October AP

whatsername104

I was reading what is in the October AP on their website, because I'm still waiting for mine, and it sais they go indepth with members of various bands and Paramore is one of them. Here's the snippet from the website:

WIRETAPPING

Our AP: DIY section is an exclusive guide for budding musicians, complete with even more exclusive pointers from rockers who've been around the block. This month, we get up close and personal with members of Circa Survive, Amber Pacific, Paramore, Transition, Murder By Death, the All-American Rejects and As I Lay Dying, as well as the techs, personal trainers and other experts who keep 'em in shape-musically and otherwise. Elsewhere, we give the monthly Lowdown on the Oolahs, Kill Hannah, the Sleeping and others; Chalkboard Confessional talks inspiration with Dresden Dolls vocalist/keyboardist Amanda Palmer; learn about 25 years of Touch And Go Records in Label Profile; and Fuse VJ Steven pulls back the curtain on Warped Tour in his AP-exclusive Untitled Rock Column.

I'll get it within the next week and a half, but if someone gets it before me, please scan it. Just thought i would post this as a heads up so everyone can go out and get it if they wanted to.

It's on page 58 - Paramore's the feature in the Band Blueprint section, which means it shows what kind of gear they use.

The mic they show for Hayley doesn't look like the one she uses onstage to me though...idk, though...I guess it's hard to tell...

It's on page 58 - Paramore's the feature in the Band Blueprint section, which means it shows what kind of gear they use.

The mic they show for Hayley doesn't look like the one she uses onstage to me though...idk, though...I guess it's hard to tell...

Thanks Brent! I just got the issue.

Yep...here you go...

Josh Farro (guitar/vocals): Gibson Les Paul Classic Guitar; Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb Head; Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Rectifier Cabinet; Boss Chromatic Tuner; Line6 DL4 Delay Modeler

Zac Farro (drums): 4-piece Gretsch Broadcaster Drum Kit; Zildjian Cymbals; Vater Power House Sticks

Jeremy Davis (bass): Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 5 Bass; Fender 2000 Bass Head; Ampeg 8x10 Cabinet; Peavey Procom Wireless Unit; Boss Chromatic Tuner

Hunter Lamb (guitar): Gibson SG Guitar; Fender Deville 4x10 Amplifier; Boss Chromatic Tuner

Hayley Williams (vocals): Shure 87 Microphone

There aren't pictures of the band or anything - just pictures of the gear...and I don't think the gear that's shown is theirs - I think it's just stock pics of the stuff listed...

Still, cool to know what they all use...

Yep...here you go...

Josh Farro (guitar/vocals): Gibson Les Paul Classic Guitar; Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb Head; Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Rectifier Cabinet; Boss Chromatic Tuner; Line6 DL4 Delay Modeler

Zac Farro (drums): 4-piece Gretsch Broadcaster Drum Kit; Zildjian Cymbals; Vater Power House Sticks

Jeremy Davis (bass): Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 5 Bass; Fender 2000 Bass Head; Ampeg 8x10 Cabinet; Peavey Procom Wireless Unit; Boss Chromatic Tuner

Hunter Lamb (guitar): Gibson SG Guitar; Fender Deville 4x10 Amplifier; Boss Chromatic Tuner

Hayley Williams (vocals): Shure 87 Microphone

There aren't pictures of the band or anything - just pictures of the gear...and I don't think the gear that's shown is theirs - I think it's just stock pics of the stuff listed...

Still, cool to know what they all use...

thanks for that. Hah, on vators website it says zac plays with 5B vator sticks. oh well.

Well, I've already said the mic they show doesn't look like the mic Hayley uses live to me (not that I'm a expert on this by any stretch of the imagination though :)...but at the bottom of the AP thing, it does say something about how you can hear them playing all these instruments on AWKIF, so maybe this is more the gear they used then than it is the gear they use now...hard to say...

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I've already said the mic they show doesn't look like the mic Hayley uses live to me (not that I'm a expert on this by any stretch of the imagination though :)...but at the bottom of the AP thing, it does say something about how you can hear them playing all these instruments on AWKIF, so maybe this is more the gear they used then than it is the gear they use now...hard to say...

I have a feeling its either STudio gear. Or like what they are using on the headlining tour? cause like i know they and alot of other bands have had to mix it up. Especially on Warped tour. Ive seen jeremy using Ampeg SVT heads. ive seen orange cabinets. And i saw in old pics of Josh using a fender telecaster. I dunno how he pulled that off but the sound from that is very different from the album. I saw Josh play on Pearl drums along with Nate and PJ in japan. Alot of bands like Mesa/Boogie dual rectifiers. Its popular on warped. Guitar wise they Hunter and Josh are quite predictable. Drums ive seen Zac play Gretch but tons of other randoms ones aswell (I wonder how hes endorsed?)> Saw him play Paiste and sabians in the studio pics aswell.

Im sure the majority of the time Hayley is using the Shure SM58. Thats a real popular mic for live concerts and all. Though im sure she would enjoy using the Audix equivalent of that.

Thats just my 2 cents.

Ren

you have vator power house sticks? ive never played with them. he uses really thick sticks compared to me. im guna get some and check em outtttt. buttttt i cant find them lmao

Well Zac's a big guy. He can probably handle them. I prefer 5A Japanese Oaks by Pro-mark. Good sticks. Last a long time aswell.

Ren