General Music Thread

Hiroki

I imagine anyone buying from say 7Digital would count toward the chart (if they used the UK site) But otherwise UK people, cause only UK people would know what "X-Factor" is :P

no, it's been talked about here, and there's one really popular YouTuber from the East Coast who's been covering the whole thing. :P

He said SOME will be given to charity :P

Doesn't say that on NME.com, are you secretly an X-Factor fan Matt? :P

"Tom Morello to donate Rage Against The Machine Vs 'X Factor' Christmas Number One money to charity "

I would love it if Rage get number one, winning by 65,000 sales in the mid-week chart but that is likely to change. Ladbrokes have slashed the odds of it getting number one too. It's basically people who like good music versus people who watch X-Factor :shifty:

"The guitarist said the single's position as a Christmas number one contender was an "unexpected windfall" and he plans to donate some of the proceeds to a charity which helps children progress their musical careers in the UK."

http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48901

Haven't seen that quote myself, NME was implying all money was going to charity, but meh.

The campaign on facebook itself has raised £20,000+ to Shelter for homeless people too.

Sad thing is that Simon Cowell wants to bring X-Factor to the U.S. This means we would have two "singing competition" shows. I still watch AI though. Its like a trainwreck, I can't look away (and sometimes there is actually someone decent on there).

I hope you guys can get it on top. I'm american and spent all my money on Christmas gifts so I can't help.

Sad thing is that Simon Cowell wants to bring X-Factor to the U.S. This means we would have two "singing competition" shows. I still watch AI though. Its like a trainwreck, I can't look away (and sometimes there is actually someone decent on there).

We, essentially, have two as well. Both run by Simon Cowell haha.:lol:

Not a fan of RATM. Would've preferred it is people backed a proper novelty single like Bob the Builder or something to make more of a mockery of the situation.

And Lara; 8-)

If I lived in the UK I'd buy the track about 50 times.

Even though I bought the original RATM debut album CD about 7 years ago and have since heard the song well over 400 times:shifty:

And damn you Ross, damn you to hell for not liking RATM.

Revoke your man card now.

Fuck it, not just your man card, revoke your card of being-ness