Internet friendships!

Blaze

I hope I get to meet Ross when he comes to America.

The whole having-internet-friends used to be such a big thing in my life for a while but for the past 2/3 years it's calmed down, I don't talk to THAT many online people like I used to.

But...Yeah....That's all I can say haha. I use the internet for e-mail/news/forums/facebook/school....It used to be just being obsessed with the internet and posting on forums everywhere.

I only post on this one, the PCD one, an Arsenal one every two months or something....Andddd....Yeah. I used to post regularly on like 5 or more those years back. But as years have gone by I don't do that much anymore, just focus on what I mentioned earlier (e-mail/facebook etc) and listen to music (and find out stuff about my fave bands.)

Sooo.....Yeah :)

Of course, there's this one guy who I've spoken to for 4 years and I'm planning on meeting him when I can....

and yeah. :P

<3 you guys.

i had a really good friend a long time ago in my old school.

then we both went to other schools and we didn't have contact anymore for

a long, long time - since now. she found me on a chat where almost everyone

in our city is and we wrote about old times. after a week we met together and

now we're really good friends. :)

I don't see anything wrong with Internet friendships. I mean I can see why they're frowned upon, the internet can be one of the most dangerous places to make friends. As others have said it's easy to lie and pretend you're something that you're not on the net to fool people. But if you're cautious about what info you give out and what not it can be a great place to form friendships, especially on music forums like this where you can discuss common interests with people in different countries who, without these sites you'd never meet. So that's pretty awesome!

I've met two INCREDIBLE, genuine people online who I couldn't imagine not being in my life. Aoife [eefie] & James [JJ Riot!]

So yeah I think you can make friendships for life online. They're definately not fake!

• Like 1

i don't see anything wrong with them, you can meet amazing people :]

i met 2 people from the internet in january and now they're like my best friends. i met Ross through here and he's like.. the best :] , and i'm meeting about 8 people from another forum at a gig next month and i already see them as "real" friends :)

my best friends came from the internet, i couldnt live without them :)

Internet friends are well beast. I just spent a week touring the UK for Brand New with folk I met over the internet before. I must have met about forty/fifty different people who I had spoke to on a different forum over the past two years. It was fucking awesome.

I met some of my best friends on this site. I really wish I could meet them but just because I haven't, doesn't mean we're not friends. Some people I know think that internet friendships aren't really friendships but I don't listen to them. I clearly really disagree haha.

i don't see anything wrong with them, you can meet amazing people :]

i met 2 people from the internet in january and now they're like my best friends. i met Ross through here and he's like.. the best :] , and i'm meeting about 8 people from another forum at a gig next month and i already see them as "real" friends :)

my best friends came from the internet, i couldnt live without them :)

And without ME, you wouldn't be on THIS forum, therefore you would have not been able to meet Ross. ;)

XD

Internet friends are well beast. I just spent a week touring the UK for Brand New with folk I met over the internet before. I must have met about forty/fifty different people who I had spoke to on a different forum over the past two years. It was fucking awesome.

Me not being one of them ha...it was you I tapped on the shoulder, right?? (Short with red shirt being me)

• 4 weeks later...

Apart from about four people, all of my true friends are from the internet. Some people think that makes me pathetic, but I view it differently. I find it easier to be honest online because I don't have to fear people laughing at me. If they do, I can't see them!

I don't talk to her now, but my ex-best friend and I met online and ended up having a lot of fun days in reality too, so yeah, I do count internet friendships as real. Just not neccessarily the most ideal.

I do think the internet is great for people like me, who can be pretty awkward in social situations, like when meeting new people.

Catie (Catieo4o5) and Vic (limelight)

my closest friends on here, even though Vic left :(

but i still have Catie :)

i met one of my best friends on here. catie. =)

yay

ily both =]

I make easier friends on the internet then in real.

Because people in real judge more about how you look and what kind of friends you have.

But if you become friends with someone on the internet you also can find someone with the same hobbys our stuff.

I have many good friend through the internet (:

Thanks! =[

Omgosh. :rotfl:

I said you do count, just less than real life friends. :P

I totally agree Marjanne. Some people in reality are put off by how you look, but thanks to the internet, I've become friends with some people that I probably wouldn't if I met them at school.

True fact. :P

But it can go the other way too.

I've made a fair few friends on the internet and met a handful.

Mainly from the Enter Shikari forum, only person I've met off here are Ross. And Babs obviously.

But I talk to a guy from the ESF almost every day and I'd consider him a close friend even though I've only met him once for about 30 seconds.

Should be meeting him a few more times in the coming months and I'll be meeting a load of people at the ES gig in Glasgow.

I love internet friendships.