MTV VMA 2008

I know what you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure Hayley always does that... she wasn't grabbing her crotch like everybody thinks she was. She just rests her hand on her leg. It just happens to rest in that area. I think that's a huge Hayley-ism that nobody picked up on until last night... then they all freaked out.

A few pictures to support my case:

2641hs7.jpg1255en0.jpg

italy30jd1.jpgldb24bc8e00e02738963fb7kf4.jpg

... She always does that.

Ooohhh

This years VMAs really did disappoint me. Not only because Paramore lost but because it was just booring. :nono:

I agree, the only good thing about this years show was Paramore.

The MTV site blocks non-US IP addresses from viewing videos. Well, UK IP addresses are blocked anyway, tried a few proxies to no avail so fuck it.

I can't view the videos either.

Well, there wasn't only Paramore for me at the VMAS. :)

The red carpet was awesome, Tokio Hotel coming with a Monster Truck and T-Pain coming with an elephant and led by all a circus ! =P Amazing shit ! :mrgreen:

I also loved the Jonas Brothers performance. ;-)

Too bad Slipknot didn't performed though. :nono:

wow! so paramore's performance was AMAZING!!!

it totally makes up for the fact that they did not win the award.

that whole optical illusion thing totally got me! im happy to know that they were at the actual vma's and not 4 miles away.lol

and i take it back...hayley's hair looked a lot better on tv then it did on youtube.

gah i hated russel brand and the whole VMAs this year. it was horrible

. the only good part of the VMAs was paramore and twilight cast opening it for them.

and hayleys hair... I LOVED IT!

haha. i have huge hair like that (wich i try to keep not so big).. so i found it awesome.

was i the only one confused on how they did the trasition thing?

seriosuly. i dont get it.

i thought the vma's sucked overall, but paramore was awesome. i loved how they all looked; i like when they get all dressed up for events :). but... uh... russel brand. total douchebag right off the bat. are they even allowed to campaign for candidates like that (and even if i were an obama supporter i would have been embarrassed)??? and i really can't stand the jonas brothers, but he was making unfair cracks at them all night. so he kinda ruined it for me.

gah i hated russel brand and the whole VMAs this year. it was horrible

. the only good part of the VMAs was paramore and twilight cast opening it for them.

and hayleys hair... I LOVED IT!

haha. i have huge hair like that (wich i try to keep not so big).. so i found it awesome.

was i the only one confused on how they did the trasition thing?

seriosuly. i dont get it.

yeah. people are saying he was the worst vma host ever..and i completely agree. a lot of his jokes werent even funny. they were just sooo veryy awkward. like you can even tell that the audience didnt know how to react at some of the ridiculous things he was saying.

yeah. i didnt get the transistion as well but i watched it again. and they had a backdrop behind them making it look like it was in a small club...but when josh did his solo...they lifted the backdrop and revealed that they were at the vma's all along.

i liked the vmas...obviously paramore was the best, minus hayleys hair...but joshs solo was freakin amazing...pinks performance was the shit...as well as rihannas and the jonas brothers!..all in all i give it an 8 out of ten

OMG Pink's performance was amazing!!! I'm addicted to that song!

she's awesome!

I thought hayley's hair was rather.. interesting.. but it was hayley, and she looked fabulous.

You can't take anything the host's /people on these shows say seriously, they're told what to say. As for his comments, maybe they were a little over doing it, but I mean, that's television.

American crowds really aren't as tolerant as us Brits. You get away with a lot more here joke wise than in America. He was pretty tame by his regular standards really.

I think that's part of the reason why a lot of the American audience didn't enjoy him. I thought he was hilarious.

Paramore, Pink and Russell are the only things I enjoyed really at the VMA's. Otherwise they sucked, as they have for the past 7 years.

"Now come on, phone in and donate, and don't give me that 'Oh what difference can one person make' nonsense, Hitler was one person and look what he done!"

That's your average Russell Brand statement really, he said that live on national tv during a fund raising program for a large charity here. Went down surprisingly well actually.

yeah. people are saying he was the worst vma host ever..and i completely agree. a lot of his jokes werent even funny. they were just sooo veryy awkward. like you can even tell that the audience didnt know how to react at some of the ridiculous things he was saying.

.[/QUOTe]

cuz he was.

first his whole "vote obama" thing. im like he doesnt even live in america so shut up please!

and as much as i hate the jobros. his jokes about them were just stupid.

if paramore wasnt on the show. it would have been terrible.

even the place it took place it looked crappy.

cuz he was.

first his whole "vote obama" thing. im like he doesnt even live in america so shut up please!

and as much as i hate the jobros. his jokes about them were just stupid.

if paramore wasnt on the show. it would have been terrible.

even the place it took place it looked crappy.

I'm sorry but the fact he doesn't live in the US does not make his point any less valid. Regardless of who it is, it's a fairly ignorant comment to make that through the circumstance of birth, a person was born outwith a countries borders is unable to comment on the goings on within that country.

I'm sorry but the fact he doesn't live in the US does not make his point any less valid. Regardless of who it is, it's a fairly ignorant comment to make that through the circumstance of birth, a person was born outwith a countries borders is unable to comment on the goings on within that country.

nah. pretty much any one who get political like that at a an award show will bug me. but he doesnt live here so i dont see wat the point in that was. then to bash Paulin/the whole republican party was unessecary too.

nah. pretty much any one who get political like that at a an award show will bug me. but he doesnt live here so i dont see wat the point in that was. then to bash Paulin/the whole republican party was unessecary too.

I agree that politics should be kept to minimum at an entertainment award ceremony. But, in the UK, political satire is one of our most popular types of comedy at the moment and has been for some time. It's nothing new.

He might not live there, but when America sneezes the rest of the world catches the cold. The man who wins this upcoming election has the ability to influence every country in the world. Mistakes made in America have world wide repercussions. Particularly in the UK following the credit crunch, which has caused our economy which had been solid for the past 15-17 years to go into a severe slowdown.

And it would be no different if he was pro-Republican either, you would still get the same jokes but with more of a dig towards liberalism/democrats. You can correct me here, but since the Bush administration it seems to be "the cool thing" to hate on the Grand Old Party.

• Like 1