Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

I hate football, I don't understand the big obsession with a load of guys kicking a ball around.

It's not just a matter of kicking a ball around.

It's a tactical and cooperative game. 8-)

What makes us love football is that a football match is like a movie, there is a scenario with characters, and you want to know what happens in the end ... :P

Don't know if any of you saw what happened today at us away to Reading. Lets list it in Chronological order, shall we? :mrgreen:

Kick Off

First half ends. Fairly shit.

Second half

We dominate for AGES

We miss some good chances

Reading get back in the game with 10 mins. We've missed our chance :(

89th minute: MICHAEL CHOPRA!!!!! YOU HERO! I LOVE YOU! 1-0 KAAAARDIFF

4 minutes of added time announced.

I'm running around dancing and singing "we are 4th! huzza!"

THEN.....

96th minute. Reading win a corner. Their goalkeeper runs up. Guess what. He scores.

In the 96th minute of 4 added minutes, Readings reserve goalkeeper scores against us. Talk about a kick in the balls. :nono:

what the fuck.

You know, a friend of mine blocked me on MSN because I said "Shit 2nd half! =P"

He responds with "Temporary Block. I warned you twice to stop moaning."

What, I can't talk about football? This is the type of discussion you have when you talk about football...and he's a Man Utd fan.

What the hell?

what happned to the talk of felliani? he blates looks like the archetypical belgian, the belgian version of schweinsteiger for archetypicalness

Was that a Belgian joke? :-o You surprise me :P

Crazy game between Villa and Arsenal. I was going nuts watching Stoke v Man Utd yesterday, the ref was shit. How did he miss the Ronaldo and Rooney incidents? But hey I just hate Man Utd so I'm probably biased 8-) Oh and Newcastle lost, typical French clown Bassong got sent off although I didn't see what he did.

Speaking of the French, Charles N'Zogbia is a French Woman. One minute he says he's staying, the next he says he's leaving, make your mind up you tart.

No point me complaining about Newcastle's harsh refereeing decisions against Wigan.

So instead I'm going to say how FUCKING AWFUL WE WERE TODAY.

Seriously. Calamity defending, Given kept us in the game in the first half. The whole defence was shit. We could have played four pigeons in defence and they'd have done a better job. No wait, pigeons are too high a rank. Make that mannequins they were so shit.

And don't even get me started on that third goal. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?? To quote Andy Gray "How did Babel put the ball in with what? Seven Newcastle players around him?" And in finishing this rant: Kinnear needs to go in the Summer, Ashley is a lying bastard and as Andy Gray said, "Newcastle were awful".

Newcastle should have used the reserve team today and let the first team rest. When you don't believe you can win why bother play. Shay Given once again proved that he is among the best keepers in the league. No wonder that players like Owen and N'Zogbia don't want to stay there.

The management say they want to be in the top. Then buy quality players and not players from league 2 in France or over the hill players from Man United and Chelsea.

And get a coach who's best effort is to say fuck 50 times in 5 minutes.

1 year on

RIP Phil

Never forgotten :(

phil-odonnell.jpg

Ahh, I remember that well. RIP Phil O'Donnell.

Nothing will happen from the Gerrard incident, even if he did do something it will be covered up and he'll get off free.

Another 3 points on Sunday, late goals 4tw. Unfortunately Chopra and Routledge have to go back now. :(

No point me complaining about Newcastle's harsh refereeing decisions against Wigan.

So instead I'm going to say how FUCKING AWFUL WE WERE TODAY.

Seriously. Calamity defending, Given kept us in the game in the first half. The whole defence was shit. We could have played four pigeons in defence and they'd have done a better job. No wait, pigeons are too high a rank. Make that mannequins they were so shit.

And don't even get me started on that third goal. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?? To quote Andy Gray "How did Babel put the ball in with what? Seven Newcastle players around him?" And in finishing this rant: Kinnear needs to go in the Summer, Ashley is a lying bastard and as Andy Gray said, "Newcastle were awful".

Another Newcastle fan. That's nice to know. I have to agree with just about everything you said.

Another Newcastle fan. That's nice to know. I have to agree with just about everything you said.

There must be a Newcastle-Paramore connection or something. I think there's more Newcastle fans than any other team on here. It's only about 4 or 5, but still.

Ferguson wont move, i can only see Bougherra moving there if that happens

Well Rangers seem to be selling all their best players. Boyd has gone to Birmingham, Newcastle and Bolton want Bougherra, some guy's gone to Wolves and Ferguson will probably go too, other Prem teams are interested now.

I'm gonna be super pissed off though if Given is sold. I don't mind him leaving, honestly don't blame him, but apparently Newcastle want Boruc from Celtic, which to me says they're gonna sell Given.

Oh and anyone see Derby out-play Man Utd last night? :rotfl: