Warner are pulling Paramore videos from youtube! (even fan videos)

G3vans

Yup, just had a look and both Decode and Misery Business have been removed completely.

In December last year, Warner and Youtube couldn't agree terms and Warner decided it was going to pull it's music from youtube.

Click Here for Link

I originally noticed this in December on Muselive, the biggest Muse fan site on the Internet. The Starlight video, which had just achieved over 10million views just disappeared, and more videos have now done so. However, it's not just the big music videos that are disappearing. I just checked muse live today and somebody has had a fan-filmed video pulled, so this is likely to happen to Paramore in the future.

http://muselive.com/index.php (article)

So, yeah. You better store any videos you want to keep, because Warner are serious and are going to get rid of any paramore videos on youtube. I'm not sure if it's just performances or not, but they are going.

What a bloody joke.

I heard about this a few months ago, and I'm kind of surprised Warner didn't act sooner on the Paramore videos.

But seriously, what kind of terms did they need to agree on? YouTube gets to post Warner's videos and gets more traffic and WMG gets free promotion. Maybe I'm missing something, but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

If Warner really wants to get them, they can take down videos of people singing "Happy Birthday" because they own that too.

WHAT, WHY?

Most of my faves are Paramore related!

Because they are a joke.

Don't they realise youtube promotes their music? When I first heard Paramore I went on youtube to see if they had anymore videos. I'm sure plenty others have done the same too.

Music videos isn't so bad, but when they start taking live performances away, it becomes a problem. Some of these videos can't be located anywhere else and youtube is the only means of accessing them.

With Muse it was worse though, there are sooo many live videos that I'll probably never see again, it's just out of order by warner.

Youtube is important for bands nowadays, I'm surprised no one else has noticed this before, considering how important it is.

Because they are a joke.

Don't they realise youtube promotes their music? When I first heard Paramore I went on youtube to see if they had anymore videos. I'm sure plenty others have done the same too.

Music videos isn't so bad, but when they start taking live performances away, it becomes a problem. Some of these videos can't be located anywhere else and youtube is the only means of accessing them.

With Muse it was worse though, there are sooo many live videos that I'll probably never see again, it's just out of order by warner.

Youtube is important for bands nowadays, I'm surprised no one else has noticed this before, considering how important it is.

You're right, I first heard Pmore before Misery Business when I was sent Pressure.

It's just pathetic. :-x

yeah i heard this about a month ago on kellyville but i haven't been on youtube enough to notice. basically warner wants to get paid for the videos being up there and since youtube won't pay them (or won't pay what warner is asking which is outrageous) they have to take down all videos. its pretty stupid if you ask me.

Have they removed all the decode and misery business videos from youtube?

Cause I am watching Decode now on youtube...?

But this really is stupid. People are getting so greedy for money that they don't care what it will actually do to their actual business.

Warner will probably run back to youtube in a few months! Sales will fall so bad it's not even funny.

^ Because the person is covering a song that they own part of the copyright to. They have the right to take it down if they want to.

It's the same reason you can't just record a cover and put it on an album. You need to buy the rights to it to do it legally.

When it comes to YouTube videos though, record companies tend to let it go because those covers are still supporting their artists.