Bands that don't get the credit they deserve...

FueledByPara

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so everyone's got them, those two of three band's that you LOVE but have never got any credit and deserve some, so here's the thread to share them and recommend them to other, and who knows you might find another fan.

Mine would be;

Blood Red Shoes

The Dykeenies

Air Traffic

Check em out people ;-)

You should see my wall. ;-)

Elaboration:

6x Signed CD:

Waiting for Go EP

New Ideas Single

New Ideas Promo CD (first ever Lavolta CD, not released to public)

Clean Up Your Eyes CD

Stitches CD

Nothing Means Everything CD (album booklet)

Other signed stuff:

May 19th 2007 - Glasgow ABC, opening for Fountains of Wayne

New Ideas single release poster

Clean Up Your Eyes single release poster

Ticket Stubs:

Feb 07 - Carling

April 07 - QMU

May 07 - ABC

August 07 - Meadowbank

August 07 - Guestlist pass from Apple store launch

September 07 - QMU

Also saw them at two instores in April 07 and September 07. Avalanche and HMV respectively.

And I've got some merch floating about as well. Original print from '06 of the Dykeenies Love Me tee, tote bag, handful of badges etc. Some vinyls floating about also.

I'm awesome.

Brand New

glassJAw

Manchester Orchestra

Anathallo

Colour Revolt

mewithoutYou

The Movielife

Neutral Milk Hotel

Jawbreaker

Refused

Built to Spill

Iron and Wine

Kevin Devine

Elliot Smith

Jesus Lizard

My Bloody Valentine

The Ataris

The Descendants

The Get Up Kids

Brand New

glassJAw

Manchester Orchestra

Anathallo

Colour Revolt

mewithoutYou

The Movielife

Neutral Milk Hotel

Jawbreaker

Refused

Built to Spill

Iron and Wine

Kevin Devine

Elliot Smith

Jesus Lizard

My Bloody Valentine

The Ataris

The Descendants

The Get Up Kids

All on my list ;-)

I know a local band called Callahan... They're so amazingly talented and a bunch or really great guys. They deserve way more than what they have right now. (ie shitty jobs, still living with their parents due to not enough money to get their own place etc.)

http://www.myspace.com/callahanband

If you like

The Devil Wears Prada

Protest The Hero

Alexisonfire

You will love this band.:D

All on my list ;-)

I know a local band called Callahan... They're so amazingly talented and a bunch or really great guys. They deserve way more than what they have right now. (ie shitty jobs, still living with their parents due to not enough money to get their own place etc.)

http://www.myspace.com/callahanband

If you like

The Devil Wears Prada

Protest The Hero

Alexisonfire

You will love this band.:D

You should probably check out the ones that weren't. You never know - your next favourite band could be on that list!;-)

I could name loads, but the three that really spring to mind are Onslaught, Venom and Legion of the Damned.

Onslaught are just brutal. Fullstop. My favouritest, favourite band, ever.

SPITTING BLOOD IN THE FACE OF GOD!

Venom do get a lot of respect from thrashers and anyone who listens to any Black Metal (Except Cradle of Shit, they suck.), considering they pretty much spawned the genre, but even after 30 years they're still very much an underground band, and an ultimately badass one at that.

"They say he sees all.

Watching as we fall.

Turns his back like he is blind.

Legion of the Damned are only a couple of years old, but they own.

"Suffer in a world of sin.

Pray and suffer."

Most of the bands I'd put down as being under credited, though, don't really care about the credit, they care more about the music and their message than popularity, still, they deserve it, nonetheless.

Lydia

Valencia

Taking Back Sunday (They deserve more credit than they already have)

The Audition

They don't. The Audition to a lesser extent than TBS. When you ask folk around here about emo all they say is MCR/FOB/TBS. Louder Now is such a shit album and WYWTB is decidedly average. TAYF is awesome, but even then I still prefer the pre-Adam TBS material.

The Audition are pretty much there or there abouts within the scene considering they play higher up on the bills in festivals here than their peers.

cartel.

they were the first alt. bands i got in to a few years ago. i dont listen to them often these days, but when i do i realise theyre actually pretty damn good.

They canceled on me in June. I was sad. Mega sad. I still have my ticket. #1 as well, I was that sad.

They don't. The Audition to a lesser extent than TBS. When you ask folk around here about emo all they say is MCR/FOB/TBS. Louder Now is such a shit album and WYWTB is decidedly average. TAYF is awesome, but even then I still prefer the pre-Adam TBS material.

The Audition are pretty much there or there abouts within the scene considering they play higher up on the bills in festivals here than their peers.

Taking Back Sunday is not emo, and I guess you can blame the ignorance of those people who choose to label them as emo. LN and WYWTB are not masterpieces, but they sure are better than most of the albums released on the same year (2004 and 2006). TAYF will always be awesome :D

The Audition is one of those bands that when you first hear you thought will be very big, and they should be. Then you find out they're on a shit label like Victory and realize that they probably never will get the credit they deserve until they leave the label.

MCR is not emo.

MCR is not emo.

When did I say that I thought they were 'emo'? If you had read my post properly, you would see that I said "folk round here". I know what real emo is, I listen to real emo, and I know that todays modern-wave of 'emo' as it has been tagged is nothing like the genre I know and love.

Taking Back Sunday is not emo, and I guess you can blame the ignorance of those people who choose to label them as emo. LN and WYWTB are not masterpieces, but they sure are better than most of the albums released on the same year (2004 and 2006). TAYF will always be awesome :D

The Audition is one of those bands that when you first hear you thought will be very big, and they should be. Then you find out they're on a shit label like Victory and realize that they probably never will get the credit they deserve until they leave the label.

It's easy to say "most" but off the top of my head I can think of about, at least 5 albums that came out in 2004 that were leaps and bounds ahead of WYWTB:

A Silver Mt. Zion - Pretty Little Lightning Paw

Bayside - Sirens And Condolences

The Descendants - Cool to be You

Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Elliot Smith - From a Basement on the Hill

And that's just 2004 and from the top of my head. I could go compile a more comprehensive list but that's beside the point. I think it's fair to agree that TBS have gone downhill since the departure of John Nolan and Shawn Cooper (and, arguably, Jesse Lacey:wink:).

As for the Audition it's iffy. They have a huge fanbase within the scene, it's just people choose to talk about other bands more. Like I said, organisers of festivals hold a higher opinion of the Audition than they do of other bands within the current scene.