Album art?

Haha the reason for our opinions is in the first post - the picture.

Hahaha.

It's kind of pathetic how you want everyone to like it, and if we don't we apparently need some huge, detailed explanation about why.

I just don't, and that's all the explanation I need.

I'm ok with people not liking it - I just didn't like the bashing and negativity I saw in some posts...there's a fine line, as someone (I think it was Ash :) said in the LJ, between constructive criticism and bashing. I thought a few of the posts crossed that line...

And yeah, I did say why I liked it...and I can get long-winded :)

I'm not always right though...I know that...who knows if all the theories and whatever I tossed out are right or wrong? Only the band can tell us for sure...

You know that picture in your sig Diego? The one with Riot! in the background and the four of them? I think that would have made a nicer, more eye pleasing cover.

i think that would work better too. like someone else said earlier, this seems kinda rushed && crowded. it could be a lot worse, but it could be a lot better too. maybe a bigger version would look better...

maybe i should of said it in my first post but i'm more than sure i'll like it if i see a bigger version/see it in person. its just a small pic and looks all mooshed up and stuff. but like others said all i really care about is the music, which im sure will be amazing.

but yeah...could somebody fill me in about AWKIF's cover...i had no clue there was a story behind it *hides :P*

Brent, i usually agree with everything you say and all your opinions are well thought and explained, i like that, and i wish i could have the same kind of diplomacy to state my opinions...

But i do feel that the negativity and the comments that I've been reading (that, btw do not seem that mean spirited to me) is there precisely bc of the reason you are stating. We are fans. We love their music, we support them always, but at the same time, we eagerly wait for all kinds of creative or artistic input they have to offer.

I can honestly say that until this very point, i have not been dissappointed with any of their decisions, or choices, or more importantly, their music.

For me, being a very visual person, this album art does not appeal to me at all, and not bc it isnt as meaninful as AWKIF, but bc it is just about the way i feel when i see it. I just feel, (and i'm not trying to start any type of discussion here, im just stating my opinion,) like i had a bad taste in my mouth, and its completely a visceral reaction, i just dont like it, and i can't force myself to like it.

Maybe my ughhs, and i hates came off a little agressive to anyone who wasn't in my same possition, but that's just the way that i feel about it, and it was the only way i could think of in the moment to express myself.

And people have disagreements, and you can't agree always with everything the other people say or do, that wouldn't even be healthy...

I hope that my comments were understood and not misinterpreted, because i meant it the best way possible

EDIT:::: I just saw the pictures for the Miz Biz video, and i like the background a LOT more in color

Brent, i usually agree with everything you say and all your opinions are well thought and explained, i like that, and i wish i could have the same kind of diplomacy to state my opinions...

But i do feel that the negativity and the comments that I've been reading (that, btw do not seem that mean spirited to me) is there precisely bc of the reason you are stating. We are fans. We love their music, we support them always, but at the same time, we eagerly wait for all kinds of creative or artistic input they have to offer.

I can honestly say that until this very point, i have not been dissappointed with any of their decisions, or choices, or more importantly, their music.

For me, being a very visual person, this album art does not appeal to me at all, and not bc it isnt as meaninful as AWKIF, but bc it is just about the way i feel when i see it. I just feel, (and i'm not trying to start any type of discussion here, im just stating my opinion,) like i had a bad taste in my mouth, and its completely a visceral reaction, i just dont like it, and i can't force myself to like it.

Maybe my ughhs, and i hates came off a little agressive to anyone who wasn't in my same possition, but that's just the way that i feel about it, and it was the only way i could think of in the moment to express myself.

And people have disagreements, and you can't agree always with everything the other people say or do, that wouldn't even be healthy...

I hope that my comments were understood and not misinterpreted, because i meant it the best way possible

EDIT:::: I just saw the pictures for the Miz Biz video, and i like the background a LOT more in color

Well, like we've been discussing in the LJ...I think a lot of things get interpreted differently on the internet...so what I see as mean-spirited, someone else might not see that way...and I totally respect that.

I don't remember your exact comment, to be honest, and I haven't gone back to look for it because...idk...at this point, it's water under the bridge. I apologize if I came off too harsh with my opinions and assumed the worst about a lot of people who seemed to be pretty negative...

I just really love the community we've built here and I'd hate for it to become anything like ap.net or anywhere else where that kind of attitude pervades so many of the threads...I don't see that happening yet...but every so often I read a string of posts and I get a little worried...there are likely going to be a lot of changes and a lot of things that change with Paramore and their fanbase and their popularity over the next few months...and I really hope that all of us here can support them in that...because I don't think it's going to be easy for them either.

So, sorry if I overreacted somewhat...

You're right. It doesn't have a meaning.

AWKIF had a meaning that they could explain. If they were asked what this cover meant, what could they possibly say?

"We like black, white and orange." ???

Ok, at risk of doing exactly what I just said I should be careful about above...I have to ask - how do you know it doesn't have a meaning? If the band designed this, I'm almost positive it does have a meaning to them...and I'm thinking we'll find out what it is from them eventually. The more I look back at my previous post, the more I think I was a bit stupid with what I said about the label possibly having a lot of input here...considering most of the cover is the handwritten RIOT! and we know the band wrote that themselves originally.

I don't remember your exact comment, to be honest, and I haven't gone back to look for it because...idk...at this point, it's water under the bridge. I apologize if I came off too harsh with my opinions and assumed the worst about a lot of people who seemed to be pretty negative...

I just really love the community we've built here and I'd hate for it to become anything like ap.net or anywhere else where that kind of attitude pervades so many of the threads...I don't see that happening yet...but every so often I read a string of posts and I get a little worried...there are likely going to be a lot of changes and a lot of things that change with Paramore and their fanbase and their popularity over the next few months...and I really hope that all of us here can support them in that...because I don't think it's going to be easy for them either.

I agree with you completely on this, AP.net is so full of negativity, but a great deal of the blame in on the site runners themselves.

I think that we still have a very friendly and opinion-open site here, and in order to keep a healthy relation with everyone in this site, we need to state our own opinions and talk these things thru.

And yes, sometimes opinions can be stated imprudently and without thinking, but trust me, most of us arent trying to bash anyone, or to come off as negative or harsh....

But that always happens everywhere, so you dont have to stess to much about it, there are plenty of people trying to create and mantain the ambient of this site, and i count myself among those people.

It is really good that you have those concerns, i think it is great. I was just trying to reach and understanding point between 2 different points of view, and i think its great that we can talk things in such open mind

somebody answer my question! :crybad: haha. :P

Well, assuming you know what the cover looks like, the shadow on the couch represents Jeremy's leaving... Uhm.. Yeah, that's about it, I guess... And AWKIF was named so because that's how they felt--like all they knew was falling apart. Something like that.

Well, assuming you know what the cover looks like, the shadow on the couch represents Jeremy's leaving... Uhm.. Yeah, that's about it, I guess... And AWKIF was named so because that's how they felt--like all they knew was falling apart. Something like that.

oooh. thanks for telling me, haha.

brent, i don't think anyone was intending to be mean-spirited, i think a lot of people were just expecting something better than that but i'm starting to like it now, it stands out more than AWKIF. i mean everyone has different opinions though and people should respect each other's opinions. but yeah i agree with your point about the community on this website, it's like a extension to my friends and family, all you guys on here!

well think we should forgot about what's been said, go back to talking about the album cover and look forward to the new album in june.