Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

okay i always ask this on a friday..it's nearly saturday so who's your team playing and how do you think you'll do?

villa this weekend for us..sunday again, hopefully they'll be tired from their uefa cup game last night.

Newcastle have got Stoke at home, we really should win the game. Especially since the team is almost back to full strength, Kinnear will probably have selection problems cause people are back from injury now. Looks like it'll probably be 4-3-3 with Martins Viduka and Owen up front.

Swansea play Bristol City. Hard to say what's going to happen really. Hopefully a win for us to keep hanging around the play-offs 8-)

^ you support 2 teams?

Martins, Viduka and Owen is one hell of a partnership if you can get them all fit and in form.

Technically yeah.

As a kid you're always drawn toward the Premiership so I supported Newcastle, but Swansea is my home-town and as I've got older I follow them too.

This weekend will be the first big test for our pitch i reckon, and others in the SPL. Last season, 9 games at our ground were postponed due to pitch problems, and if this weather keeps up, i cant see the game going ahead on saturday

knew it! Our game got cancelled,

rangers 7-1 hamilton, lols

Crazy end to Everton vs. Villa. Unbelievable. 1-2 at 90 minutes, 3 mins stoppage time to play, then in the 92nd minute Lescott equalises for Everton. Then Young scores in the 93rd minute for Villa to make it 2-3 :lol:

couldn't believe that! it's great for the neutral fan but to a evertonian like myself it was terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
hey no-one's posting on this thead anymore.

I'll change that!

So who's everybody got tomorrow? Sheffield Wednesday at home, so hopefully that should be 3 points. If we do pick up any sort of result, this will officially be our most successful year in the Championship, not to mention a certain FA Cup run....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E0I6HyhJRHc

"And on that muddy pitch in Chasetown, when we went one nil down...."

Definitely the highlight of a crap all round year. Brilliant memories, a once in a lifetime achievement. MON THE BLUEBIRDS!

Champions League 1/8 finals :

Chelsea (Ang) - Juventus Turin (Ita)

Villarreal (Esp) - Panathinaïkos (Gre)

Sporting Portugal (Por) - Bayern Munich (All)

Arsenal (Ang) - AS Roma (Ita)

Atletico Madrid (Esp) - FC Porto (Por)

Olympique Lyonnais (Fra) - FC Barcelone (Esp)

Inter Milan (Ita) - Manchester United (Ang)

Real Madrid (Esp) - Liverpool (Ang)

Wow, every Italian team got an English team ... This will be a fight between the two countries, hope Italy wins it.