Anyone lost interest??

the1

thats good too know - Im quite shy but I sud get on ok .................hopefullly

Haha yeeah, you'll be fine. I'm kinda shy as well, particularly around new people. But it's easy to make friends at college and what not because everyone is in the same boat.

Aaaanyway, I must dash. If you wanna know anything, don't hesitate to ask!:)

tbh Paramore seem a bit crap now.

I mean, RIOT! was amazingly medicore. It's success FAR outweighed its lack of substance.

AWKIF was great. It was a rock record.

Misery Business was good for the first two listens.

They can't even put on an energetic live show anymore. Well, at least Hayley and Zac put some effort in.

Every interview ith them is the same boring stuff. They are soooo over exposed its unbelievable. I used to get excited seeing them in the press, now I don't even bother reading most of the stuff.

They are seen as a family-friendly, safe-as-it-gets band with very little credibility. When I saw them there were a few too many 12 year old girls. Not that music should alienate people, it just feels like they are becoming a Disney band lol. Their association with Twilight has done nothing to help this.

I used to want to represent them. Now I would be embarassed to wear a Paramore shirt.

Don't get me wrong- as people they are still great. But music wise, it's hard to get past the fact that they've become a teenage girls band. I mean, now they are all colour coded outfits and doing shit interviews for teenage girls magazines. It's crap!!

Anyone else feel the same?

(Yes I am aware I'm gonna get a load of "How dare you!"s and shit, but I'm allowed to have opinions, and I know people that agree with me)

sadly i agree, and i think fans of longer time will too. i have had a pmore sticker on the back of my car and now im ebarrassed of it as well. it sounds horrible but its true. they are still the same people but just idk the next album is going to have to be a total turn around from riot! or i honestly think im going to get annoyed with their music :/ idk when the last time i played paramore on my ipod or checked out interviews or watched videos on youtube, probably a few months and thats a long time considering ive been doing that non stop from 05 til about mid 08

Well, look at Brand Nw and A7X. They both get exposure, and are fairly popular, but not too much. I mean, I still get excited when I see articles about A7X because they are a fairly closed band, in that they don't reveal everything. Whereas we seem to know everything there is too know about Paramore.

Diminishing returns. Consumer happiness is leveling out around now lol.

Not even close on that statement.

sadly i agree, and i think fans of longer time will too. i have had a pmore sticker on the back of my car and now im ebarrassed of it as well. it sounds horrible but its true. they are still the same people but just idk the next album is going to have to be a total turn around from riot! or i honestly think im going to get annoyed with their music :/ idk when the last time i played paramore on my ipod or checked out interviews or watched videos on youtube, probably a few months and thats a long time considering ive been doing that non stop from 05 til about mid 08

I'm a fan of "longer time" - since August of 2005 - and I don't agree at all. So, it's not a universal opinion by any stretch.

Not even close on that statement.

Let me rephrase that- It's rare that we learn anything new and interesting. For me anyway. It all seems to be the same old "Hayley, how is it being a girl" and that kind of shit.

What we need is another PF.com exclusive!!

You guys should move to Belgium.

Nobody knows them here.

They're no where on tv, no where on magazines, they're never on the radio, nobody talks about them, when I talked about them at my school, nobody in my all class had ever heard about them.

If they're mentioned in a magazine it's like ... a miracle ! :P

*throws in two cents*

Well it's fairly obvious that Riot! has more of a pop sheen than AWKIF has, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The way I see it, pop = more accessiable, so you can get more fans and increase your fan base, and then experiment with your next album and see how the public recieves it, and then move from there.

No, Misery Business isn't really as emotional as Paramore's other material, but there's alot of energy in that song, and really you need a break from writing songs with strong emotions behind them. I don't mind that song, and even though I haven't listened to Paramore in a while, I still hold some interest cause I'm always on this forum and the other sights to see what they're up to and so forth.

And as for Josh 'staring at a brick wall?' So what? There's plenty of musicians who don't jump around like crazy people on stage. And personally, I find it hard to play guitar and jump around all the time. :P

You guys should move to Belgium.

Nobody knows them here.

They're no where on tv, no where on magazines, they're never on the radio, nobody talks about them, when I talked about them at my school, nobody in my all class had ever heard about them.

If they're mentioned in a magazine it's like ... a miracle ! :P

no one and me don't forget me !! im in your class and i know them:hyper:

no one and me don't forget me !! im in your class and i know them:hyper:

You didn't knew them before I told you about them ! :hyper:

That sounds similar to chips. Although, if you were to elaborate on "potato fries" that would be good.:)

No, not chips, potato fries, haha.

SuperStock_1532R-17346.jpg