Goodbye PF.com

EDIT BY ASHLEY: Hayley Williams did not make me kick Diego off the site. I did talk about it with her and their manager, but no one forced me to do anything.

EDIT BY BRENT: I've posted this a bunch of times below, but let me reiterate what Ash said...Ash and I made this decision, NOT Hayley or anyone in the band. Please, please DO NOT pin this on Hayley - Ash talked to her about what happened and apologized for the site's involvement in the leak, but the decision about Diego was made solely by Ash and myself.

edit by diego: thats not what you said at 1st.

My post was made solely on the conversation we had yesterday, may 10 2007

edit Diego 2: then why the hell ash said soemthing different? at 1st

Its not like I invented it out of the blue, like I am going to say oh yeah lets blame it on hayley

Wow this is going to be hard to write, I actually dont know what to say or how to start this. How about this, My name is Diego I was part of paramorefans until well today. I started on the site back on 05 when it all started; I was the 1st staffer that ash got and we pretty much pulled together the site back then. It was funny ho I knew very little when I started, I even remember I had no idea how to use the gallery and upload pictures, it scared me. Yeah as I said I really dont know the best way to start this.

Well I wanted to communicate you guys that I will be no longer be part of the site. How come? Well its complicated but it bascially I am being fully blamed for the leakage of the video. Yes I posted it here a few minutes, I am no hidding that.

Hayley(paramore) asked ashley to kick me out of the site for this so yeah...

Although to be honest I had already some plans of leaving the site for different reasons but I wont get to that.

The only thing I want to add about this is that I want to explain that I did it because see I found the video on www.brightcove.com This website is in charge on handling the FBR+ systems, to what extent I have no idea,but you could go to the FBR+ website and check that all the media is loaded on brightcove systems, and I believe thats how brightcove got the video, they didnt steal it, they must have gotten it from FBR, in my opinion a MAJOR screw up.

When I found the video it had 53 wiews, even alyssa can verify that because when i told her the video had 61 views. I wasnt the only person who ripped it, there was this LJ dude who did the same, but well maybe all of this is not important. I did something wrong I know, still I wanted to state why....

To be honest one of my mayor concern is that I still hope the site keeps up. Now that I am not part of the staff I feel more freely saying that I was the one who basically did all the work, aside from the news posting that is. That has always been brents thing.

I do hope the site keeps up, that they do not fall behind with the media content, upload all the cool videos that you guys take, make live tracks, make ipod formats of the best videos. with the gallery I really hope they dont fall behind, theres so many pictures this tour. The forum, I hope they do run forum maintances every month as I did, add games to the arcade, try to improve the main site a bit more each time.

Thanks for all the friendship; I have "met" and got to know quite a handful of very awsome people, people that I can actually call them friends. Alyssa, Rachna, Lisa, Emily, Hayley, Jess, Jarrod, Chris(haha thanks for evertyhing dude), Ren(lol even saying his name makes me laugh), Jess spain, Kim, Mel, Chelsea(although i know u from somewhere else), cheyenne even martin and i might be forgetting a few more people, sorry = /

Do I hate the band/hayley because they asked ash to kick me? Not really. I still think they are great kids and I wish them the best. I just dont think they see the big picture here, I admit I did wrong as others did, but I was the easiest target yet. Maybe I just lost a bit of respect.

Will I still be part of the PF forum? Highly doubt it, lol its kinda odd like being the base of this site and then youre a regular member, its just odd so yeah I dont think I will be visiting this site anymore.

but hey you can always contact me. If you need help with anything, questions, etc you can always say hi to me.

msn : diego_locomotion

aim: paramorefans

oh yeah I am gonna keep it, I added the people i talk to to that SN so um yeah its mine.

Well I basically did all the work for you guys, well also for the band, but if you guys werent part of the site I wouldnt have bothered of busting my ass, all of you were a motivation to try to do the best and to try and improve the site as much as I could.

I hope the staff that stays will do the same thing for you,

I really love all of you guys and i mean the whole freaking forum;

thanks for the good times =)

by the time I finished these lines, I already ahd recieved soo much support from some of you that well its actually making everything easier for me, seriously all the people who know think this is wreckless and stupid and i can swear on my name they know just exactly the info i am posting here.

-Diego.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh i'm sorry to hear that dude

I know we've had disagreements in the past and everything

But i do appreciate all the work you have done and everything

The site wouldn't be where it is today without you

Stay safe and good luck....in well whatever you do :]

This is such bull crap. What business does Hayley have kicking people out of a site she does no work on anyway? Sure, she is still cool. But this is a major mess up on her part.

This is a bunch of crap. I am done with this. This is just unbelieveable. VIDEOS GET LEAKED ALL THE TIME, IT HAPPENS. Big stinkin' whoop. It is not the end of the world. People need to lick their wounds and move on.

If I say anymore I might say things that I will regret. I am done with this.

