt believe it. From suddenly thinking we were on our way to a cup final, and 3 minutes later, it had been snatched away from us.

The whole stand just went quiet and full time was blown.

Extra time was to be played.. an extra half an hour.. and if nobody was winning by the end of the half an hour, it would go to penalty kicks.

Extra time came..the first half was up.. the second half started... and it was coming to an end.

It looked like penalties were going to decide this game, that we so deserved to win.

But then...

with 19 minutes, 40 seconds played, a whole 20 seconds were left!

Our main striker, flicked the ball out to our subsitute left winger, a 17 year old!, he ran into the area, and he slotted the ball into the back of the net! it was 3-2 to Motherwell!

Ive never felt so happy in my entire life, there were people out on the stairs, people on top of seats, random people hugging, people were jumping up and down as if we had actually just won the cup!

It was the most dramatic way it could have finished. The full time whistle blew and that was it, we had won the game! We were in the final!

I was emotionally drained. i sat on the bus home, and i just didnt say anything apart from "i cany believe it", according to my dad. Thats all i kept saying.

My emotions had been up and down more times than a rollercoaster that evening.

2. 12th May 2008

Paramore. Glasgow.

What an amazing night. I have never seen a band be any more amazing live than i did that night, and i would love love love to re-live that evening.

Everything from the beginning to the end was just absolutely amazing.

The highlight for me though

was the full rocked out version of My Heart. What an amazing 5 minutes of my life that was, its my favourite song by Paramore, and the song meant alot to me and the person that stood next to me. Aww, it was just incredible. Id give anything to go back to then.

Thats 2 from me, i'll tell my third one later on :)

1. the 1st time i ever saw mcfly live in 06.

okay, this band means more to me than i could even say, yes, even more than paramore. i have been a fan of them since they came around not long after busted in 04/05. this concert was something i had been looking forward to for near enough a year after getting tickets christmas 05. i have never had a more amazing time. i cant even put into words how much it meant to me to finally see my favourite band in person on a stage. i actually lost my voice for 4 days straight after seeing them, but it was so worth it. even after seeing them 10 times, i would do this 1 time all over again. first time concerts for fave bands are just epic.

i'll post my other 2 a bit later on, i have to be somewhere soon haha.

i dont have enough time to write them xD

1. seeing paramore live. hearing my heart, and not even seeing anyone else in the room at that point but him. forgetting there was even anyone else there.

and then ofc, misery business right after it, it was mental, and i was the most sweatiest i have ever been in my whole entire life, but i loved it.

1. May ?, 2006 - First Jack's Mannequin Concert:

Okay, I don't remember the exact date, if I had my ticket I would, but alas I don't remember. haha. So this was probably the best day of my life. I was 15 years old and it was the first time I experienced music where it literally hit me like a ton of bricks. Cute Is What We Aim For opened for Jack's Mannequin and they were the main reason I went to the show actually. I had just gotten into JM so I knew all their songs from Everything in Transit, but I wasn't nearly as into them as I am now. Well, basically, when Andrew walked on stage I knew the show would be good. The way he was carrying himself was different from any other band I've seen. Then they broke into Holiday From Real, then The Mixed Tape, then Bruised, and by the time he hit I'm Ready I figured out that they were playing the whole album from start to finish. I was freaking out! When they finished the whole album they walked off stage, of course everyone was screaming for an encore so just Andrew came back on stage and played for like another hour just playing a mess of Something Corporate songs and other cover songs. It was incredible. Definitely one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

2. July 9, 2008 - Meeting Andrew McMahon:

Okay, so if you read number 1 you would understand my love for Mr. McMahon. So, this was at Warped Tour and my friend Kc and I were actually going to look at Jack's Mannequin merch, but when we approached the merch tent, there was this super long line and I realized that Andrew was having a signing/meet and greet. I literally screamed and ran to the end of the line because I was dying to meet Andrew. He's my hero, I practically worship they guy so just the thought of meeting him freaked me out. When we got to the front of the line I was literally shaking as I handed my friend my camera so I could get a picture with him. I told him he was my hero and he gave me this big hug and smiled and said it made him so happy to hear stuff like that. It was just a surreal time.

3. April 17, 2009 - AP Tour:

Okay, so this might sound silly, but that was such a fun night! I was able to meet all the guys from A Rocket to the Moon and I just love those guys... but the best part was dancing with Justin and Loren from ARTTM. We only danced for about 5 minutes, but it was probably the funniest 5 minutes of my life. I couldn't help but laugh for the rest of the night. It was just great, and Eric from ARTTM kept talking to me and making jokes with me and he gave me a a huge hug when I left and thanked me for being such an awesome fan. It was good times.

