Whats the Worst Song

ParaAddictMore

There's a lot of music I don't like as such, but I can at least respect the fact it has artistic merit (for example, I don't really like My Chemical Romance much because of the vocalist, but I can at least recognize the fact they are a good rock with talent).

I really don't like All We Know (the song) but again, it's not the worse thing I've heard because I can sleep peacefully knowing it's at least done by a talented bunch of musicians.

What I don't like is any music that is done by "artists" that clearly have no talent but use the studio to their advantage to make themselves sound good.

I also severely hate any music that wouldn't stand on it's own artistic merits and simply relies on the fact the artist/s are good looking and have a good marketing team, talented song writers and producers behind them to keep them afloat.

An example of the former :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5886Nb_psg

Produced, engineered, mixed and mastered by famed metalcore producer Joey Sturgis.

He makes some good shit, but he also is a self confessed "turd polisher" and does it to make the money.

Attack Attack consist of really terrible, sloppy musicians who cannot play their instruments for shit, but you wouldn't know it with the production techniques of today allows you to line up every drum beat perfectly ( a process called quantizing ) and to edit every single little guitar riff to the point where it sounds almost perfectly played.

Examples of the latter (and to varying extents, the former too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrSg-slJn5o

TERRIBLE performance.

Constantly off pitch.

Yet the masses flock to her.

Why? Because she is DAMN good looking and has a great marketing team.

You don't actually need to be talented to be rolling in cash and have millions of adoring fans, Taylor Swift proves that to be true.

There are thousands upon thousands of singers with significantly better vocal technique and vocal talent than Taylor, but they just wont be as popular because a lot of them wont have the goddess looks and wont be as photogenic as Taylor is.

She probably has the potential to be great, but if you're already rolling in cash and have a massive fan base, what incentive does she have to go and get a vocal coach to improve her vocal technique and actually show she is more than a very mediocre, below average singer?

She couldn't give two fucks as long as she gets to be driven around in fancy cars and have 14 year old boys sitting in their rooms jerking off to pictures of her.

It's a sad, but true situation that will always make me hate most pop music and will ensure I will only ever give my money to serious , hard working and talented musicians who truly deserve their success from their hard work, not their good looks and marketing team.

Strong opinion on some aspects in my post I realize, nor do I expect many people to agree, but it's something I'm highly passionate about as a musician myself, so at least understand where I'm coming from

Harry you really gotta stop writing essays dude....

haha jkz. Attack Attack are shit. But try singing yourself one day....its not like playing an instrument. It depends on your health, fitness, mood etc. So, as for taylor being off, it had nothing to do with lack of talent or being unproffesional. Sometimes you just can't, for the life of you, sound on top.

Of course, most ignoramus's don't realize this. And so one performance apparently discredits a whole career?? (Not directed at you, per say). But yes, I agree that there are certain "artists" *coughSensesFail* that do always fail to deliver, but hey some people are better writers than performers.

And for the record, I don't like Taylor. At all. Think she's just bland.

I'll willing to bank on her being inconsistent more often than a one off basis.

I could be wrong of course, but I just don't see someone like Taylor Swift really caring enough to really deliver from performance to performance. As I said, she doesn't have to, there are a lot of people that really cannot tell that her pitch is off.

Obviously it bothers me a lot, as someone who is a musician and has an ear for this kind of stuff.

She probably is a fairly good song writer, she obviously cannot be terrible but her looks probably sell more records than her music does.

As long as 14 year old boys that jerk off to pictures of hot chicks exist and 12 year old disney teeny bopper girls exist, artist like Swift can shift more records primarily because of the image.

I am also totally aware of what effects a vocal performance too, don't quite need education in that area:wink:

And damn muthafuckers, I only make an essay once in every 100 posts or so:(:P

I'll willing to bank on her being inconsistent more often than a one off basis.

I could be wrong of course, but I just don't see someone like Taylor Swift really caring enough to really deliver from performance to performance. As I said, she doesn't have to, there are a lot of people that really cannot tell that her pitch is off.

Obviously it bothers me a lot, as someone who is a musician and has an ear for this kind of stuff.

She probably is a fairly good song writer, she obviously cannot be terrible but her looks probably sell more records than her music does.

As long as 14 year old boys that jerk off to pictures of hot chicks exist and 12 year old disney teeny bopper girls exist, artist like Swift can shift more records primarily because of the image.

I am also totally aware of what effects a vocal performance too, don't quite need education in that area:wink:

And damn muthafuckers, I only make an essay once in every 100 posts or so:(:P

You're slightly delusional. You'd be hard pressed to find a band out there that it 100% credible. I've spoken with alot of people in the industry. From indie to major, the music industry is an entertainment industry. There's nothing to suggest Taylor has less artistic merit than a band like Paramore, Senses Fail, VE etc. Ys, Taylor is a marketing wet dream, but no one sells music based on looks alone.

Also, it's funny that the performance you're bashing isn't even that bad. It's the Grammys dude- who gives a shit. I've seen far worse- we all have. You don't go to a show to hear 100% perfect pitch corrected bullshit. It's nt like she was well far off- the girl's like, 19 or something?? She was probably expectin Kanye to interrupt her at any second ("I'ma let you finish, but Ashley Simpson had the worst TV performance of all time!")

Well obviously no artist is absolutely perfect.

I can even hear auto tune (albeit very subtle and almost undetectable to most people's ears unless you really focus) on some of my favorite progressive death metal records and the kinda guys in those bands are pretty much top level as far as sheer technical skill goes. That kind of music is quantized to hell and back a lot of the time to make it sound as heavy as possible, but that usually isn't because of a lack of skill on the artist.

Of course people wanna make money from music. That's a given 99 per cent of the time. Hell even some of those aforementioned progressive death metal bands earn all their living off music and don't have day jobs.

But at no point have they really compromised their artistic integrity. With a genre of music like that, it's not music made for the mass market.

But yet, obviously they were smart enough to understand how to get distribution for their records, how to pick the more reasonable record deals and how to exploit the most touring opportunities.

The fans have to understand that kind of music, not the other way around (the artist understanding the fans).

And given that, I still think it's easy to separate artists who don't compromise on their artistic vision and those that do.

Again, you may beg to differ James, but that's how I see it

Look up What Makes You Beautiful. They are terrible. Their MC is called MC Hotwheels cos he's in a wheelchair.

Brokencyde are shit, but entertaining.

Millionaires are pants too, anything by them. I'll find more soon.

:rotfl:

:rotfl: Holy shit thats awesome

eh

You're the fish, dear.

oh and any pitbull song i mean come ON:"i know you want me,you know i want ya"WOW.what great lyrics:roll:

oh and pretty much EVERYTHING in the charts its all the same and no-ones gonna remeber it in 5 years time.it's all dance with hardly any(if there is even any)lyrics.

UGH how i hate dance music

Worst song ever?

Wow this is far too easy.

Chased Through The Woods By A Rapist - Waking The Cadavar.

They sound like a bunch of (I'm not going to write it ) bleeping freaks. The lyrics are disgusting and I swear people who write stuff like that have serious mental issues.

Here's a link to what it sounds like, although it's a misheard lyrics kinda thing.

The misheard lyrics are hilarious though

I don't wanna put the real lyrics on here.