Another idiotic review

thebrowncoat

You know you're in for a good review when the reviewer compliments Jeremy's bass playing...even though he only played bass on one of the tracks on AWKIF. I mean, c'mon...at least read the liner notes. It's not that hard.

Goo Goo Dolls? How the hell do you get that comparison?

Hayley's voice is OUT OF PLACE? The songs are like "orchestral pieces that need no vocals?" Uhhh, what? I mean, they're well written songs, but, ummm, I don't think they'd quite work as instrumentals. We're not talking Beethoven or Bach here.

Oh, and I guess Paramore can't appeal to me because they're a "young band" and only "appeal to a certain audience." Brilliant statement there.

I personally, though, can't wait for Paramore to "surprise us someday." I'm glad to hear that Mr. Evans thinks the "talent is there", but that they just need to work out some kinks, which presumably include Hayley's voice. Idiot.

I mean, I understand that not everyone likes the same music...but if you're going to give something a bad review, you should at least be able to get who plays on the album correct...and not say things that are absolute nonsense and/or make zero sense.

Ahh well...it was fun to trash the review at least :) Enjoy reading it :)

D Review: Paramore - All We Know is Falling

By Dominick Evans

B0009W5K0Y.01._SY90_THUMBZZZZZ_.jpg

The cover of Paramore’s first CD, All We Know is Falling, offers a serene picture of a red couch. At first glance, it seems so comfortable and inviting, and yet from another view it looks plain, empty, and utterly forgettable. This cover sets the scene for a CD that is neither good nor bad. The only thing I can say is listening to it was a lackluster experience.

Enjoyed Dominick Evans' article? Browse the writer's entire Blogcritic article archive, or check out Blogcritics Music for more great reviews and news.

-- Connie Phillips, Blogcritics.org music editor

As I popped the CD in my player and poised my ear in so I could listen intently, I immediately heard strong instrumentals. I am not disputing the talent of this bunch because for a group of such young band members I could see them all growing immensely as artists. For example, the band’s drummer, Zac Farro is just 15 and is posed to have a wonderful career in the music business if he wants it. Likewise, the bassist and lead guitarist, Josh Farro and Jeremy Davis are equally talented.

There were moments, when I was listening to tracks like "Emergency" and "Pressure" I got the vibe of the similar sounding, Goo Goo Dolls who I do enjoy listening to on occasion. I also found there was something lacking… something I could not figure out until the third time I listened through the CD.

The singer of the group, Hayley Williams, is just 17 years old. Even thought she is already showing talent in her vocals, I have to say I felt her voice was out of place. As I listened to many songs, such as, "All We Know" and "Never Let This Go", I was reminded of an orchestral piece that needed no vocals. This may or may not be true, but the fact is that Hayley’s voice, while teeming with potential, needs the strength to match the force of the band behind her. The vibe I got from Hayley was that of a ballad singer (think Amy Lee of Evanescence) while the band behind her was alternative (think Simple Plan).

When it comes to the music, "Whoa", was my least favorite track. Reminiscent of an emo song gone wrong, it just struck the wrong cord in me. However, I can say that it was the only track on All We Know is Falling that I truly disliked. The others, while unmemorable, were not interesting enough to make me want to turn off the CD. They just seemed to blend in to my day and were not enough to make me want to stop and listen had I been doing something else.

There are ten songs on the All We Know is Falling CD and for a freshman try it wasn’t a horrible one. I have heard better, but in my opinion, this wasn't the worst album on the planet either.

Paramore is a young band, and because of this, they appeal to a certain audience. However, I feel that most people who have already gotten through the angst-ridden trials and tribulations of teenage love gone wrong will not find a place in their heart for this band.

Paramore has the possibility and the talent to do great things. It just was not happening on this particular album. The songs felt so similar that they all seemed to blend into one. Occasionally, one would jump out and make me take notice, but usually that was not the case. It was just one song after another that could have been a large orchestral piece broken up between sets.

The producer of this CD is a company called Fueled by Ramen. If you are familiar with bands such as, Panic! At the Disco and Fall Out Boy then you may recognize the name. All the bands on this label I have heard tend to be unique in some way and fall under the alternative or punk categories. Sadly, I must say that if you purchase this CD hoping to find Fueled by Ramen greatness you will be disappointed.

Paramore was a miss with All We Know is Falling, but bands are capable of change. Don’t write them off completely just yet. Who knows, they may end up surprising us someday. The talent is there. They just need to work out the kinks.

To comment on this and more reviews go to Blogcritics.org

Although I don't agree with all, (I do agree with some. The fact that there is room to grow etc.) I think he brings up valid points.

Ya gotta respect outside opinions. Just because one person doesn't like it and you do doesn't mean that person is wrong or idiotic, they just have a different perspective. Besides... this one was no where near as bad as some as the others that just bash the band relentlessly.

I just can't wait for the new album, my hopes are really high; which can be a good and a bad thing.

Although I don't agree with all, (I do agree with some. The fact that there is room to grow etc.) I think he brings up valid points.

Ya gotta respect outside opinions. Just because one person doesn't like it and you do doesn't mean that person is wrong or idiotic, they just have a different perspective. Besides... this one was no where near as bad as some as the others that just bash the band relentlessly.

I just can't wait for the new album, my hopes are really high; which can be a good and a bad thing.

Oh, I absolutely respect other opinions - there are certainly going to be people who don't like Paramore and, to be honest, I think there are things on AWKIF that would be 10x as good if they rerecorded that album today - that's how much they've grown...

But what bugged me about this review is the inaccuracies...and then some of the things he says just don't make sense - all the orchestral stuff and Hayley's voice not fitting the music makes no sense to me at all...I'm not even sure what he's getting at.

When it comes to the music, "Whoa", was my least favorite track. Reminiscent of an emo song gone wrong, it just struck the wrong cord in me. However, I can say that it was the only track on All We Know is Falling that I truly disliked. The others, while unmemorable...

Occasionally, one would jump out and make me take notice, but usually that was not the case.

This guy really needs to be more decissive.What an idiot.Either it was memorable or it wasn't.

yea i cant wait for a cd with jeremy actually playing on it but with the review i have no clue either by what he meant by orchestral and the whole ballad thing is ridiculus breathe is basically a ballad and to me i think she sounds better with the type of songs on the current cd

Breathe isn't on AWKIF.

• 4 weeks later...