Killswitch Engage

KSEkid

yeah adam is so funny, i love his advice column in rocksound, he just takes the piss out of kids so badly hahaha.

they're really awesome though, they were probably one of the first metal bands i started listening to wayyy back when i was about 13 haha!

i loveee my last serenade, rose of sharyn, end of heartache, fixation on the darkness anddd my curse!

Yeah I saw them at Warped Tour. I was waiting for RJA and I didn't want to lose my spot so I was like front row center. It was pretty sweet. Adam D was wearing these cutt off jean shorts with these boxers underneath that were longer than the shorts and they were blue with little finosaurs on them. I loled a little.

Yeah I saw them at Warped Tour. I was waiting for RJA and I didn't want to lose my spot so I was like front row center. It was pretty sweet. Adam D was wearing these cutt off jean shorts with these boxers underneath that were longer than the shorts and they were blue with little finosaurs on them. I loled a little.

those were the shorts we was wearing at brixton, and yeahh he had the cape aswell.

at one point he was talking to the guys at the back of the pit that were just standing there saying shit like "i screwed all of your mums and took a dump on their chests!"

It was so funny and Howard Jones almost pissed himself.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bumpage, because this band is amazing and more of you guys need to hear it if you like metalcore.

I goddamn love Alive and Just Breathing and End of Heartache. Both were mixed and mastered by Andy Sneap and it shows, amazing sonically.

Some of the coolest riffs I've heard this decade are KSE riffs, as well as having probably the best guitar tone with EMG pickups that I've ever heard.

Bumpage, because this band is amazing and more of you guys need to hear it if you like metalcore.

I goddamn love Alive and Just Breathing and End of Heartache. Both were mixed and mastered by Andy Sneap and it shows, amazing sonically.

Some of the coolest riffs I've heard this decade are KSE riffs, as well as having probably the best guitar tone with EMG pickups that I've ever heard.

Alive Or Just Breathing is AMAZING. One of the best metalcore albums (along with Ascendancy and Waking The Fallen, seeing as I dont consider Underoath metalcore)

You know Adam D co produced Define The Great Line and Lost In The Sound Of Separation??

And their pinch harmonics make me jizz.

^YES, the pinch harmonics.

I'm not really an EMG fan (don't like the compression, but that improves with the 18 volt mod, less compressed), but damn the EMG 85s add a nice sound to the pinches and of course the tone overall.

Know if they use the 18 volt mod or not for their EMGs?

I have no idea. But I do know that I played an EC-1000 with EMGs and they were not responsive enough for me- a bit bland. But fuck me, the bass response was huge!!

But for AOJB, Adam used a strat with a Dimarzio blade in the bridge I believe.

I have no idea. But I do know that I played an EC-1000 with EMGs and they were not responsive enough for me- a bit bland. But fuck me, the bass response was huge!!

But for AOJB, Adam used a strat with a Dimarzio blade in the bridge I believe.

Interesting, a lot of sources I've read say Strat with Seymour Duncan Hotrails in the bridge and in fact, only used live for the most part.

I found some pretty reliable info from a close friend of Joel's about AOJB.

Joel used a Ibanez Universe with Breed bridge, two highest strings being high E strings. Adam just played some overdubs, did drums and engineered, so I assume the other main rhythm guitar you hear is Pete Cortese.

Through a Triple Rectfier. This part I'm not certain about, but I assume double tracked.

End of Heartache was Framus Dragon and Peavey 5150, quad tracked. Which amps were panned to what settings, I have no idea, but it is 100 per cent certain that it's quad tracked.

Guitars, I'm not sure about though, I'd say most likely Caparison (in Adam's case, a discontinued PLM-3 model with EMG 85 bridge, with EMG SA single coils for middle and neck). However, it is confirmed that is EMG on every from EOH onwards, so the Carparison is a good guess.

As Daylight Dies was double tracked, Triple Recto and Soldano SLO-100 were the main amps for heavy rhythms.

There was a rumor going around one song had ENGL Powerball on it, but that myth has been dispelled, so don't believe that if you see it.

This part, not certain about, but 5150 for overdubs I believe.

Cleans, I've read Fender Twin, which makes sense since neither a Triple Recto nor an SLO have those kinda nice, chimey cleans.

All engineered by Adam of course, so he is to thank for dialing in massive, awesome tones.