Paramore in Q magazine

WayneFarro

Paramore in August's Q Magazine. There is a review of RIOT! on page 96 which got 3 stars, also a picture of Paramore on that page. I didn't buy so i just quickly read it but i remember it saying that 'they could of been created by scientists trying to cash in on the emo boom' and at the end it said 'this album could help them join my chemical romance at the top of the emo table'.

also Paramore are on page 11, there is the Q50 which is 50 tracks they recommend you download each month, they recommend For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic. I know exactly what they put on that page cos i wrote it down in my phone lol, they put

'stroppy teen Hayley Williams is a Avril Lavigne for the black eyeliner set. her band seem set to be emo's next big things thanks to fizzing anthems such as this'

HER band?, what? and how exactly is she a stroppy teen?

HER band?, what? and how exactly is she a stroppy teen?

The "her band" bit is there cause she's the singer or "front-woman". Hayley is the focal point of the band so people are always going to call it "her" band.

Guest JadeIsRad
The "her band" bit is there cause she's the singer or "front-woman". Hayley is the focal point of the band so people are always going to call it "her" band.

Yeah that is SO true but it still annoys me...can't they see that there are 4 members of Paramore not just one?!

If you're going to write a quick review about Paramore without really listening to the music, the easiest things to do are say "emo" and "Avril" and leave it at that. I expect more of this in the future unfortunately...

Well its pretty much what I expected Q Magazine to say, they tend to REALLY like about seven current bands and then rubbish most other music that they have to review.

Who knows if they even listen to the album, probably just read the song names and then decide whether they like it or not.........