I will miss you being on here Diego. Thank you for all of the work that you have put into this site. It is one of the best sites I have ever been on. I appreciate all the work you did. You did a great job. We will miss you.

woahhh i ahd sent you my videos right?

hah you're niiiice.

and i think it'ss a little harsh that hayley would actually say she wants one of her goooood fans kicked off of a forum? idk but i think so. it doesn't really sound like hayley to me. but... i still love her<3

you'll be missed<3(:

This is such bull crap. What business does Hayley have kicking people out of a site she does no work on anyway? Sure, she is still cool. But this is a major mess up on her part.

This is a bunch of crap. I am done with this.

i'm raging.

OH MY GOD NO! I'm so leaving. I'm not kidding.

That's right. I am outie. You don't do this.

It's just retarded. People who ARE cool on here, don't worry I WILL still talk to all of you. But as for this forum. I am done.

Oh i'm sorry to hear that dude

I know we've had disagreements in the past and everything

But i do appreciate all the work you have done and everything

The site wouldn't be where it is today without you

Stay safe and good luck....in well whatever you do :]

<3

thanks guys.

In my opinion Hayley and the band should have looked at Brightcove and The person who ripped it on youtube.

i do believe Deigo that you were the easiest target, and it's un fair.

The band is soo nice and why would hayley ask for you ot be kicked off is beyond me. Maybe she should get her head checked. She's so nice and for her to do this is so not like her. I hope one day she realizes what she did was wrong.

Keep in touch Deigo.

You put soo much effort into this site. and you dont deserve to be kicked off!

best of luck!

This is getting a WAY misinterpreted (which is probably my fault, but I don't know how much I can say about everything and the conversations I had with several people). I had to sit down and apologize to Hayley after the show on Tuesday for the video leak because it was our sites (diegos) fault. I talked to her for a long time and Hayley, Dave (their manager) and I decided it would be best for Diego to not be affiliated with the site anymore since it basically ruined our reputation with their people. And this was a big deal, bigger than you probably know. And I didn't want to have to say this either, but I feel like I need to defend my decision too... this wasn't the first time that Diego has done something shady, and I won't go into details cause I think that'd be really unfair... but I can't just overlook things like this.

HAYLEY DID NOT SAY "Ashley, kick him off the site". It was my choice... she didn't force me to do anything.

So please don't hold anything against her.

If you need someone to be pissed at, please have it be me. I'm guessing you've all talked to Diego on AIM and stuff so you've definitely heard his side. So please don't judge me or hate the site because of this, because I don't think any of you know all of the details of everything since day one.

Diego, you've done so much and you know how I feel about all of this. I'm just so sorry but I don't know what else to do.

In my opinion Hayley and the band should have looked at Brightcove and The person who ripped it on youtube.

i do believe Deigo that you were the easiest target, and it's un fair.

The band is soo nice and why would hayley ask for you ot be kicked off is beyond me. Maybe she should get her head checked. She's so nice and for her to do this is so not like her. I hope one day she realizes what she did was wrong.

Keep in touch Deigo.

You put soo much effort into this site. and you dont deserve to be kicked off!

best of luck!

hey KT!

um dude well i do want to make leave soemthing clear, I really dont want to like take put all of the blame, because indeed i did soemthing that was not start. and posting it here was worse. It was ripped by another person in the LJ too but i its all good. thats how things turned out = /

Yep i do think they should also kick brightcoves ass haha

It is just a video, not the end of the world. It happens all the time! Then people do a little thing called, "moving on" where they do not worry so much if their video gets leaked because IT IS A PART OF BEING A BAND. It is going to happen. They cannot kick a person out of their duties the minute a video of their's gets leaked.

:-x

This is getting a little misinterpreted. I had to sit down and apologize to Hayley for the video leak because it was our sites (diegos) fault. I talked to her for a long time and Hayley, Dave (their manager) and I decided it would be best for Diego to not be affiliated with the site anymore since it basically ruined our reputation with their people. And this was a big deal, bigger than you probably know.

HAYLEY DID NOT SAY "Ashley, kick him off the site". It was my choice... she didn't force me to do anything. So please don't hold anything against her.

i never quoted hayley,I have no idea what exactly or how she said it.

I just posted that because thats what you told me yesterday.

and you never mentioned me the manager thing either.

and also just so we`re clear i dont want people to be mad at her. I hold no grudge againt anyone. I am just dissapointed.

Well, if Hayley did not say anything about it then I am not angry with her. But still. People make mistakes. EVEN staff members. Like everyone could be perfect with their duties. He has done enough work to show he deserves his position.

He only showed what pretty much everyone wanted to see.

Byebye Diego! I dont really know you but its a shame a hardworking persong like you should be kicked off the team for that bit of nonsense

But anyway, I think everyone deserves a second chance.

well... it's good to hear that it wasn't hayley who said you should be kicked out.

but again, i don't think it's right for her to agree with you getting kicked out. if she only knew everything you've done for this website.

i think if this all happened to me i'd be crying lol

but i still have all my love/respect for her. i know it's not right for her to agree, but than again, we can't expect her to do everything right, 'cause she's human and makes mistakes... just like this all happened, a huge mistake.

diego you'll be missed greatly(: