what u think it will sound like as 4 piece?

Born For This is living proof that Paramore will be amazing as a four piece. :]

Theres two guitars on it. :P

And I'm pretty sure they lied to the guys who went for the LSYES contest saying Hunter had "recorded his parts and went home". When they got home from touring he probably never went to the studio and just told them what was up.

Anyway, I'm almost positive Josh recorded everything, and even if he had stayed in the first place he still probably wouldn't have played anything anyway, being that it would just be plain faster to have Josh jam out the rhythm chords and start working on the lead.

I guess the good news now is that... Jeremy gets the whole right side of the stage to himself!! :lol::willy_nilly::lol::willy_nilly::lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if u are really anal about music then u will definitely notice a big difference, because josh is in no way a jazz guitarist and there is no way he will be able to play those two licks clean on stage. so itll be different for sure. my buddy brandon played one of their songs by himself and he had a little bit of trouble just cuz its two guitars, however he has been playing for 10 years and is a 3rd year jazz guitar major in college lol.

yeah Iam not too sure it will sound the same, but we can all hope for the best :)

And I'm pretty sure they lied to the guys who went for the LSYES contest saying Hunter had "recorded his parts and went home". When they got home from touring he probably never went to the studio and just told them what was up.

Anyway, I'm almost positive Josh recorded everything, and even if he had stayed in the first place he still probably wouldn't have played anything anyway, being that it would just be plain faster to have Josh jam out the rhythm chords and start working on the lead.

I guess the good news now is that... Jeremy gets the whole right side of the stage to himself!! :lol::willy_nilly::lol::willy_nilly::lol:

If you read the LJ post from when they made the Hunter announcement, you'll see that Hayley went through and apologized to every single person who went up there for the contest that they couldn't tell them the truth at that time about Hunter...so she more than made up for the fact that they just weren't able to say anything about it at the time all the contest winners were there.

I'm not sure this thread is really going anywhere constructive...I don't want to stifle conversation, but guys - they're going to figure out how to make it work and all this speculation doesn't really get us anywhere. Give them our support right now...don't be negative or assume it's going to sound different because there are plenty of possible ways for them to make it sound the same or better and they'll figure out what works best before they hit the road.

This is a band that absolutely knows how to put on an incredible live show. They will, I'm sure, be rehearsing before they go out on tour. They're going to know exactly what the songs sound like as a 4-piece...and they'll figure out how to make it work...we're not going to go to these shows and be disappointed. I guarantee you that.

My point is that Josh can handle it, and Paramore can handle it.

I'll have to agree with Brent that spectulation isn't really helping anything...I feel comfortable with where Paramore is now. I don't think they need a fifth member. I believe they'll be just as incredible now as they always were. It was incredibly sad to see Hunter leave, we all know that, but he is happy. And now Paramore is a four piece. Should this really change how we think they're going to perform or how their music is going to sound?

It's Paramore, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

My point is that Josh can handle it, and Paramore can handle it.

I'll have to agree with Brent that spectulation isn't really helping anything...I feel comfortable with where Paramore is now. I don't think they need a fifth member. I believe they'll be just as incredible now as they always were. It was incredibly sad to see Hunter leave, we all know that, but he is happy. And now Paramore is a four piece. Should this really change how we think they're going to perform or how their music is going to sound?

It's Paramore, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

yea, but his point is that when you are recording a song, you don't just play it through like you're playing it live. I'm positive that there are parts in certain songs that the guitar part is played and recorded, THEN they/he went back and recorded more guitar parts on top of what is already been recorded. Therefore it'd be hard to play those two parts at once. Just like The Almost: Aaron played all the instruments himself, but when it comes down to performing it, he has a band.

If you read the LJ post from when they made the Hunter announcement, you'll see that Hayley went through and apologized to every single person who went up there for the contest that they couldn't tell them the truth at that time about Hunter...so she more than made up for the fact that they just weren't able to say anything about it at the time all the contest winners were there.

