AOL Music Sessions - GO VOTE!

nemesis90

and one of those AOL people who came on here said that Paramore wasnt going to be any other AOL vote thing. which is such bs because they are still on the AOL breakers or whatever its called.

Exactly. I don't see any reason to believe what we've been told here so far until we hear it from an actual source connected with the band...or Paramore's doing their sessions.

We spoke to AOL's Technical Support ( See the past pages where one of the Paramore fans did it) and got a vague answer:

Contact AOLMusic, They'll handle the problem. It's out of my hands.

That's all we did. A bunch of us emailed them, (I think ALL of us did, to be exact)

=) You guys were winning, so we aimed for you first.

Hayley from paramore.org got an email back from AOL and it said:

Hi Hayley,

We removed Paramore from the Sessions Under Cover poll because cheaters were rigging the poll. However, don't worry! We love Paramore and are still considering them for Sessions Under Cover. Instead, channel your voting madness to the Breakers poll.

Hayley from paramore.org got an email back from AOL and it said:

Hi Hayley,

We removed Paramore from the Sessions Under Cover poll because cheaters were rigging the poll. However, don't worry! We love Paramore and are still considering them for Sessions Under Cover. Instead, channel your voting madness to the Breakers poll.

Good to hear! :D

This incident is not without precedent. See here for a similiar incident that occurred a few months ago while Daphne Loves Derby was competing with Envy On the Coast.

http://z12.invisionfree.com/Daphne_Loves_Derby/index.php?showtopic=1381&st=540

Apparently AOL prefers one vote per person, although it was not explicitly stated anywhere on the site at the time (I have not checked recently).

I'd explain a little more, but that thread does a lot of explaining for itself. There are a lot of fans of other bands sharing similar sentiments.

i find it hilarious when peoples lives are so pathetic they go and insult fans of another band

its also pretty pathetic that people would 'snitch' just because of a stupid online poll

but, whatever

mr AOL man is pretty lucky i wasn't posting while he was on here

cause i've got quite the mouth on me

You can have a mouthful of my balls.

i find it hilarious when peoples lives are so pathetic they go and insult fans of another band

its also pretty pathetic that people would 'snitch' just because of a stupid online poll

but, whatever

mr AOL man is pretty lucky i wasn't posting while he was on here

cause i've got quite the mouth on me

You can have a mouthful of my balls.

Hey everyone - just ignore the people who keep spamming this thread with nasty comments. The staff is dealing with it and I'm sorry you guys are having to put up with it.

On another note, this isn't the first time the AOL Sessions voting has been hit up by auto-voting or something similar - and the way it usually seems to work is that whatever band is winning by a ton gets removed...and then winds up doing a session a month or two later. At the end of the day, the cheating isn't good, but it does show some committed fan support...and I don't know that the poll really has much to do at all with who actually gets chosen.

OMG it was a papa roach fan! not a brand new fan.

burning blood wrote:

AOLADVISR was Dustin (Destructive)

BrandNew was me, because they were giving us a bad rep, I decided to pin it on a Brand New Fan.

Sorry to get your hopes up. We just wanted to stir shit on their board without getting BH involved.

Ok, I've just deleted a whole string of posts that were basically back and forths between some of you guys and the folks from the Papa Roach boards.

No harm done, but in the future, if someone's saying stuff like that, contact an admin or a mod and we'll take care of it. I know it's hard not to get angry when people are being ugly about a band we all love, but fighting back kind of just eggs them on...

Ah okay sorry Brent

That would have probably been best

There isn't always a mod around at the moment though

Apologies :]

It's totally not a big deal...but if there's not a mod around, just not responding and then sending it to us via PM is probably the best way to go...that way when one of us is on, we can take care of it ASAP...