Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

Apparently the links between us and Motherwell's Porter are getting stronger. The deal is likely to cost around £475k.

What do you think about this Ross? I've heard he's got a very good scoring record for you guys, and he's played with big Ross McCormack before. But surely you wouldn't sell your best striker whilst you're in a potential relegation battle?

Apparently the links between us and Motherwell's Porter are getting stronger. The deal is likely to cost around £475k.

What do you think about this Ross? I've heard he's got a very good scoring record for you guys, and he's played with big Ross McCormack before. But surely you wouldn't sell your best striker whilst you're in a potential relegation battle?

That is an amazing deal for Porter considering he's out of contract in the summer and could leave for free, but apparently Derby have made their interest known and he could very well change his mind! Although i dont see the logic in that,

He's the best out and out striker we have had in 10 years, he will do excellent down in the championship, we wouldnt have got to the UEFA Cup without him,

Im confident we wont get swamped into a relegation battle right enough, but we do need goals, and we're going to miss him if he leaves, we need to sign a striker to replace him, and we dont have anybody at the club in the same mould as Porter.

That is an amazing deal for Porter considering he's out of contract in the summer and could leave for free, but apparently Derby have made their interest known and he could very well change his mind! Although i dont see the logic in that,

He's the best out and out striker we have had in 10 years, he will do excellent down in the championship, we wouldnt have got to the UEFA Cup without him,

Im confident we wont get swamped into a relegation battle right enough, but we do need goals, and we're going to miss him if he leaves, we need to sign a striker to replace him, and we dont have anybody at the club in the same mould as Porter.

Cheers for the reply. It looks like I spoke too soon however.

Apparently there has been some kind of problem. Some are saying that we have dropped our interest in Porter and we wont be offering him a contract, whilst other's have said he's keeping his options open.

If it's the first, then Peter Risdale better pull his finger out and realise that we have a brilliant chance of being promoted and sign a new bloody player. If it's the second, then Porter can fuck off and join Derby.

EDIT: It looks like it was indeed the second one.

stoke City!

we're doing pretty bad at the moment but if we just start winning our away games then i think we will stay up, hopefully (fingers crossed)

im glad that we signed james beattie and matt etherington they are class players and can help us stay up.

also Pulis says that two more signings are on the way so if they are as good as beattie and etherington then we should go all right for the rest of the season.