Drugs.

the1

Ian, i am pretty curious like. It's one thing going "I won't drink again" but going total Straight Edge is another matter- what about when you turn 18 ? 21 ? Never going to have a casual beer ? Ever ?

Seriously reckon you can you do that- especially after admitting you've already drunk ? I don't mean drink to get drunk i just mean, never ever touch any alcohol or anything with high caffeine content (goodbye, Red Bull) or ever try (or have) a cigarette or anything, ever.

(no pressurising here, just general curiosity)

nope and nope. and as far as i know caffeine is allowed. seein how i read an interveiw with a straight edge punk band, and they said their only addiction was coffee and music. from what i understand its unneccecary drugs and alcohol. to be extreme, you must also give up sex and caffeine. lol too much

No no, i'm on about them too- i smoke ciggarettes (and the occasional joint) to calm my nerves, stop me getting worked up and smacking somebody in the face every 5 seconds. Is this not me using them in the correct way ?

i guess the ciggarettes are okay with that sense. i mean, they dont bother me as much, barely at all even. i'm just never going to smoke them.

but pot and all that stuff, idc how its used, i dont like the illegal drgs. i think theres other ways to calm nerves. thats just my opinion though, and i fully respect you and everyone's opinions, but like i said, thats my stand on the matter.

i guess the ciggarettes are okay with that sense. i mean, they dont bother me as much, barely at all even. i'm just never going to smoke them.

but pot and all that stuff, idc how its used, i dont like the illegal drgs. i think theres other ways to calm nerves. thats just my opinion though, and i fully respect you and everyone's opinions, but like i said, thats my stand on the matter.

Fair enough man, as i've said many a time before, i respect opinions.

So, onwards with the interrogation ;-)

What's your stand on legal drugs that have the same effect as certain illegal ones ?

For example, Salvia is a herb pretty close to Sage, that if you smoke can have the same (and perhaps even stronger) effect as weed. This is sold willy nilly (:willy_nilly: !) to anyone and everyone who asks for it, yet it is not illegal- this, no doubt, is due to the lack of publicity; no death of a teenager has been blamed on smoking too much Salvia ey.

So ?

Do you do them??

Nope

If not, would you??

Nah i'm 27 so I am at that magical age where people easily die of drugs....look at Richie Edwards from the manic or Hendrix.....I don't wanna tempt faith :hyper:

Have you??

Yup loads but I prefered Alcohol.

If so, any crazy experiences.

I fell off a wall once and landed on a police car, I pissed on the side of a police car and once I chased a green man that jumped off the traffic lights down the road. Rest of the time I just kept falling asleep.

What are your views on people that do??

Im okay as long as they stay away from me.....I know from experience what people who do heavy drugs can be like :roll:

How do you feel about the relationship betweens drugs and music??

Meah tends to make crap music just look at Pink Floyd

I do agree that there is alot of pressure to do alcohol to be cool

Me and my mate went to a bar with friends and stayed sober just to see if we could. It was kinda borin but I'm glad we did it cos it was a nice experience to share.

So I have kinda seen it from both sides of the cool. I like alcohol because i know how to use it without abusing it

Those who abuse it are usually the ones who have been over-protected from it and are ignorant of the effects

Fair enough man, as i've said many a time before, i respect opinions.

So, onwards with the interrogation ;-)

What's your stand on legal drgs that have the same effect as certain illegal ones ?

For example, Salvia is a herb pretty close to Sage, that if you smoke can have the same (and perhaps even stronger) effect as weed. This is sold willy nilly (:willy_nilly: !) to anyone and everyone who asks for it, yet it is not illegal- this, no doubt, is due to the lack of publicity; no of a teenager has been blamed on smoking too much Salvia ey.

