Confession Thread - Part 8

RenegadeRoss

Hahaha.

I would consider myself a mix between generic emo girl, williamsburg hipster and the apple store indie. It all depends on my mood that day. But I love all three playlists.

going on playlists alone (because i seriously do not have a look) i'd be a mix of generic emo girl (and boy) and popcore dork

that's sad haha

i swear my taste is better than just that

Hahaha.

I would consider myself a mix between generic emo girl, williamsburg hipster and the apple store indie. It all depends on my mood that day. But I love all three playlists.

Haha, yeah

So when I think of Apple store indie and Williamsburg Hipster, the first thing that comes to my mind is my first girlfriend I ever had.

And she likes the band peaches too:rotfl:

Going on Playlists, every single band mentioned in Post Rocker, except for Moving Mountains, you can find in my last FM profile. Explosions in the Sky is in my top 50 in last FM.

From prehistoric emo I like Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is The Reason don't know the other bands.

I like every band except Anthrax from Neo-Thrash, metalhead side of me.

I like Norma Jean, and Underoath (August Burns Red is alright toowhich are under Christcore.

That's great and all, but I'm an atheist:rotfl:

I think I should fashion my own scene...

"Music nerd"

A highly-evolved descendant of the prog metal fan. The old Dream Theater's fanbase was in turmoil during the publishing of the controversial album "Octavarium". Their own thoughts about their open-mindedness turned against them when they realized that Dream Theater was, in fact, total crap, and so began a fierce competition among the old prog metal nerds about who was the true fan of music. This spawned the later stage of this elusive curiosity of the internet, called "Music Nerd"

This person's speech is almost indecipherable because it is mostly made of name-dropping and music theory discussion with his imaginary friend "Progfather Beartrucci". He is constantly in search of new music because the open-mindedness contest between other music nerds is a ferocious one, and once you fall behind, it's impossible to catch up. He wears whatever he can get his hands on and shaves his head to maximize the amount of time he can sit in front of the computer browsing new Mongolian throat-singers without taking a shower. He likes to think he has real friends since music fandom is a totally different thing than nolifing, but in reality, he only talks to other people to name-drop the newest of the new in the alt-country scene. Take away his computer and he will slowly curl around his beaten guitar and descend into a coma since his iPod doesn't have enough space to contain even 10% of his music.

Playlist:

Sufjan Stevens

Bon Iver

Charles Mingus

Dying Fetus

Ulver

Ravi Shankar

Stravinsky

Bookmarks:

FiveEight Forums

sevenstring.org

dreamtheaterforums.org

Going on Playlists, every single band mentioned in Post Rocker, except for Moving Mountains, you can find in my last FM profile. Explosions in the Sky is in my top 50 in last FM.

From prehistoric emo I like Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is The Reason don't know the other bands.

I like every band except Anthrax from Neo-Thrash, metalhead side of me.

I like Norma Jean, and Underoath (August Burns Red is alright toowhich are under Christcore.

That's great and all, but I'm an atheist:rotfl:

i'd at least heard of most of the bands on 90% of the playlists

i'm just lazy and haven't listened to them yet haha

if i could find the damn list of bands ross gave me to check out i'd be set...

it's under my bed though :neutral:

I think I should fashion my own scene...

"Music nerd"

A highly-evolved descendant of the prog metal fan. The old Dream Theater's fanbase was in turmoil during the publishing of the controversial album "Octavarium". Their own thoughts about their open-mindedness turned against them when they realized that Dream Theater was, in fact, total crap, and so began a fierce competition among the old prog metal nerds about who was the true fan of music. This spawned the later stage of this elusive curiosity of the internet, called "Music Nerd"

This person's speech is almost indecipherable because it is mostly made of name-dropping and music theory discussion with his imaginary friend "Progfather Beartrucci". He is constantly in search of new music because the open-mindedness contest between other music nerds is a ferocious one, and once you fall behind, it's impossible to catch up. He wears whatever he can get his hands on and shaves his head to maximize the amount of time he can sit in front of the computer browsing new Mongolian throat-singers without taking a shower. He likes to think he has real friends since music fandom is a totally different thing than nolifing, but in reality, he only talks to other people to name-drop the newest of the new in the alt-country scene. Take away his computer and he will slowly curl around his beaten guitar and descend into a coma since his iPod doesn't have enough space to contain even 10% of his music.

Playlist:

Sufjan Stevens

Bon Iver

Charles Mingus

Dying Fetus

Ulver

Ravi Shankar

Stravinsky

Bookmarks:

FiveEight Forums

sevenstring.org

dreamtheaterforums.org

:rotfl:

Geezus man, you really had to go out of your way to make sure you weren't alone on this one, you bastard that doesn't even own a 7 string guitar nor is a member of sevenstring.org/forums

And if anyone else gets the John Petrucci jokes, I'll pay you a dollar for each person that does.

Guest JadeIsRad
Yes, just for you Pekka, I'll make sure to post the picture of me where I wasn't intentionally trying to look like an emo guy

IMG_2060600x450.jpg

I confess you're cute :shifty:8-)

i'd at least heard of most of the bands on 90% of the playlists

i'm just lazy and haven't listened to them yet haha

if i could find the damn list of bands ross gave me to check out i'd be set...

it's under my bed though :neutral:

Well, you're a true scene-ster then:p

I confess you're cute :shifty:8-)

Thankies:)

well obvz 8-)

i just need to be less lazy and actually listen to shit haha

today would be a prime day except I CAN'T FIND MY LIST

Pfft, why listen to other shit when you can continue on your same course of Cartel for the next 3 days non stop?:P

well obvz 8-)

i just need to be less lazy and actually listen to shit haha

today would be a prime day except I CAN'T FIND MY LIST

Well, surely you have SOMETHING on the back of your head besides that. :)

I love you for "City And Colour" by the way. I played through "Sometimes" maybe four times today, and it's some of the most beautiful music I've heard in long time. :kiss:I'm yet to hear the other album, though. :shifty:

Pfft, why listen to other shit when you can continue on your same course of Cartel for the next 3 days non stop?:P

because i need something to listen to after those three days :P

i actually really love this album and it's still the only thing in my library haha

i'm still ripping cds :shifty:

Well, surely you have SOMETHING on the back of your head besides that. :)

I love you for "City And Colour" by the way. I played through "Sometimes" maybe four times today, and it's some of the most beautiful music I've heard in long time. :kiss:I'm yet to hear the other album, though. :shifty:

i'm glad you like him :D

dallas green is by far my favourite musician, he's amazing

second album is more 'folk' that than that one but still brilliant

listen to sleeping sickness

i cry