Anyone lost interest??

the1

let me guess you still think im full of shit. it would be weird if you did though since you brought up some of the same points.

?? Expand!

you all know if you were in a band you would say yes to having your videos on mtv and being on trl and all that

plus it like that with any band there gonna get big and dumb people you dont like will like them. plus if you dont wanna to listen to the same music as like 12 year olds then listen to like radiohead or something. you can tell what kind of band little kids will like by listening to them and you know they will like paramore. plus like any band your not gonna like them as much as when you first started liking them cause they were new and fresh 2 you

Well, yes and no. If I was in a band seeking credibility, I would have to put alot of consideration into going on TRL, but tbh that isnt a big issue- loadsa bands have gone on there. That didnt damage Paramore.

And also, I kinda agree. Its obvious that Paramore is a "pop" band, and have an accesible sound. I guess RIOT! was just so cand coated that it would hav happened sooner or later. But I still love AWKIF, because it has energy.

Simply put:

AWKIF is the album you can see kids taking pride in knowing about, and it touches people on a personal level

RIOT! is an album that 12yr old girls dance to, and put the videos on youtube. How artful.

You know what I think?

I think that this overdue break they're on will get them jumpstarted again.

They'll go back to the old Paramore. Not saying that they won't be played on MTV, but, their live shows will be a lot more fun.

We can't really stop them from being played on MTV. I mean, we don't need to vote or whatever it is you guys do to get bands played on there, but just us not voting won't do much. There's thousands of other people wanting to see them on there.

As much as it bothers me to say this, we're just gonna have to suck it up and let them do what they need to do.

Honestly, I realyl don't think they've sold out just because they're being played on MTV and go on insane (sometimes sold out) stadium tours. Selling out, at least my point of view is when you do stupid things for huge companies to get your band out there. Even if your band is already huge.

No offense to FOB fans but, about a year ago, I saw them on a commercial for Subway. They were on the cups there. THAT to me is selling out. They didn't need that. They didn't need the money so, they can't use that as an excuse...

So until Paramore start putting their faces on Subway cups, I think we should all just suck it up.

you all know if you were in a band you would say yes to having your videos on mtv and being on trl and all that

plus it like that with any band there gonna get big and dumb people you dont like will like them. plus if you dont wanna to listen to the same music as then listen to like radiohead or something. you can tell what kind of band little kids will like by listening to them and you know they will like paramore. plus like any band your not gonna like them as much as when you first started liking them cause they were new and fresh 2 you

You must be having a laugh right?

First of all, Radiohead. What an unbelievably odd thing to say. It doesn't matter what band it is - whether it's Radiohead, Jawbreaker, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Descendants etc - the teenies can just as easily listen to them as we can. If anything, they're more likely to listen to them to make themselves appear more "cool" and "credible" amongst their peers.

Secondly, that is just about the most silly thing I've heard in a while. I've been listening to Jimmy Eat World, blink-182 and Linkin Park for almost 10 years now and I still like them just as much (if not more) as I did back then. Only bands that fit in with modern trends apply to your statement.

You must be having a laugh right?

First of all, Radiohead. What an unbelievably odd thing to say. It doesn't matter what band it is - whether it's Radiohead, Jawbreaker, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Descendants etc - the teenies can just as easily listen to them as we can. If anything, they're more likely to listen to them to make themselves appear more "cool" and "credible" amongst their peers.

Secondly, that is just about the most silly thing I've heard in a while. I've been listening to Jimmy Eat World, blink-182 and Linkin Park for almost 10 years now and I still like them just as much (if not more) as I did back then. Only bands that fit in with modern trends apply to your statement.

Pwned ;-)

The only reason teenies listen to Paramore is because they're so accessible. So... Trendy.

And to twelve year olds, Paramore are considered "punk" so they think it makes them look hardcore.

I completely agree.

Except, I would be embarassed to wear a shirt. I'd just be like "Oh, everyone is gonna think I'm a teeny..."

But yeah. I agree.

It's like, everytime I listen to them it just seems boring now.

And it sucks... But, it's not really something I can help.

i completely agree with you...i havent listened to them in countless months because its like woo same old stuff...lame

i dont wear my stupid shirts anymore either because i do find it a bit embarassing...kinda like you said...teeny...bopper

to me theyre more like a goody goody wanna be rock band that lack anything impressive anymore....and the lyrics seem a bit cheesy now

I won't say I disagree with you, but I won't say I agree either but here's something to think about...

I'm 16 right now, I joined this forum over 3 years ago when I was 13...Just because I found them way before other 13 year old girls and years before most of you does that make me any more "credible" then them? I think not.

Honestly, I realyl don't think they've sold out just because they're being played on MTV and go on insane (sometimes sold out) stadium tours. Selling out, at least my point of view is when you do stupid things for huge companies to get your band out there. Even if your band is already huge.

No offense to FOB fans but, about a year ago, I saw them on a commercial for Subway. They were on the cups there. THAT to me is selling out. They didn't need that. They didn't need the money so, they can't use that as an excuse...

So until Paramore start putting their faces on Subway cups, I think we should all just suck it up.

I LOL'ed

I guess Subway makes bands sell out nowadays.... :rotfl:

Paramore for some reason isn't that big around me.

Same here. 90% of the people don't even know who they are, not kidding.

