Goodbye PF.com

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a fansite owner myself, i understand these issues: whether it's an invasion of privacy to post pictures of band members with their friends, whether it's a violation of copyright to use professional live photos in the gallery, and whether it's ok to rip new songs that are posted on their myspace. in that case, i always do rip it, becuase people can hear it anyways, and bands these days know that anything they post will be ripped. emphasis on that last point because although what Diego did was clearly wrong, it was very stupid of FBR/Brightcove to put that video where anyone could stumble accross it. Diego was the one who did, but anyone could have. I understand why you felt this had to be done, but i do think it's lame to kick off one of your staff to save your own reputation.

also, i really don't understand why it is on the vh1 site now if mtv was supposed to be premiering it. there is so much confusion around this video that has nothing to do with Diego or pf.com at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh god damn. I havnt been in the everything thread for ages and this is whack.

Sounds like a real mess, But shit happens and we get shafted hard for it. either way im gonna miss Diego, cause i can always rely on him to put up new media and photos on time and enjoying listening or staring at them for hours hahaha.

Dude ill AIm you sometime, talk to u about this shit, never had the chance to.

Boy oh boy i gotta keep up with this stuff ive fallen so far behind im wrecked.

Take care Diego. All the best

Peace out

Ren

Man, I feel really bad for Diego. I can't imagine the feeling of disappointing the band which you spent so much time rooting for, supporting and effort in pushing them online.

With that said though, one responsibility you have as an admin is to prevent a leak from spreading.

I've been a moderator at an Incubus fansite for about 5 years now. 2 years ago, one of the band's songs off the Stealth soundtrack leaked. I got on the board and saw pages and pages of a thread with people talking about where to download the song and sharing yousendit links and such. I actually deleted every single post talking about where to get the track then made posts telling people to not post about sharing copyrighted material because the site could get screwed. I got alot of shit for it because people didn't see what the big deal was in sharing one simple track. I didn't care if people shared it with each other on AIM, just don't POST on the board about how to get it.

The band's manager actually appreciated my efforts so much that he offered to call me and have me listen to all three Incubus tracks on the soundtrack at least 2 months before they were to be released. So I pm'd the manager my cell phone number and heard all three tracks. So all the crap I got from a couple of fans for trying to appease the band and management was very well worth it.

However, what shocks me about all this is the fact that it was a music video. When I started reading through the thread, I thought it was about RIOT leaking. Getting so bent out of shape over a music video is hard to believe, but I can totally understand it from the band and their management's perspective if they already had a structured marketing plan set up for the video that got squashed because of a leak.

• 5 months later...

sorry to hear dude, you will be missed, thats the way it usually goes , you work hard at something, and it gets shit on... feel for u man, been there before... you would have thought they would be greatfull for the promotion!!

why do people argue on here... its not like u will ever meet each other...

sorry to hear dude, you will be missed, thats the way it usually goes , you work hard at something, and it gets shit on... feel for u man, been there before... you would have thought they would be greatfull for the promotion!!

why do people argue on here... its not like u will ever meet each other...

THIS IS A VERY OLD THREAD. THIS SUBJECT IS DEAD.

Is this thread going to be locked?