First Impressions - brand new eyes

kwik-silva

For me, it sits in the "best of the year" -table, but I can't tell it's position more accurately than that. One of the highlights of the year might be a better way of saying it. :)

Between the Buried and Me are beating BNE with The Great Misdirect for me.

I came to this conclusion in the last 2 days of intensive listening to the album.

I'm the death metal geek of this forum though, so no surprises there lol.

You had to ask me when I don't have my library haha. I'll do my best to get as close as I can.

Like I said, these albums are either better, or not any worse, than bne. In my opinion. I'll try and order it in terms of "goodness". Realistically, I could probably slot bne in after Say Anything and I'd be happy with that. But a few of those below Say Anything are excellent, excellent releases. And a couple are just there (the last two) because they're fun as hell haha.

Brand New - Daisy

Set Your Goals - This Will Be The Death Of Us

fun. - Aim and Ignite

mewithoutYou - It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream It's Alright

Bayonets - Wishes&Wishes

Manchester Orhcestra - Mean Everything to Nothing

Mayday Parade - Anywhere But Here

the Audition - Self Titled Album

Cartel - Cycles

Say Anything - Say Anything

This Time Next Year - Road Maps and Heart Attacks

the Years Gone by - Something You Know Nothing About

Fireworks – All I Have To Offer Is My Own Confusion

Not Advised - Fight For This

Thrice - Beggars

Moneen - The World I Want to Leave Behind

Converge - Axe to Fall

Taking Back Sunday - New Again

the Friday Night Boys - Off the Deep End

the Summer Set - Love Like This

Not very on topic, but Converge for the epic muthafucking win.

I haven't heard their new one yet, but I'm predicting it'll exceed BNE for me.

Converge is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the most consistent bands of the decade when it comes to putting out quality material.

That said, I don't think Converge can top themselves are Jane Doe.

That was one of those albums I'd buy for the title track alone, let alone how goddamn amazing the rest is.

And latest Brand New for the win too.

That's a bold statement.

I dunno if this is implying you're a Between the Buried and Me fan or not, in the time since that post I can say for sure the new BTBAM is beating BNE.

Does that make my statement less bold now?:P

I think BNE's is their best album yet. Misguided Ghost's is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

I'm with you.BNE is their best album.It has the best lyrics ,best vocals ,best songs, best drumming ,best guitar/bass ,best album title(even though that means nothing.).In my opinion,they have gotten better with each album,getting more and more mature.

I think the new album is a melodic letdown. A lot of the melodies in the song, vocal wise, were just simply generic.

Just randomly sayin'.

The melodies in pretty much everything besides avant garde music is "generic", including those of the previous 2 Paramore albums, so what's your point?

So what's your REAL reason for not liking the album?;-)

Based on your logic, probably most of what you've heard should be a "melodic letdown" because let's face it, in a diatonic chord progression in Western music, you will have 7 possible notes to choose from in order for it to stay within key.

Are you suggesting this album would have been much better had Hayley sung in microtonal intervals?;-)