Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

From what ive been told, it appears Porter will be staying till the end of the season, we lose him for nothing, and he'll sign for Derby

He's a money grabbing prick! I've done some research and this is what an Oldham fan said:

"Exactly as us fellow Latics have said, he'll go nowhere in January. Him and his money grabbing agent will wait until summer when they can leave the club for free so any transfer fee would then just go to them as a signing on fee. £400k to Motherwell now and no signing on fee for Porter, or nothing to Motherwell in summer and £100k+ for Porter and his agent as a signing on fee, there's only one option a guy like Chris Porter will choose. He did the same with us, we accepted an 800k bid for him from Plymouth, he said he didn't want to leave us and instead would sign a new deal in the summer. Anyway, regardless of whether he would sign the contract or not didn't matter too much as we were entitled to compensation should he leave for a Championship club like speculated, I believe yourselves were one of the clubs strongly linked with him back then. However he didn't sign a new deal and chose a cross border move leaving us potless for him as we weren't entitled to a penny despite spending £100k on medical treatment for him during his first season with us which was a mare."

Typical modern football player, all about the money. I'm bloody glad he's not joining us.

Apparently we've bid £1.6million for Watford's Tommy Smith. Exciting times ahead for City tbh.

He's a money grabbing prick! I've done some research and this is what an Oldham fan said:

"Exactly as us fellow Latics have said, he'll go nowhere in January. Him and his money grabbing agent will wait until summer when they can leave the club for free so any transfer fee would then just go to them as a signing on fee. £400k to Motherwell now and no signing on fee for Porter, or nothing to Motherwell in summer and £100k+ for Porter and his agent as a signing on fee, there's only one option a guy like Chris Porter will choose. He did the same with us, we accepted an 800k bid for him from Plymouth, he said he didn't want to leave us and instead would sign a new deal in the summer. Anyway, regardless of whether he would sign the contract or not didn't matter too much as we were entitled to compensation should he leave for a Championship club like speculated, I believe yourselves were one of the clubs strongly linked with him back then. However he didn't sign a new deal and chose a cross border move leaving us potless for him as we weren't entitled to a penny despite spending £100k on medical treatment for him during his first season with us which was a mare."

Typical modern football player, all about the money. I'm bloody glad he's not joining us.

Apparently we've bid £1.6million for Watford's Tommy Smith. Exciting times ahead for City tbh.

I'm hoping you go up to be honest.

Would be awesome if two Welsh teams got promoted :mrgreen: but not likely looking at the table... still one would be good. I bet it'll be Cardiff vs Swansea in the Play-off finals :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,19540,11687,00.html

Transfer Deadline day....

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html?reloaded

Pick of the transfers (related to who people support on here ;-))

8.12 It looks like Spurs could be busy on deadline day. Skysports.com understands they are looking to sign Portuguese international Ricardo Quaresma on loan from Inter Milan.

9.06 Sky Sports News' David Craig reports that Newcastle United are looking to sign Coventry defender Daniel Fox.

9.20 Everton are expecting Manchester City's Brazilian striker Jo to undergo a medical before making a loan switch to Goodison Park. Sky Bet rate him 11/4 to make the move to Merseyside.

9.32 Norwich have signed Rangers' Alan Gow on loan for the rest of the season. The midfielder had been linked with Wolves.

10.37 A further update from Sky Sports News on Robbie Keane who believe Real Madrid's Argentine striker Javier Saviola has been in discussions with Spurs over a loan deal. However, if Tottenham's move for Keane is sucessful then Saviola could make the switch to Anfield.

11.16 Stoke City are poised to sign Wigan striker Henri Camara on loan until the end of the season while defender Andrew Davies looks set to join Norwich on loan.

11.36 There is news coming in from the Premier League that they are negotiating with the FA and Fifa to extend the transfer deadline from 5pm this evening. We will keep you posted if there is any change - and update our countdown clock accordingly.

12.03 Cardiff City have confirmed that they have lodged a £3million bid for an unnamed striker, reported to be Steven Fletcher.

12.05 We are receiving reports the deal for Andrei Arshavin is still in the balance. Arsenal and Zenit St Petersburg are trying to thrash out terms while there are conflicting stories regarding the Russian's whereabouts. Some sources are indicating he is actually undergoing a medical at the Gunners' London Colney headquarters.

13.09 Sky Sports News understands Tottenham have accepted bids from two clubs for Giovani Dos Santos, with Portsmouth believed to be keen on the Mexican.

