Marijuana

Have You Tried It?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Tried It?

• Yes
    • No
    • Almost.

Hey, no worries Erin. You have very personal reasons not to do it.

I've never done it, but I know quite a few people that have. They get super fucked up when the do it. Sure, its beyond hilarious to talk to them when they're high, but when I talk to them later they have no recollection of what happened while on their trip. But thats their decision. I'm not going to stop them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go out and do it.

That's an indication they are smoking way too much haha.

I have no problems with recalling my "trip" (as you call it.

Believe me, I've taken LSD, and marijuana is a fucking walk in a park compared to that shit, it's hardly a "trip" at all.

Although that is probably partly due to the fact I don't smoke a huge amount each session, just enough that it affects me, but I'm still quite aware of what I'm doing and where I am.

Anyway, I this is not directed at Erin specifically, but the whole "sXe muthafuckers and I'm sooooo proud" attitude really pisses me off.

I drink, I smoke pot, and I intend to possibly take LSD more times, but I'm not proud of it, nor ashamed of it, it just is what it is, just what I want to do.

It's like some people say this to boost their self esteem because deep inside they feel pathetic.

I mean, I have pretty fucking terrible self esteem, you don't wanna know about it, but I'm not enough of a narcissistic jerk-off to have to go around flaunting shit about me.

Why can't people just "be" you know? Why does it have to be "sXe biatches!"?

Why not just not drink, not smoke, not take drugs not fuck outside relationships without giving yourself a stupid label?

Is that hard to just "be"?

Do I feel the need to go around calling myself "Bent Edge" because I drink, smoke marijuana and have engaged in sexual activity outside relationships?

I don't have a problem with straight edge people, that's the choice, but I hate it when militant/self righteous arrogant fuck heads tell me I'm an inferior person because I don't conform to the straight edge lifestyle.

Now, again, I'm not saying any of you here are like this, but in the event any of you are in fact, militant narrow minded straight edge people, I'd like you to reconsider your position and come to the realization you are not necessarily better than myself, or anyone else who does like to drink/smoke/take drugs etc.

I also hate fuckers that are straight edge to fit in. Fuck that shit right off.

If you really want to drink beer, go and do it, because if your friend judge you negatively for doing that, they aren't your friends.

Or on the reverse, if you want to follow the clean lifestyle, and your friends all want you to drink/take drugs but you don't want to, they aren't your friends.

At the end of the day, if you can think for yourself, your intelligent enough to make your own decisions and understand the risks and know how to minimize them, and don't harm any others while making your choices/doing what you do, then that's the best you can possibly be doing and it doesn't mean a squat of crap if you're straight edge of not.

If we're talking about the death of brain cells, then no, there's no scientific evidence about marijuana killing brain cells. There have been scientific studies on the subject, but the results were against this myth.

It kills the links between brain cells, not actual brain cells. This is true. My biology teacher has told me this. She even did mention that it's right that brain cells are not killed, but the links between them are, which is why it's called 'dope' cause the more you do it, the less concentration you can have.

(Ask my Bio teacher if you want to argue with this, it wasn't me who said it. XD)

actually..

Heavy marijuana use impairs a person's ability to form memories, recall events (see Marijuana, Memory, and the Hippocampus), and shift attention from one thing to another.8,33 THC also disrupts coordination and balance by binding to receptors in the cerebellum and basal ganglia, parts of the brain that regulate balance, posture, coordination of movement, and reaction time.11 Through its effects on the brain and body, marijuana intoxication can cause accidents. Studies show that approximately 6 to 11 percent of fatal accident victims test positive for THC. In many of these cases, alcohol is detected as well.34, 35, 36

http://www.nida.nih.gov/researchreports/marijuana/Marijuana3.html

yeah...so you literally become 'slow.'

Anyway, I this is not directed at Erin specifically, but the whole "sXe muthafuckers and I'm sooooo proud" attitude really pisses me off.

I drink, I smoke pot, and I intend to possibly take LSD more times, but I'm not proud of it, nor ashamed of it, it just is what it is, just what I want to do.

It's like some people say this to boost their self esteem because deep inside they feel pathetic.

I mean, I have pretty fucking terrible self esteem, you don't wanna know about it, but I'm not enough of a narcissistic jerk-off to have to go around flaunting shit about me.

Why not just not drink, not smoke, not take drugs not fuck outside relationships without giving yourself a stupid label?

Do I feel the need to go around calling myself "Bent Edge" because I drink, smoke marijuana and have engaged in sexual activity outside relationships?

I don't have a problem with straight edge people, that's the choice, but I hate it when militant/self righteous arrogant fuck heads tell me I'm an inferior person because I don't conform to the straight edge lifestyle.

Now, again, I'm not saying any of you here are like this, but in the event any of you are in fact, militant narrow minded straight edge people, I'd like you to reconsider your position and come to the realization you are not necessarily better than myself, or anyone else who does like to drink/smoke/take drugs etc.

If you really want to drink beer, go and do it, because if your friend judge you negatively for doing that, they aren't your friends.

Or on the reverse, if you want to follow the clean lifestyle, and your friends all want you to drink/take drugs but you don't want to, they aren't your friends.

At the end of the day, if you can think for yourself, your intelligent enough to make your own decisions and understand the risks and know how to minimize them, and don't harm any others while making your choices/doing what you do, then that's the best you can possibly be doing and it doesn't mean a squat of crap if you're straight edge of not.

