The Ladies' Thread

Catie

I'm convinced that i'll be single forever. At least it seem like it ,i never meet someone that actually likes me.

Same here!

If I do find someone that seems to genuinely like me there's always something standing in the way of us being in a relationship.

Last night I told the guy I'm into how I feel and his response was something lame like, "I really really like you too. But I'm really weird about that word." I pretty much felt like a total idiot, even though his response wasn't that bad. I just felt really regretful that I told him.

People are just so complicated. I don't like it... especially with this guy. He's unlike any other guy I've liked before. Most of the guys I like are guys I've known for a while and know how they work and whatnot, but this one, I've only know him for like, seven months or so, which really isn't that much time when you think about it. He's such a nice guy but that seems to be his downfall because he's nice to EVERYONE. I don't know if he's just being nice because thats who he is or if he's being nice because he's into me.

And last night at the show we were at it was kind of funny because he was so surprised to see me. When I walked up to him he just stared at me blinking for a good few seconds before wrapping me in a huge hug. And then we talked about the party I'm having (his band is playing) and I told him how my parents were excited to meet him and he was like..... "Ohhhh, parents. Meeting the parents." and I just looked at him and he gave me this playful push and was like, "I love meeting the parents." THEN since I was with a friend, I went back to sit with her and he was sitting a few rows over and after the second to last band played he and his whole group left their seats so I thought they were leaving so I waved and he walked over and kinda tapped me on the forehead with this palm and was like, "We're not leaving yet, silly!" I just don't understand him. Everything he does makes me think he likes me but at the same time he's just so friendly with everyone.

I'm in kinda the same situation as you Faith. Well maybe not... well I think it's all over now haha. Cos there's this guy in my maths calss... well WAS in my maths class, I've left school now. He's the biggest flirt EVER. Like, everyone knows it, they just know him as the flirt. And I've never spoken to him really, til we started talking across the classroom. Then he asked me to move and sit with him. Kinda progressed from there really, he'd have his hand on my leg like all lesson and make little sexy jokes, it was funny though because everyone knows he's like that. Except once we went for a walk and we kissed, then after school we stayed for extra maths because of our exams and we kissed twice more. Then we left school so I knew it was over but we were still texting flirtily and stuff. Then we were saying we'd go for a walk after our leavers ball because somebody was having an after-party, and we did and we kissed then too. Except now he's blanking me!! I mean I knew nothing would progress except he's stopped talking to me and he's telling people he didn't know what he was doing cos he was drunk, which we both were... but c'mon, he was on about us going off somewhere when he was sober and stuff.

Wow sorry about that rant, had to get it out. I'm so annoyed. I really like this guy.

Laura...I think you should talk to him. Just ask him if he was just joking around...I mean, if you knew he was doing that cuz hes a flirter you shouldn't be so annoyed. Something similar happened to me too. I just asked him if he wanted to forget everything cuz i knew he was going to do that sooner or later. That's all you have to do :] I mean...You don't have to do that I'm just giving you an example :P You do what you think it's for the best really...

So, in doing the right thing, I've actually just f----- myself over.

My ex-boyfriend from a year ago STILL hasn't gotten over me. I've long since moved on and no long harbor any feelings towards him in that way, but every couple months he's telling me how much he still wants me, how beautiful [he thinks] I am, that I'm stunning, smart, funny, etc. It makes it uncomfortable for me because I don't like him in that way. He asked me yesterday if I'd ever give him a second chance, if there would ever be a chance in the future for us. I told him as nicely but firmly as possible that no, there wasn't going to be an "us" in the future or any second chances, that it's done and that he will find somebody else. I promised him he would find somebody else even though he doesn't think so, but he still just wants me.

I feel really bad. I don't want to be the one making him feel that way because I know firsthand how much it sucks when you really like somebody who won't give you that chance. Except in my situation, I didn't even get a first chance. And also, I'm not cruel to him like the guy was to me in my situation. But I still feel just as horrid of a person.

I'm f---- myself over because what if my ex-boyfriend is the only guy who will ever care about me as much as he seems to? Guys have liked me and have asked me out before but he seems to be the only one who cares THAT much. But if I don't have feelings for him, I'm not going to date him because that's cruel and unfair to him; I could never do that to another human being. But why, then, if I know I'm doing the right thing do I feel as though I'm only shooting myself in the ass? I can't control who I like or how I feel about someone, so I can't force myself to like him.

yeah i kinda know how you feel... in a way.

just leave it. at least you arnt being mean to him. and he isnt the only one that will ever feel that way for you. you'll find someone else! dont worry.

I agree with Catie on this. Just leave it where it is. You shouldn't feel forced into going back to him. You'll find someone else.

So, the past couple days I've spent a lot of time with the guy I really like and I'm still royally confused about the whole thing. I was talking to a friend of mine and she feels like he's not leading me on even though to people who don't know him, thats probably how it would appear. She thinks he's just really comfortable with me and that he's treating me like the rest of his friends because he tends to be really playful with his friends and whatnot. Yesterday he was especially sweet to me at Warped tour. I had to go home early because I was getting really sick from the heat, so I went and found him to tell him and he was so worried about me and he told me to get better and that he was really happy to spend so much time with me the past couple days and that he cant wait for me to be back in Nashville.

And then last night I had a really vivid dream about him, which is weird because I've never had a dream about a guy I've liked before. Basically we were sitting in my backyard and at first we were just talking, but then he got closer to me and we started flirting a bit, and then the flirting got really obvious. And then he was like, and inch from my face and he was about to kiss me and then one of his friends walked out and said they had to leave. So he stood up quickly and I stood up and he got really close to kissing me again and then I woke up before we could. Seriously, it felt like real life.

idk maybe he just feels comfortable with you. even just as a friend because like u said he apparently is like that with all of his friends.

best thing to do it wait and see. or just flat out ask