Some of this is the typical stuff that gets discussed every time a band/an artist becomes more popular. They suddenly aren't elite anymore, they're selling out and things like that, and so some people start growing out of them, because it's so uncool to like something everyone likes, right? I heard the same stuff when Green Day's American Idiot came out and tons of teens started getting into them. I mean, what's the problem? It's not a problem at all to me, I'm not ashamed of any of the stuff I listen to and I don't give a fuck if some people judge me by the music I like, that's plain stupid.

• Like 1

i think the reason awhile ago alot of people got into them was they were young so they were really relateable, there music was more rock, and not many people knew about them, and i love smaller bands i think the less people kno abut them the more fun there shows are because there in a small club and i could meet them after shows or even befor.

but now there older(not old, just got older), riot is POP, everyone knows about them.

2 years ago i would like tell my friends about paramore and they said they sucked, now there like "OMG PARAMORE!" its annoying.

but i think paramore did anything wrong. they didnt nessicarily "sell out" they just expanded which they needed to do in order to keep going. i think there still themselves just maybe went pop to help get fans. music is a business, it was probably nessacary. and maybe they wanted to expand there sound.

im hoping the next album is less pop. hayley even said it was gunna be.

now all we have to do is deal with the teenies. hmmm.

i completely agree with you...i havent listened to them in countless months because its like woo same old stuff...lame

i dont wear my stupid shirts anymore either because i do find it a bit embarassing...kinda like you said...teeny...bopper

to me theyre more like a goody goody wanna be rock band that lack anything impressive anymore....and the lyrics seem a bit cheesy now

whoa,you find it embarassing to wear they're shirts just because of what people might think of you?thats just weird,because I still wear my shirts all the time and even my brother makes fun of them ,but it doesn't bother me what other people think.I'll be proud to admit I'm a Paramore fan even if people think I'm a teeny bopper.:D

I won't say I disagree with you, but I won't say I agree either but here's something to think about...

I'm 16 right now, I joined this forum over 3 years ago when I was 13...Just because I found them way before other 13 year old girls and years before most of you does that make me any more "credible" then them? I think not.

Yeah, I was 13 when I joined this forum too (I'm 16 now as well)

I kinda agree with you both, it doesn't make you more credible, I guess you're just older now and further away from the teenie image?

They have become a teenage girl band and yeah, i don't even check for updates anymore (I used to just about every day)

but now i can't even mention paramore with one of my friends going "my little sister/cousin loves them!" errr okay ;) thats greeeaaaat.

Their lyrics and song compositions kinda headed that way, its all safe stuff.

I agree with what you mean about the boring interviews, what happened to those crazy paramore videos? it all looks staged now.

I kinda just got bored. They used to be kids enjoying what they do

don't get me wrong, i'm sure they still enjoy it

but i don't get the impression they're in it for the love of the music anymore

its kinda like they're stuck, this is who they are, doing what they do

I wouldn't say that I have lost my interest. It has slowed down a little right now, but I am waiting for the new album.

When I first saw the premier of Pressure on MTVU's show The Freshmen back in 2005 I fell in love with the band and bought AWKIF. When I first saw Misery Business on Itunes and the video on MTV I didn't like it at first. In fact it took me more then 6 months to give the second album a chance and then I really started to like it. I was playing it all the time. Now, that has slowed down a bit now, but I did enjoy the Final Riot Tour DVD a lot and have watched that a few times already and will most likely a many more times. It's refreshing to have a live album and something different to listen too.

well you told me to stop complaining about the same thing you just posted. bands changing up everything just to be popular. so i don't get how im full of shit when you obviously agree.

Avril always was shit. Still is. Well, she was always mainstream anyway

AFI changed. Not in a popular, mainstream fashion, just change in musical direction. Big difference.

There's a big difference between a 13 year old girl who loves music for its substance and a 13 yr old girl who loves music for its image and "coolness". I'm not stereotyping a whole generation, I'm just saying that alot of Paramores fans are the same crowd you'd find with Disney. Not that there is anything wrong with that. but it itsnt the kind of crowd I would like to be seen in- Music is art, not a trend.

Yeah, I was 13 when I joined this forum too (I'm 16 now as well)

I kinda agree with you both, it doesn't make you more credible, I guess you're just older now and further away from the teenie image?

They have become a teenage girl band and yeah, i don't even check for updates anymore (I used to just about every day)

but now i can't even mention paramore with one of my friends going "my little sister/cousin loves them!" errr okay ;) thats greeeaaaat.

Their lyrics and song compositions kinda headed that way, its all safe stuff.

I agree with what you mean about the boring interviews, what happened to those crazy paramore videos? it all looks staged now.

I kinda just got bored. They used to be kids enjoying what they do

don't get me wrong, i'm sure they still enjoy it

but i don't get the impression they're in it for the love of the music anymore

its kinda like they're stuck, this is who they are, doing what they do

I agree.

I just dont like the way they seem like "Family Rock". I dont like feeling like 1 13yr old girl when I listen to RIOT! There is no maturity in that album aside from about 3 songs.

like that with any band if u find out about them before everyone else and u see them in small places then they get big and now bigger places and stuff not there fault if they could they would talk to all there fans and stuff but that would keep them all night and they cant do that

That post is headache to my brains (I've dyslexia).

I totallt agree but not fully. I think that paramore is expanding the way fall out boy did but im hoping they dont go the same route. I think they will end up being probally 1 of the biggest bands ever and people will remember them rather or not they are the lead single for some pre-teen movie or not. I do however hate the fact that after all these 13 and under girls heard decode because of twilight they all of a sudden want to like them and listen to thier music. Thats fake ..