an unopened letter to the world.

laura.RIOT!

Dear Alice,

Why can't you just spend one night with me? It's a concert, you don't even have to talk to me much! I want to go see my favourite band with someone I know and like, not some stranger who could possibly make the night crap for me. It's not fair really. Not at all.

Shannon.

Dear ____,

I wish I could tell you just how much I truly like you and have liked you since freshman year. Every year I go through the same thing of wanting to tell you and wanting you to know, but don't at the same time. I know I'd feel better if you knew because it'd be out there in the open and it wouldn't be bothering me anymore. All the times you defended me against the jerks at school with their, "Hey, come over here and [disgusting actions that I cannot bear to write down], Cheyenne," and their other pathetic crap. All of those times make it hard for me to let go of you, dammit. And all the times where I was stressed and unhappy and you seemed to know that and always made me feel better, I can't let go.

Endlessly have I tried to put my feelings for you to an end, but every time I try, I only seem to find that little piece of me inside that's still holding on. I want to let go. I know that you'll never like me back and I'm okay with that, so I want to be able to finally move on and away. Just try being a jerk to me and then I won't like you anymore.