13.20 Liverpool have broken their silence over Robbie Keane and have confirmed they will allow the Irishman to talk to Spurs over a return to White Hart Lane. He is now expected to undergo a medical.

13.42 Sky Sports News believe Inter Milan are looking at bringing in Jermaine Jenas in exchange for Portuguese winger Ricardo Quaresma. Sky Bet are offering 11/4 he will be an Inter player by the end of the transfer window.

14.00 Sky Sports News understands Manchester City have failed to take up a £25million option to buy Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn. Rovers claim City had to match their valuation by Sunday or no deal would be done before the window closes.

14.12 Stoke have confirmed they have signed striker Henri Camara from Wigan on loan until the end of the season.

14.22 The Premier League has announced it will grant applications from clubs to complete transactions after the 5pm deadline today if there is email confirmation from the two clubs involved that a deal has been agreed in principle. The club signing the player must also satisfy the board that the prevailing weather conditions have prevented the signing from being completed by the deadline.

14.41 Sky Sports News reports that Andrei Arshavin's move to Arsenal is back on. The Gunners and Zenit are now close to a deal but the Russians are still working with Arshavin to resolve a final payment.

14.46 Newcastle have reportedly failed in a bid to swap Spurs' Darren Bent with Obafemi Martins.

15.30 Sky Sports News understands Giovani dos Santos is staying at White Hart Lane in spite of Spurs agreeing a fee with Portsmouth for the young forward. The word from Fratton Park is dos Santos is not match fit.

15.48 At last Arsenal and Zenit St Petersburg have finally agreed a fee for the transfer of Andrei Arshavin to the Gunners. The deal is still to be finalised though with Arshavin and the Russians still to sort out a final payment. It is understood Arshavin will wear the number 13 shirt.

15.55 The most remarkable deal of deadline day is also getting closer following news Spurs have agreed a fee with Liverpool for the return of Robbie Keane to White Hart Lane.

16.08 Newcastle United have signed defender Ryan Taylor from Wigan Athletic, with Charles N'Zogbia moving in the opposite direction in an exchange deal. The Magpies have also received an undisclosed cash sum, reported to be in excess of £6million.

16.25 Harry Redknapp has spoken of his delight at Robbie Keane's return to White Hart Lane. He told Sky Sports News: "I am absolutely thrilled and delighted that Robbie Keane is back at Tottenham once again. He is a terrific player. He can make all the difference."

16.30 Manchester City have rejected an £8million bid from Newcastle for midfielder Michael Johnson.

17.00 Transfer Deadline.

17.25 Striker Michael Chopra has beaten the transfer deadline to complete his return to Cardiff from Sunderland [on loan].

17.35 Tottenham have completed the signing of Robbie Keane from Liverpool in the biggest deal on transfer deadline day.

18.57 Chelsea have completed the signing of Ricardo Quaresma from Inter Milan on loan until the end of the season.

20.15 Sky Sports News understands Andrei Arshavin's move to Arsenal is expected to be finally completed on Tuesday when the Premier League receive on the necessary paperwork.

WHAT'S THAT COMING OVER THE HILL?

IS IT A CHOPRA!? A MICHAEL CHOPRA!!!!!

Quality signing, although a bit unsure of the proposed £4million bid when his loan runs out. But brave to Dave Jones and Peter Risdale. No sales, for once, and Burke, Quincy and Chopra. That's ambition.

We actually have options now! OPTIONS!!!

aye doing well this season ur lot

automatic or play offs?

Ooohhh, that's a toughie! :twisted:

Surely play-offs, but we do have the quality to make the top 2. It depends if we take the points we deserve rather than dropping points in injury time due to stupid goals again. It's never looked so bright for Cardiff City!

How did you rate your performance against Sunderland then? I believe Chopra let you off the hook at the end, lol.

errrrrm it wasnt a penalty for us but i will take it and i will take a draw, so that says it all really haha

we got west brom on saturday if we lose that we are buggered

Aye, I've got a Newcastle supporting friend who seems to tell me every Monday that they've been screwed by the ref, so it's nice to see you got a dodge decision in your favour for once, haha.

Our match against Arsenal tomorrow has been postponed, hopefully we don't get a huge line-up of games all at once. We're already 1 behind everyone else in the Championship.

We beat Inverurie 3-0 last night, thank god that game is out he road now, 4 times it had been postponed beforehand,

We play at home against St Mirren on saturday in the next round,

We signed Cillian Sheridan on loan from celtic, not too chuffed but i'll give him a chance..