(in no order)

a) 12th may 2008, the paramore gig at the glasgow carling. whaat a daaay/night. such fun. words cannot describe. i cant believe it was pretty much a year ago now! man, i miss that day.

B) 19th september 2008, the day my horse died. i wish id given word to have him put to sleep as soon as it became how clear his colic was. i wish he never had to go through that painful journey to the vet school. i wish he hadnt have had to go the operation which he did before he passed away. i wish id had the chance to say goodbye.

c) last thursday, kinda. its a... secret. lulz.

I can only think of one and it's probably on August 8, 2008 (I think that was the date?)

First time I saw Anthony green. It was probably the best night ever just because I love him and he held onto my arm during dear child and then waved to me afterwards.

It was a really chill friendly kind of concert. All the bands talked to the people in the crowd and it was just a really fun night. One of these days I'll meet him! Haha

Oh and probably when I saw this kids band then gave him a hug. Soooo great. Haha

1. 02/02/08 paramore gig at Brixton Academy This night was the best night of my life so far so I would do anything to relive it. Although my friends and I were in the balcony part (we were too young at the time to go in the mosh), we still had an amazing time. I remember seeing Hayley at the side of the stage while New Found Glory were playing. She was headbanging along to the music and bashed her head on an amp haha.

2. The last time I saw my best friend One of my dearest friends has moved to Australia and there are no words to describe how much I miss him :( Going back in time and reliving that day would be amazing. There was so much that I should have said to him which I never got the chance to do before.

I can't think of a 3 yet. I will add it later :)

1. 02/02/08 paramore gig at Brixton Academy This night was the best night of my life so far so I would do anything to relive it. Although my friends and I were in the balcony part (we were too young at the time to go in the mosh), we still had an amazing time. I remember seeing Hayley at the side of the stage while New Found Glory were playing. She was headbanging along to the music and bashed her head on an amp haha.

lmfao that made me laugh so much :rotfl:

• 5 months later...

Interesting thread! Shame I never saw it before...

1.) 24th March 2007 - The day I travelled to Manchester and saw my favourite band live, for the first time. It was My Chemical Romance on The Black Parade tour. Absolutely phenonemal. I was the luckiest bitch ever aswell as I managed to get a cheapy ticket on the door which was infact two rows from the stage. If I had used my original ticket, I would've been at the very back of the arena. (Which is what my sister and dad were stuck with.) That night was truly incredible.

2.) 29th August 2009. This was my eldest sisters wedding day. I love her and my brother-in-law so much and it was really great to share that day with them and all of my family. We travelled up to Gretna Green and stayed in a really nice hotel, it was a brilliant time. About 50 of us were there and it's rare to have all of my closest family members in the same place at once (apart from my great-granda who was unfortunately too ill to travel). The day went -almost- without a hitch, my sister looked beautiful and I had a good dance on the night! I also kind of realised something really important that night. :)

3.) 16th September 2009. What can I say? Not only did I see my favourite band, The Used, in concert. After waiting so long... I also met them. Words cannot describe the pure elation I had to stand beside them, to touch them, to speak to them. It was surreal. They mean the world to me, both as musicians and inspirations so it was incredible. During the concert, I was front and centre. Bert McCracken (vocalist) was in my face for most of the gig. I held his hand, stroked his hair hehe and even made him laugh at one point. We held eye contact during a song and I started to laugh, so then he did. It was the greatest night of my life and I'll never forget it.

I've had many great days, it just so happens that two of the best were recent. :P

1.) October 31st, 2008.

Not that special. I went to the Phillies parade after they won the world series. It was just awesome to spend some real quality time with my dad. The streets were packed with people and we managed to inch our way to the front of all the crowd :)

2.) November 4th, 2009

Alison Haislip, correspondent for G4's Attack of the Show, was on the "Acting Up" Show, an internet radio show. She is my second hero, behind only Hayley Williams. Anyway, they were taking calls and I took a huge gulp and called in. Well, I asked my questions and she really seemed excited to talk to a girl from New Jersey (she is also a Jersey girl). It was probably the most awesome day of my life

3.) July uhmm... 25th I think, 2009

I went to the Phillies game with my dad. It was a hottt day. We got there, and to our surprise, it was Photo Day. I met and took pictures with Jimmy Rollins and Charlie Manuel. As if that wasn't cool enough, half way through the game, in the bottom of the 5th inning, I caught a foul ball.

That is only a few of many great days I have experienced.