Debate Thread

the1

Is the age restriction in the USA (21) for alcohol a good thing ?

i don't live in the us so obviously i don't know for sure, but i don't think it really makes a difference

even here where it's 18 people still drink underage

dropping the age limit from 21 to 18 or whatever isn't going to stop a 16 year old who really wants booze

i wish it was 16 here too.

i have mixed feelings about this.

okay. me personally? i'd like it to be younger. but thats b/c i want to legally do it now hahaha.

i can see both sides.

they government feels that for some reason when your 21, you're suddenly old enough and mature enough to drink responsibly. fuck that. no you're not. not at that age. not at alot of ages actually ahhaha.

but they also apparently "did studies" that show how alcohol affects the body and its harsher on a younger body, thats why they made it 21? thats the only reason i can understand/like it. but thats bullshit too b/c who are they to decide how we treat our bodies? lol

but with that said. the limit is 5 years less in europe.

and i highly doubt european bodies are any differnet then american ones. except their probably thinner. =P

but they also used to have the limit be 18 years old, a while back. apparently there were more cases of...i dont even know what. "bad stuff?" that went on with the lower drinking limit.

whatever. i can't make these thoughts make a coherent paragraph so i'm done. hahaa

i don't live in the us so obviously i don't know for sure, but i don't think it really makes a difference

even here where it's 18 people still drink underage

dropping the age limit from 21 to 18 or whatever isn't going to stop a 16 year old who really wants booze

Well, in the USA they're very strict about it, so even if a under-age really wants to drink, the only way he could do that is by asking an older person, and not everyone knows someone older who'd buy them alcohol right ? And they also won't be allowed in bars.

Well, in the USA they're very strict about it, so even if a under-age really wants to drink, the only way he could do that is by asking an older person, and not everyone knows someone older who'd buy them alcohol right ? And they also won't be allowed in bars.

yeah, but they could still get booze if they really wanted it

that's the point

and tbh what good is a teenager in a bar?

i wish it was 16 here too.

i have mixed feelings about this.

okay. me personally? i'd like it to be younger. but thats b/c i want to legally do it now hahaha.

i can see both sides.

they government feels that for some reason when your 21, you're suddenly old enough and mature enough to drink responsibly. fuck that. no you're not. not at that age. not at alot of ages actually ahhaha.

but they also apparently "did studies" that show how alcohol affects the body and its harsher on a younger body, thats why they made it 21? thats the only reason i can understand/like it. but thats bullshit too b/c who are they to decide how we treat our bodies? lol

but with that said. the limit is 5 years less in europe.

and i highly doubt european bodies are any differnet then american ones. except their probably thinner. =P

but they also used to have the limit be 18 years old, a while back. apparently there were more cases of...i dont even know what. "bad stuff?" that went on with the lower drinking limit.

whatever. i can't make these thoughts make a coherent paragraph so i'm done. hahaa

Well, it is indeed something hard to control.

Some people drink and smoke only during parties, and they think it's ok, but before they know it, they're alcoholic and have problem stopping. :P

yeah, but they could still get booze if they really wanted it

that's the point

and tbh what good is a teenager in a bar?

What do you mean with that ? ^^

exactly.

and after saying all that.

i see why the government wants conrol.

but you can't control it.

if people want to drink, they will drink.

its available in any house basically.

if i want one right now all i have to do is go to the garage fridge, the wine cooler, or the back shelf.

now tell me, how will government control that?

exactly.

and after saying all that.

i see why the government wants conrol.

but you can't control it.

if people want to drink, they will drink.

its available in any house basically.

if i want one right now all i have to do is go to the garage fridge, the wine cooler, or the back shelf.

now tell me, how will government control that?

Of course they can't control that, but to a certain amount they can.

It helps a lot to disallow under age people to buy anything imo.

Because they won't drink excessively when they're alone at home, would they ?

yeah i didnt think about that hahahaa good point.

Haha.

And alcohol drinks don't really have a nicer taste then soft drinks, I personally prefer a good Ice Tea to an Eristof. :P You just drink alcohol to feel good and get in a crazy mood.

But of course, there's no point of doing that if you're not with a bunch of people hanging out in the streets or in a public bar.

i wish it was 18 not because i wanna go out there and drink it's because when you're 18 you're considered and adult and can do basically anything but drink. so why not?

i really honestly don't feel it's that big of a deal

unless you're some huge alcoholic

New debate :

Should James and Catie still pick three nominees every week and let people vote for who they want as MOTW ?

I don't think it should go that way, it's against the idea of the CATMES MOTW, and it makes it less attracting imo.

And besides, not many people vote.