So ?

i dont like them either. they give you about the same effect as illegal drgs.

ok. let me try to rephrase this a little better. any kind of drg that can do harm to your body is what i'm against. ciggarattes i guess i can deal with, idk why tbh with you, probably b/c i see them all the time. i'm never going to smoke them, but them at least i wont bitch at you for. lol.

i dont understand the point of doing drgs though, i mean, okay, you say they may calm you down or something [you being a general reference, not specifically you jorgi] but their harming your body. they mess up your brain, kidneys, liver, lungs, etc. every time you smoke some of that your just taking away some of your life. you can get cancer or other diseases from them too. i dont see the point of doing that to yourself.

my stand on alcohol is that its okay in moderation.

if you abuse it, i dont like it. hate it actually.

when abused, it has the same stand as drgs.

i cant tell you that, if legel, if drgs would be more of a menace to society. i know more people would be using them in the open, but i highly doubt the amount of users will raise. maybe the percents will raise by like...0.5%, but nothing much.

my personal view, i really think people who do

drugs are stupid but more importantly selfish.

they just cant seem to see how its affecting other

people around them, like their friends and families.

they dont care if it tears apart their family, just as long

as they get that "high" sensation.

which is why i now HATE my brother.

actually, now that i think about it. i dont even

see him in that way anymore. he's now just some guy that

just comes home to sleep and take a shower.

Very true. If grown ups were known for smoking weed I guess it would be more accpetable

Ahhh but the grownups of today are the teenagers of yesterday so they would've tried all the drugs back then and just hate drugs because they have somehow formed a jaded view on their past experiences.

I see that you have bad experinece, but not everyone who does drugs is a junkie tear-away that hates their families.

It's important not to generalise based on personal experiences

i know. when i say "selfish and stupid"

im really talking about my brother,

not anyone and everyone who uses drugs.

i could really care less if a person who i dont know uses

them. its their life, they can do whatever they want with their body.

but when its someone who i used to be close with. then it's a totally different

story

[and my brother doesnt hate my family. he just

doesnt care for them.]

• Like 1

so i have tons of stuff to quote/reply to, so bear with me people haha

There was a massive debate about this in the Rant thread once upon a time.

Good times.

oh yes, fun fun.

*sighs* another one of my threads.

well you make it that way

Nah, it was you being narrow-minded and everyone else being civilised for a while.

burnnnn

Give me one person on this forum who isn't aware of this and i'll be amazed.

burnnn x2

i hear ya girl. i feel exactly the same way, especially with the last part.

It's important not to generalise based on personal experiences

are you friggin serious? how do you NOT base opinions on experiences?! that just doesnt make any sense to me at all. it's by my PERSONAL EXPERIENCES that i've learned right from wrong, it's by my PERSONAL EXPERIENCES that i've learned the harm drugs do to the people that use them and to their loved ones. so i honestly dont get how you just said that. i truly am baffled.

[and my brother doesnt hate my family. he just

doesnt care for them.]

well isnt that worse? i mean, with hate, theres at least some emotion even though its negative. not having any emotion is the worst in my opinion.

so to the little questionnaire james had:

Do you do them?? nope

If not, would you?? i can't say never because i cant predict the future, but i really hope that i dont

What are your views on people that do?? do people become morally wrong if they do drugs? not in my eyes. do i think of them differently? i guess to some extent for obvious philosophical reasons. but i've learned the hard way that its their life and i cant do shit to change what they want out of their life.

How do you feel about the relationship betweens drugs and music?? i think in the music scene especially the pressure to do drugs/alcohol is higher than in normal cirucumstances. does it make music better? i have no clue since i've never done them.

and on another matter, a close friend of mine who said she'd never drink or smoke got completely trashed this weekend at her junior prom. i dont know how i necessarily feel about that, she's really the only close girl-friend of mine that never drank and now i feel alone in that aspect. i'm not disappointed in her, but i guess i never expected it from her. i'm feeling quite ambivalent actually.

wow real ass long post hehe

i personally dont do drugs and would try to NEVER do them because they just destroy your health and your mind. and plus when you are on them they make you act like a totally different person. i have thought about smoking cigarettes but i have decided not to because i dont want to destry my lungs like alot of people i know have.

i'm straight edge. no drugs & no alcohol.

and i hate the fact the amazing artists are wrapped up in drugs. geniuses are usally are a little crazy. w/e as long as they dont die or make kids think its "cool"

my friends drink and whatnot. my BEST friend does and she knows i just dont do it but she doesnt pressure me and thats why i love her. :]

i love you.

that's exactly how i feel.

i'm sorry about your brother :\