I'm not sure this thread is really going anywhere constructive...I don't want to stifle conversation, but guys - they're going to figure out how to make it work and all this speculation doesn't really get us anywhere. Give them our support right now...don't be negative or assume it's going to sound different because there are plenty of possible ways for them to make it sound the same or better and they'll figure out what works best before they hit the road.

This is a band that absolutely knows how to put on an incredible live show. They will, I'm sure, be rehearsing before they go out on tour. They're going to know exactly what the songs sound like as a 4-piece...and they'll figure out how to make it work...we're not going to go to these shows and be disappointed. I guarantee you that.

If most of the songs are similar to born for this where the lead rarely overlaps the rhythm then it'll be easy! Jeremy ends up being the most prominent sound live anyway, and since the rhythm and bass usually play pretty much the same thing.. problem solved!

I'm still impressed with Hayley's voice though, sounds like a different person. Large and in charge, I guess? Ha :willy_nilly:

yea, but his point is that when you are recording a song, you don't just play it through like you're playing it live. I'm positive that there are parts in certain songs that the guitar part is played and recorded, THEN they/he went back and recorded more guitar parts on top of what is already been recorded. Therefore it'd be hard to play those two parts at once. Just like The Almost: Aaron played all the instruments himself, but when it comes down to performing it, he has a band.

I understand what his point is. MY point is that they'll be fine.

do you think the rest of the cd will be tuned so low like born for this, i like the contrast of high vocal melodies over low heavy chords

I do actually; since Hayley said there are a lot more 'darker' songs on this record.. which usually gets associated to lower tunings, its definitely a possibility.

thanks, I dont know why everyone thinks its like talking shit or saying negative things.

Well I dont think anyonw here is talking crap about the band, I believe that if you took the time to register in a paramore forum is because you like them. Unless you are a moronic hater :uhh:

Its obvious thats they will have to come up with something to make it sound ok, because I doubt they would like to play live if they are not happy with the way it sounds, so Iam sure they will do what they think is best.

We will have to wait see.

Yeah, ok...sorry to imply that anyone was being negative...I just felt like we might be sort of creeping down that path and wanted to head it off before we did get there...

As for Hayley's voice - I agree completely. Every time I hear her, she sounds better and better. It's incredible how much she's worked and developed her vocals.

As for Hayley's voice - I agree completely. Every time I hear her, she sounds better and better. It's incredible how much she's worked and developed her vocals.

o man. me too! she sounds better and better everytime i hear her.

i really hope they play brighter on this tour cuz i love that song but i think i remember them saying they dont play it cuz it puts too much of strain on hayleys voice. maybe now they can??? im gonna yell for it.

o man. me too! she sounds better and better everytime i hear her.

i really hope they play brighter on this tour cuz i love that song but i think i remember them saying they dont play it cuz it puts too much of strain on hayleys voice. maybe now they can??? im gonna yell for it.

They did cut it from the setlist on the headlining tour after she started having vocal problems. I think everyone kind of assumed at that point that Brighter and Hallelujah, because of the high notes, were the hardest songs for her to sing live with the problems she was having.

Heh - yelling for songs during a show is usually not going to get them in the set...the setlist for most all bands is pretty well-defined - the sound guys have to know what's coming next, the lighting guys need to be able to do their thing to the right song...switching it up all of a sudden isn't done much...unless you're The White Stripes and Jack White just decides to play whatever pops into his head next.

Well here is what I was thinking.

Jeremy originally wanted to learn how to play guitar right? Maybe he will play guitar in some of the songs and just not have bass because I believe there was a short time where there wasn't a bassist in the band right? Before John came and after he left? I just thought that would work.

And it IS great he gets a whole part of the stage for himself.

you can't play without a bassist without sounding like crap.

it's often over looked because you don't notice it as much,but it is the core instrument in a band in particular their live performance in my opinion and from experience,so I doubt Jeremy switching over would ever happen

Yeah, the only band I've ever seen play live without a bassist is The White Stripes. The rhythm section (drums and bass) is absolutely critical live.