AOL Music Sessions - GO VOTE!

nemesis90

yea, lets just make sure we dont cheat.

or at least dont advertise your cheating on here.

I don't see how someone could cheat on a poll that lets you vote more than once anyway...

And those guys from the Papa Roach boards, well I had a low opinion of Papa Roach before but now it's even lower. I mean they've got to be complete idiots with no lives at all to pretend to be from AOL. It was only a poll for christs sake.

That pisses me off... especially the last part (excluding the Pete Wentz bit) but then I remember that this is the internet.

And I'm pretty sure that there's no way of knowing that someone cheated to vote using a program anyway... and even if someone did then I doubt that AOL would care anyway. It's only an online poll.

I didn't vote at all because I never got around to it (busy with school stuff =/) and I didn't really read much of these posts but from what I can conclude people are lame but we have to accept that there WAS a post on here about how to cheat (in the first pages, I think the third one?)but if that wasn't allowed then why would they let us vote multiple times? I think they should change it to one vote per person. That was a mistake on their part. It was stupid for those guys coming on this forum and saying all those things when they were doing the same (papa roach?? come on!) All bad stuff aside we should just focus on them winning AOL Breakers! but no cheating programs!

Hey

I'm Zach, one of the administrators from BH.net. Please understand that the people who have come and posted here as AOL employees, etc., represent a small minority of this papa roach forum, and don't represent the entire board.

Now it is obvious that people from brokenh and paramorefans both used scripts or applications to rack up votes on the sessions under-cover site, exploiting a weakness in their poll. (Which is why numerous polls get jacked like that.) We all know that the thousands of votes for Papa Roach & Paramore were not legit.

In regards to those screen shots posted from the forum, I posted a small block of code that would use compiled code to send votes, simply as a way to show how the poll is flawed. The code was not compiled or distributed to anyone and the post was removed.

Side note: The name 'The Paramour Sessions' is from the Hollywood Hills mansion, 'The Paramour', that the band stayed in for a few months while writing and recording the album.

Also, On a binge, our moderator pointed out in the screen shots is a Paramore fan. :P

Okay? Stupid poll by an irrelevant internet company. Lets move on and not create any animosity between us.

Thanks,

Zach

yea no problem

i knew of the whole "paramour" thing, thats where mychem recorded "The Black Parade"

i heard thats a freaky ass mansion.

i was just saying that it was ironic how its both our bands that got into this "brawl" if you will.

yea we totally understand dude, we have a few kids who cheated, but it doesnt mean we all did, just like youse.

we've mostly moved on though about that whole fiasco.

totally appreciate what you wrote tho.

...and I don't know that the poll really has much to do at all with who actually gets chosen.

IT DOESN'T!! I've said that since people were saying to vote for paramore. the poll really doesn't matter. Saosin was on it, and they had maybe 10% of the votes and still did a session. The poll really doesn't play a major role into picking the bands.

Hey

I'm Zach, one of the administrators from BH.net. Please understand that the people who have come and posted here as AOL employees, etc., represent a small minority of this papa roach forum, and don't represent the entire board.

Now it is obvious that people from brokenh and paramorefans both used scripts or applications to rack up votes on the sessions under-cover site, exploiting a weakness in their poll. (Which is why numerous polls get jacked like that.) We all know that the thousands of votes for Papa Roach & Paramore were not legit.

In regards to those screen shots posted from the forum, I posted a small block of code that would use compiled code to send votes, simply as a way to show how the poll is flawed. The code was not compiled or distributed to anyone and the post was removed.

Side note: The name 'The Paramour Sessions' is from the Hollywood Hills mansion, 'The Paramour', that the band stayed in for a few months while writing and recording the album.

Also, On a binge, our moderator pointed out in the screen shots is a Paramore fan. :P

Okay? Stupid poll by an irrelevant internet company. Lets move on and not create any animosity between us.

Thanks,

Zach

THANK YOU!

finally, someone's mature about it

ps, HIM recorded Dark Light at the Paramour

and of course Bam was there most of the time

pretty sweet deal

IT DOESN'T!! I've said that since people were saying to vote for paramore. the poll really doesn't matter. Saosin was on it, and they had maybe 10% of the votes and still did a session. The poll really doesn't play a major role into picking the bands.

Yeah, and I've gotten further confirmation that everything is fine with AOL...they had heard that some scripts were being used to vote for them, but the information I have is that they weren't disqualified...this person says that the poll just starts over every week...and that's when they took Paramore out.

So, my personal guess is that, if the band wants to do it, we'll see an AOL Sessions at some point...they'll just have to find the time to go record it and stuff. Guess we'll see...

That whole Papa Roach thing was just funny. As Paramore gets bigger, there will be more and more people on this forum trying to "stir things up." It's just what happens. There will always be haters. I actually think that Papa Roach is okay...they aren't great but they are okay.