General Music Thread

Hiroki

The only band t shirts I own are:

1 Pantera shirt

1 Metallica shirt

1 Dream Theater shirt

1 Iron Maiden shirt

The Metallica t shirt I found on the ground one day while delivering letter box advertisements. It kinda smelt like vomit, but not like, freshly vomited on, that thing where it's washed but the smell never went away probably cos it wasn't washed well, so I just took it home, washed it and it was all good, had only 1 small hole in it:lol:

I don't really wear them anymore to be honest. I'll keep the Maiden and Dream Theater shirts because they were tour shirts, but I might get rid of the Metallica shirt. Not sure about the Pantera shirt's future.

The Pantera t shirt was from when I listened to metal almost exclusively

Back in those days, I would have dismissed Paramore as "shitty, gay pop" lol

I wonder if it's strange that I'd feel less embarrassed wearing a VersaEmerge or Paramore shirt in public (assuming it wasn't one of those girly shirts).

Something about metal shirts is annoying.

Always fucking black, pisses me off, I'm fucking sick of black t shirts

Last time I was in the city, they sported everything from black t shirts to flannelette.

Must be a British thing that they've moved on totally from black:p

After seeing the guys with makeup and excessively over done hair, I felt strangely un-emo:lol:

GOFFICK.

Oh yes, I have some "Goffick" friends. Well, not friends anymore just people that still think I'm their friend. They are embarrassing people, quite frankly.

I recall one time I was at a train station after midnight, wearing a black baseball cap, black hoody, black skate shoes and black jeans, with my arm around a girl wearing a red hoody, and blue jeans, and yet some car comes past and some guy yells out "FUCKING EMO CUNTS, FUCK OFF!". Probably could have just said "EMO CUNT" instead of cunts, since it was me and not my "date" (she wasn't really my date, but we were both drunk and you know what happens when a guy and girl get drunk and spend the night together haha) that was wearing black.

So yeah, it's generally not the best idea to wear all black clothes where I live

If i had the money to buy the track 50 times, I'd buy it once then give the rest to a charity instead of wasting it all on one song that people are mindlessly downloading just to prove a point.

Money goes to charity anyway 8-)

Dave Grohl has now got onboard in support of Rage for number one and Rage have totally gotten into it themselves now too...

Rage Against The Machine slam 'X Factor'' date=' Simon Cowell and swear live on radio[/b']

Band perform full version of 'Killing In The Name' in breakfast show

Rage Against The Machine performed 'Killing In The Name' live on British radio this morning (December 17) - including full swearing in the chorus - as their Christmas Number One battle with The X Factor escalated.

Interviewed on BBC 5live, the band took the opportunity to criticise Simon Cowell before playing their song live down from the line from Los Angeles.

Despite being asked to perform a "radio edit", singer Zack de la Rocha slipped into the full "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me" lyrics, resulting in the station pulling the plug.

The band are currently the subject of a Facebook campaign to get their 1992 song to the Christmas Number One spot ahead of The X Factor winner Joe McElderry's 'The Climb'.

Speaking about the race, de la Rocha attacked Cowell, saying: "Simon is an interesting character. He seems to have profited greatly off humiliating people on live television and has a unique position of capturing the attention of people on television, but also the airwaves. We see this [campaign] as a necessary break of that control."

Meanwhile guitarist Tom Morello explained why the band had decided to back the fan-led campaign.

"People are tired of being spoon fed one schmaltzy ballad after another," he said. "They want to take back their own charts. We're honoured they've chosen our song to be the rebel anthem to topple The X Factor monopoly.

"People aren't buying 'Killing In The Name' to protest a record coming out on a major company. We wrote 'Killing In The Name' in a small industrial slum in Los Angeles. The X Factor song is written by a cabal of overpaid songwriters to shove the schmaltzy business down your throats. So there is two very different choices.

"The thing the listeners need to know is, it's a really close race and its a real liberating musical revolution and we’re honoured to be a part of it."

'Killing In The Name' recently became the bookies favourite to bag the Christmas Number One slot.

Simon Cowell has slammed the campaign, calling it "stupid", "cynical" and "very Scrooge". Rage Against The Machine's Tom Morello has publicly given the campaign his backing.

RATM are also top of the album chart.

It's the "windfall" of proceeds :P

Yes. But money still goes to charity Matthew rather than Simon Cowell's pockets :P

As of yesterday night Rage led by 9,000 sales.

Paul McCartney is the latest to back the campaign.

"I like the idea of this Rage Against The Machine thing that's happening," he told Sky News. "I think that's kind of interesting."

When asked if he would be pleased if the band do make it to Number One, McCartney said: "Yeah I think so, because it's out of leftfield you know. Everyone expects Joe to do it, and he certainly will sell a lot of records. And if he gets to Number One, good luck to him. But it would be kind of funny if a band like Rage Against The Machine got it, because it would prove a point."

The line-up for Finland's Sonisphere is Iron Maiden, HIM, Heaven & Hell, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Iggy & The Stooges, Slayer, The Cult and Anthrax right now, and there will probably be more bands announced later. Okay, so I would've preferred Rammstein to HIM but I can live with it now that Heaven & Hell was announced! I don't have to think twice, I'm so going to this. :willy_nilly:

I also bought Flight 666, and I'm going to watch it right now. 8-)

That 9000 will be gone by the weekend. The sales of the past X-Factor singles peaked on the Friday and gain on the Saturday.

Saturday is the all important day, which is why apparently the people on Facebook are all planning a mass download on that day (or so I've been told :shifty:) Kind of annoying really that the group has 800,000 people yet I think they hit 300,000 sales yesterday.

But on the three download sites I use Rage look pretty good at the moment.

iTunes:

1. Rage Against The Machine – “Killing in the Name”

2. Joe McElderry – “The Climb”

7Digital.com:

1. Portishead – “Chase the Tear” (7Digital Exclusive)

3. Rage Against The Machine – “Killing in the Name”

4. Rage Against The Machine – “Killing in the Name”

5. Rage Against The Machine – “Killing in the Name”

Play.com:

1. Rage Against The Machine – “Killing in the Name”

3. Rage Against The Machine – “Killing in the Name”

The multiple RATM's are from different albums or a "radio edit" version but still the same song so I imagine if you add those sales together they'd be above X-Factor on 7Digital and further ahead on Play.

I personally think it'd be great for the music industry for a RATM xmas number one, and it would also restore my faith in the UK music industry :P