Brand New vs. Taking Back Sunday

Ashhh

Who will put out the better album?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will put out the better album?

There was a discussion at ap.net about this... so I'm basically gonna post it here lol cause it's a cool topic.

Both albums are so highly anticipated, who do you think will put out a better record?

Brand New.

IMO, the most talented parts of TBS are in another band now...not that I don't still like TBS, but I think they lost something when John and Shaun left the band...

Of course, we gained Straylight Run who I like more than either Brand New or TBS :)

With both bands, I like their first albums best, even though, in most cases, their 2nd albums got more critical acclaim...

But I'll stick with Brand New...I'm looking forward to that album more as well...

john noaln and his stupid sister can't sing.

:lol::lol::lol:

what a mature post.

Anyway, I'm going with Brand New although I'm really excited for both. Brand New is just... like their music is so much more complex and I prefer Jesse's lyrics. From what I've heard from their demos, they're growing so much... whereas the new TBS songs I've heard have impressed me too, but they're not really anything too different from songs they've written in the past.

I'm excited for Taking Back Sunday because I'm a sucker for catchy and clever songs, and that's what they are. But I'm even more excited for Brand New because it's going to be... (hopefully) just as good as Deja Entendu but in a new, different way.

See - even though I know Deja Entendu was a better album than Your Favorite Weapon, I still like Your Favorite Weapon better...I was completely hooked on that album for a couple of months, whereas I never got into Deja Entendu quite as much...

And yeah - TBS can write catchy songs...there's no doubt about that. And I'm sure the new album will deliver more of the same...

And I'm not even going to get into a debate about Straylight Run here :)

I love boths band like none other.

With TBS I've actually heard a few songs off the new album and it's really good.

Brand New however i haven't heard anything from them except the demos, which to my knowledge won't be on the new album.

It's too hard for me to pick one now. I'd have to wait to both albums are out to make a decision.

Brand New, hands down.

TBS are good, like. Good catchy songs and all but they're a bit cliched.

Brand New though, take so much from The Smiths and Morrissey (at least Jesse does anyway). Their songs are just clever.

Isn't that Adam lazarra's sister?

The one who brand New's "Seventy Times Seven" and TBS's "Theres No 'I' Team" were written about.

Brand New' date=' hands down.

TBS are good, like. Good catchy songs and all but they're a bit cliched.

Brand New though, take so much from The Smiths and Morrissey (at least Jesse does anyway). Their songs are just clever.

Isn't that Adam lazarra's sister?

The one who brand New's "Seventy Times Seven" and TBS's "Theres No 'I' Team" were written about.

There's all kinds of rumors about who slept with who and why John Nolan left TBS...some say Michelle Nolan was dating Adam and he cheated on her...

Anyway, they're all great bands.

There's all kinds of rumors about who slept with who and why John Nolan left TBS...some say Michelle Nolan was dating Adam and he cheated on her...

Anyway' date=' they're all great bands.[/quote']

Well, the "official" story seems to be Jesse Lacey + girlfriend in highschool. She cheats on him with Adam. Adam leaves The Rookie Lot (early day Brand New). Jesse gets stuck in to Adam's sister. She goes off with Straylight Run.

Anyway' date=' they're all great bands.[/quote']

Well, the "official" story seems to be Jesse Lacey + girlfriend in highschool. She cheats on him with Adam. Adam leaves The Rookie Lot (early day Brand New). Jesse gets stuck in to Adam's sister. She goes off with Straylight Run.

I'm completely confused...Michelle Nolan is John's sister, not Adam's...am I reading the above wrong?

Actually, I'm not sure I really care that much about all the TBS/Straylight Run drama....there seem to be a million different stories...

I'd say you're most likely right.

Maybe Jesse just went off with Adam's sister whos a completely different chick.

Or mayber names also Michelle.

Ormaybe John and Michelle are actually married and are pulling a White Stripes.

Or they're just genuinely married and we're all mistaken.

The plot thickens.

My head hurts.

Deja Entendu came out in June 2003 and Where You Want To Be came out in July of 2004. I'm more eager for Brand New's new album because we haven't heard much from them in so long. I'm sure that TBS' new album will be great. I love Where You Want To Be (and Straylight Run for that matter), but in my eyes, TBS will never be as great as it was back when John frickin' Nolan was still in the band.

• 3 years later...

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP :shifty:

Both bands are putting out album number 4 soon so I figured this was warranted. I'm more excited for Brand New, as you probably guessed.

I think which each album Brand New have changed for the better, mixing their sound up and throwing us a curveball with every release. Taking Back Sunday have spiralled downwards, most likely due to the pressure put on them by their label. Louder Now was pretty damn awful in comparision to their other two (mostly TAYF) but the demo's for it were much better. I think we'll see more of the same from them both. Brand New throwing us another curveball and TBS continuing their spiral.

Discuss. Hopefully.

Oh, and keep talks of their "fued" to a minimum, the folk in this thread before got it wrong but it was around 10 years ago so it's not worth discussing.

ALSO: Don't vote TBS cause "OMG ADAM IZ SOOOOOO HAWT". that's bullshit. Vote only if you listen to both bands and actually have an opinion that's not formed with your eyes.

I listen to both bands, but I listen to TBS more. In my opinion, though, TBS has kinda gone downhill. I definitely liked them more when John was in the band. I have all of Brand New's ablums, but I dont listen to them nearly as much as I should.

I'm guessing the Brand New's album is going to be better simply because they seem more consistent with putting out good albums as oppose to TBS who seem kind of hit and miss.