Hallelujah to be 2nd Single in UK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well tbh guys a while ago they said the reason for putting Hallelujah on riot! rather that awkif is they wanted everyone to hear it

and like, if thats the case then i dont blame them for making a second single out of it

plus its only a UK single

my chemical romance did the same thing with I Don't Love You

the next major single will probably be thats what you get..

I think it's a good single choice I mean you've gotta go back to when you first heard it and what you thought about then 'cos that's what a lot of people will be doing if they're hearing it for the first time on radio or a music channel.

Guys, Hallelujah is the second single for the US.

When I bought RIOT! from FYE and ripped the songs from the CD, this is what it said:

01. For A Pessimist, I’m Pretty Optimistic

02. That’s What You Get

03. Hallelujah - Second single

04. Misery Business - First single

05. When It Rains

06. Let The Flames Begin

07. Miracle

08. crushcrushcrush

09. We Are Broken

10. Fences

11. Born For This

12. Here We Go Again (F.Y.E. Exclusive)

I think that makes it pretty obvious. :roll::mrgreen:

I would've preferred 'That's What You Get' as a single, but hey, that's just me.

Unless it's like, a live video.

I'd quite like a live video. I rather like live music vids, despite what everyone else I know says.

I honestly have no idea how they'd make Hallelujah into a video, so i'd be really surprised when it comes out. But I if it is the second, parts of me will be happy others sad.

Happy - Its an awesome song

Sad - because I wanted a new song from the album. And if people really like the song, they jump straight to the conclusion that their a Christian Rock band, which they aren't.

I agree with Meg unless its a live vid where have they got the time to shoot a video?

It only takes a day or two to shoot a video...I'm sure they'll work one in at some point...although if the second single for the UK differs from the 2nd single for the US, I don't know that they'll do two videos.

I wouldn't take this article as the absolute truth either...this is the only place I've seen this information to date and it could always be wrong.

And yeah, I've seen the CD tracklisting thing before too...but I don't know that that's actually encoded on the CD...it's probably just how someone entered the tracks into the database that whatever program you're using is pulling from...for example, iTunes didn't say that with the FYE version of the CD...I wouldn't take that as the absolute truth either.

Who knows? :)

hmmm, if there were a video to Hallelujah, I can see it being like this since they've said that Hallelujah is just about anyone going through a really really hard time and just using hope as a way to help them pull through.

"Somehow everything's gonna fall right into place

If we only had a way to make it all fall faster everyday

If only time flew like a dove

Well God, make it fly faster than I'm falling in love,"

Maybe for these first few lines it'll show two people, I can see a split screen going, they're in love but going through a hard time. Doesn't matter what happened, something did and it's started some tension going. They don't wanna deal with it so they want time to go move faster etc.

"This time we're not giving up

Let's make it last forever

Screaming "hallelujah"

We'll make it last forever"

One of them decides that this is something they can't lose, so they go ahead and try and fix it, despite the other being reluctant and unsure.

"Holding onto patience wearing thin

I can't force these eyes to see the end

If only time flew like a dove

We could watch it fly and just keep looking up"

So obviously the first attempt didn't work, and now there are sepia tone flashbacks passing before his eyes (eyes closed) and he (i've decided it's the guy trying to fix it lol) knows he can't give up. And just as he opens his eyes to look up, he sees a dove flying past him. The girl is basically sitting on her porch and sees the dove fly past as well (dunno how, but she does. It's music video making magic!)

That's all I can think of right now. Anyone else got ideas as to how a video for Hallelujah would look? lol

^ Hahaha. Whoa!!

I could see that working though. =)

I like Hallelujah and all, but when its sung live, Hayley's voice sounds a little bit whiney. But thats just me. Haha.

How many bands release different singles in different countries? I've never heard of that.

Oh well...I still have my fingers crossed for Crushcrushcrush.

When my sister put the RIOT! c.d. on her laptop next to misery business it said first single and next to Hallelujah it said second single. Did that hapen to everyone? because it didn't when I put it onto Itunes...

Anyways... I have never heard about the whole different singles in different countries before either. I mean nowadays countries are so connected through the web, it's almost like what's the point because there will pretty much just be two singles since the video and everything will be on the internet in two milliseconds...

I, for one, am super happy Hallelujah is the next single.. it's my favorite Paramore song ever and I can't wait for a video. However, I'm gonna have to agree with this:

i love hallelujah, but its not the sorta song i want everyone and their grandmother to be singing haha....its a very special song.

It's special.. and I hope it doesn't get overplayed. I don't want a song this amazing getting run into the ground.

But whatever, still can't wait for a video. I'm sure it'll be ossum.