Debate Thread

the1

• 1 month later...

here is the subject Little miss paegant

I personally think it is rediculously insane puting 4,5... years old girls into some wird outfits...putting them more make up then adoult person ussally wears, bleaching their hair and applying fals eylashes... There is much more into that i just dont want to make huge post.

My opinion is those parents should not be allowed to do that.

What r you opinions on this topic?

here is the subject Little miss paegant

I personally think it is rediculously insane puting 4,5... years old girls into some wird outfits...putting them more make up then adoult person ussally wears, bleaching their hair and applying fals eylashes... There is much more into that i just dont want to make huge post.

My opinion is those parents should not be allowed to do that.

What r you opinions on this topic?

It...depends.

In the first place... Why on Earth would a young girl need to wear a wig and tons of make-up that only make her look older (or maybe Barbie doll much?)?! Girls (young ones,I mean,come on,kids in general) are beautiful even without all that make-up and glitter and whatever on their faces and without all the ideas that can get in their heads because of this,meaning that when they grow older,this will have something to do with their personality (I'm beautiful and I can get anything what I want,so get out of my way - behaviour).

Sometimes,girls don't do this because they want to,and it's because parents simply want to demonstrate that their kid is smart and beautiful,at the same time,so they more or less force them to participate. And forcing somebody to do something can be harmful. + ideas like "the kid has to be thin,whatever,I don't know" will sure appear. And?... It can get quite hard on the kid.

On the other hand,some beauty pageants can be useful,if the kid DOES WANT TO BE A PART OF IT. Of course,the pageant could be mixed with dance lessons, piano lessons, and voice lessons,which would probably help the kid. If the kid is too shy,maybe it will help him be more confident. MAYBE.

I don't know,I'm not against them,but I'm not for them either.

It can get quite contradicting at some points -sorry for that- but,haha,I hope you get my point.

i'm with you on that one

i'm not really for or against it, depends on the kid/their parents/the particular pageant really

Maybe you all didnt understand me or i didnt expressed myself correctlly

i am talking about those beauty not tallent contest where little girls look like barbie dalls with wigs and full makeup :shifty:

i am totally pro tallent contest but that is not the same thing :)

• 4 months later...

This hasn't been used in a while so I think I might fire it back up again.

So recently I watched this documentary called The Cove, it was about illegal dolphin killings in Taiji. If you haven't heard of this simply google it or even try find the documentary, very eye opening.

Because I watched this I'm now curious as to peoples views on killing dolphins for meat and also on whaling.

And extensively what people think of keeping cetaceans in captivity, whether you think it's cruel or not.

This is the trailer for The Cove, gives you vague idea.

And i'll leave you with this picture taken of The Cove after the dolphins have been killed.

the_cove-800x480.jpg

i haven't watched it but i've definitely heard about it

i've always been an animal lover and i've definitely been fascinated by sea mammals for a long time

i think killing dolphins/whales is repulsive and i honestly can't understand why people like that don't see how disgusting it is

as for captivity, it depends really

from what i know most animals kept in aquariums now are rescued which i don't see a problem with

better a small tank than dead and eaten imo

I think most humans should be put in captivity.

Mammal animals are generally way more awesome and nicer than most people are.

And lol @ Kayla spelling pedo as "paedo".

I'm not saying that to be a dick, but that seriously makes me laugh every time I see you spell it like that haha.

i haven't watched it but i've definitely heard about it

i've always been an animal lover and i've definitely been fascinated by sea mammals for a long time

i think killing dolphins/whales is repulsive and i honestly can't understand why people like that don't see how disgusting it is

as for captivity, it depends really

from what i know most animals kept in aquariums now are rescued which i don't see a problem with

better a small tank than dead and eaten imo

Yeah I'm still pretty half and half when it comes to captivity, and when you see The Cove you realise the majority of dolphins put in captivity are from this bit in Taiji. The the dolphins that are left over just get brutally killed. So I do kinda prefer that aspect when it comes to dolphins in captivity.

I sometimes think if they have a sizable tank (its never gonna be as big as they need it) and they get treated well then it's not too much of a problem.

But other times I often think it isn't right for them to be there when you see how they are in the ocean.

This is one thing I can never make my mind up on.

And lol @ Kayla spelling pedo as "paedo".

I'm not saying that to be a dick, but that seriously makes me laugh every time I see you spell it like that haha.

That's the way you spell paedo though isn't it? Seeing as it's peadophile. Oh, my spellchecker doesn't like that. Maybe it's pedophile in the US or Australia or something, but it's paedophile here. Odd.