Debate Thread

the1

okay i'm not afraid to offend people b/c everyone here know's i don't intend to hurt anyone.

i was raised a catholic. but i hate the catholic church. they are too extreme. they pick and choose what they want to listen to (ie. gay marriage)

and i have a hard time believing in god, jesus, mary, the lot of them.

i'm more a believer of evolution and fate then i am of god.

i don't doubt there is a god, but i don't believe there is one either.

i have a real hard time believing that one being created everything. how did He come about then? hmm? and how does he make something from nothing? and jesus? idk i find it hard to believe he did all the stuff he did.

it all sounds nice. but it all sounds more like a story then anything else.

and thats what the bible is. a story. i hate how the catholic church makes it out to be everything. jesus and god didnt' write it. people did.

ugh i'm going to stop now hahaha

agree %100, cept I wasn't raised catholic.

and thats what the bible is. a story. i hate how the catholic church makes it out to be everything. jesus and god didnt' write it. people did.

Yeah, the Bible is very much a book. Twilight is very much a book. Green Eggs and Ham is very much a book. Get my flow?

That was well written. :P

For my part I'm atheist, it's hard to bare though, because since I'm 100% sure there is no god, I know that after I die, there's nothing. :rotfl:

That's pretty shitty tbh. lol.

And the worst part is that there's nothing to do about it. :P

Of course it's just a story.

And I have to live with people who have been sucked in to that bullshit because they are too vulnerable to think for themselves.

It is growing out by generation which is a good thing. Hopefully a few generations down the line everyone will have grown a pair of balls and can start taking life into their own hands.

On that note, I'm off to bed. Nite!

okay i'm not afraid to offend people b/c everyone here know's i don't intend to hurt anyone.

i was raised a catholic. but i hate the catholic church. they are too extreme. they pick and choose what they want to listen to (ie. gay marriage)

and i have a hard time believing in god, jesus, mary, the lot of them.

i'm more a believer of evolution and fate then i am of god.

i don't doubt there is a god, but i don't believe there is one either.

i have a real hard time believing that one being created everything. how did He come about then? hmm? and how does he make something from nothing? and jesus? idk i find it hard to believe he did all the stuff he did.

it all sounds nice. but it all sounds more like a story then anything else.

ugh i'm going to stop now hahaha

same points i would make, probably

personally i think people should believe what they want to believe and not what some organized religion tells them to

that's what really pisses me off

and i like how i said i wouldn't really get into this but now i am haha

oh boredom

i have to agree with you on the matter of catholic church being so extreme... i have to say us ortodox r little mor relaxed on much issues...fro instance Caholic priest and their celiblacy pledge...that is so unnatural for human that is apsolutlly apsured...and that is why we have so many chases of pirest abusing kids...and only thing that Pope have to say is that he is sorry...

ok i wont talk anymore

Yeah, the Bible is very much a book. Twilight is very much a book. Green Eggs and Ham is very much a book. Get my flow?

exactly.

thats like everyone going and getting harry potter books and worshiping them like they do the bible

its a book. nothing more then a story.

honestly? i think someone got bored one day back in the daaayyyy and he found some paper or whatever they wrote on, sat under a tree, and had a great story in mind.

little did we know 12 guys would pick it up and praise it

Of course it's just a story.

And I have to live with people who have been sucked in to that bullshit because they are too vulnerable to think for themselves.

It is growing out by generation which is a good thing. Hopefully a few generations down the line everyone will have grown a pair of balls and can start taking life into their own hands.

On that note, I'm off to bed. Nite!

Yeah I know how that feels, it can be pretty annoying.

But luckily for me, my school is at least 90% atheist.

I was raised protestant, and what pisses me off about this country is that the majority claim that they are either catholic or protestant.

Yet only very few (the most vulnerable and insecure) actually live a Christian lifestyle.

I am of no religion. Religion is a tool for the weak.

exactly.

thats like everyone going and getting harry potter books and worshiping them like they do the bible

its a book. nothing more then a story.

honestly? i think someone got bored one day back in the daaayyyy and he found some paper or whatever they wrote on, sat under a tree, and had a great story in mind.

little did we know 12 guys would pick it up and praise it

Right. I don't get that. lol @ the 12 guys.

Also, my friend's mom is a minister and I heard her preaching on speaker phone before. She was saying the biggest amount of bullshit I ever heard and the lady on the other line was believing every single bit of it. She was talking of all these restrictions and fasting God wants you do do in order to get to heaven. I cant remember everything, but if you were there, you'd know the crap she was saying off the top of her head, like most ministers do.

EDIT: I see it was stopped, but I wrote a bit and don't feel like erasing it.

hahaha suuurrreee

at least we'll have nice tans 8-)

durrr 8-)

one last serious thing i want to say before i shut up

it bothers me when people try to shoot someone down because of what they believe

don't tell me i'm wrong or that i'm going to hell or some shit just because i don't believe what you do

durrr 8-)

it bothers me when people try to shoot someone down because of what they believe

don't tell me i'm wrong or that i'm going to hell or some shit just because i don't believe what you do

Trufax

durrr 8-)

OH MY GOD yes.

i get that from my family all the time.

kids in high school did it alot too. picked on the people that actually admitted to believing things. like wtf.

i'm always getting how i should believe in god like i was brought up and its wrong not to and blah blah blah

OH MY GOD yes.

i get that from my family all the time.

kids in high school did it alot too. picked on the people that actually admitted to believing things. like wtf.

i'm always getting how i should believe in god like i was brought up and its wrong not to and blah blah blah

I found the bolded part to be a little ironic.

it's so annoying

who gave you the power to judge me like that?

i don't do the same to you just because you do believe in god

because that's stupid and hypocritical

i find it ironic god is supposed to be all accepting and stuff but christians are the most judgemental people i've ever met

and that's actually all i'm saying