"your intelligent" oh the irony. :P

I CLAIM STRAIGHT EDGE, YOU MAD AT ME? :shifty:

:P

Why would you be mad at people being straight edge to fit in...At least they're not smoking and drinking to fit in...That would be much worse. Just my opinion.

I think you've said what a lot of people are thinking. Respect.

"your intelligent" oh the irony. :P

I CLAIM STRAIGHT EDGE, YOU MAD AT ME? :shifty:

:P

Why would you be mad at people being straight edge to fit in...At least they're not smoking and drinking to fit in...That would be much worse. Just my opinion.

I would be mad (well more annoyed than mad really) because it means they are a part of the sheep/herd mentality followers.

Why is it any worse that someone starts smoking and drinking to fit in?

Either way, it proves person is a dumb fuck who is incapable of individual thought.

Maybe those kind of people don't piss you off, but they piss me off and they piss off many others.

Oh the irony, you should have used "you're" instead of "your":wink:

Nit picking and not total seriousness aside, yeah, you can be straight straight. As I said, I have no issues with those following that lifestyle.

Why not just say to someone asking you if you want a drink or cigarette "no" or "I don't drink/smoke".

Is that so hard, instead of having to explain to someone what straight edge is if they're aren't aware of what it means?

I can tell you now, a lot of people actually don't know what straight edge is, believe it or not.

Some people, unknowingly, follow that lifestyle, but when you ask them why are they straight edge, they just stare at you and say "huh?" because instead of having some stupid fucking label, they were just able to "be".

Sometimes I could be at a party, with 30 other people, everyone is getting trashed, and getting high, but on a particular night, maybe I don't feel like drinking.

If someone asks me if I want a drink and/or a bong, I just a say that I'm not drinking tonight and/ or smoking tonight. I don't say "I'm straight edge for the evening", fuck.

For thousands of years, people have most likely been abstaining from substances, alcohol, whatever, but suddenly in the last 25 or so years, if you follow that "clean" lifestyle, you are "straight edge".

Think about it, what was it called before then guys? There was none of this stupid straight edge labeling crap before Ian MacKaye coined the term sometime in the early 80s (yes, I do know my punk history).

Before then, the concept of straight edge didn't exist.

If any of you guys that have grandparents that didn't smoke, didn't drink, didn't fuck outside relationships, didn't do drugs, and you tell them "oh cool, you were straight edge", they aren't gonna have a fucking clue what that even means.

Even Ian MacKaye said he never intended to start a movement and has DENOUNCED straight edge.

If the founder of straight edge HIMSELF denouncing it doesn't tell you how fucking stupid it all is, then fuck me, I just don't know.

Do you know why he denounced it? BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING STUPID.

He still lives the lifestyle, but he doesn't need to label himself with a fucking stupid trendy word because he has GROWN UP AND MATURED and he probably realized just how embarrassing the whole straight edge culture really is.

Quite frankly, most of the people I've met in real life that preach "straight edge" are just narrow minded cunts with small dick syndrome that need to flaunt their "coolness" to make themselves feel big and feel above others.

I respect someones decision to life that lifestyle, even if I don't.

Why can't they just respect my decisions too?

They can't because they are fucking elitist, narrow minded fuckwits.

It's the same as I don't particularly like Lady Gaga's music (I actually think it's quite fucking terrible if I must be truthful) but others might like it so at least I respect it's their taste in music .

Have you bothered to notice, after a certain age, people that used to talk about being straight edge that are now in their 30s that still follow that lifestyle never ever say they are straight edge anymore?

It's because they came to realize what a fucking stupid movement it is and they learnt to be just "be".

If more people just learnt to be themselves, not follow any stupid movements and stupid trends, this whole world would be better off.

Unfortunately, being 2009, many of us we have to live in a state of fear, a fear to be who you are, and only you, hence why we just see people just blindly following others.

It shouldn't have to be that way at all, but a lot of people just don't get it.

For those of us living in the free world, in 1st world country democracies like where I live, the US, Canada, the UK, or wherever, don't take it for fucking granted that you can say as you want and that you don't have to follow others because no one is going to persecute you for just being yourself.

People have the opportunity to be themselves and I think they should take that opportunity.

Well, the term "straight edge" has loosened up a lot since it's invention, kinda like how "screamo" nowadays means anything with an angry man and a microphone. I think there's a very clear line between the actual sXe movement and the people who just use the word because it's a lot faster way of saying "I don't do this and that and blahblahblah..." and really, I think the word's convenient and I don't mind people using it even if they are not tattooing Xs to their foreheads and whatnot. Not everyone is using it to feel better about themselves or above everyone else.

you are the perfect example of what a person who smokes weeds can be like despite what everyone thinks.

everyone always thinks people that smoke have no life, are going no where in life, will be nothing, are bad people, etc... and thats really not true at all.

"Everyone always" is kind of a broad term don't you think? I can't recall meeting anyone who still thinks that marijuana smokers will automatically end up in the ditch.

Marijuana is a mild hallucinogen, and like Jorgi and Harry said, its effects on users can vary drastically from one user to the next. Hell, marijuana isn't even physically addictive like regular cigarettes.

It kills the links between brain cells, not actual brain cells. This is true. My biology teacher has told me this. She even did mention that it's right that brain cells are not killed, but the links between them are, which is why it's called 'dope' cause the more you do it, the less concentration you can have.

(Ask my Bio teacher if you want to argue with this, it wasn't me who said it. XD)

actually..

http://www.nida.nih.gov/researchreports/marijuana/Marijuana3.html

yeah...so you literally become 'slow.'

Indeed, indeed. I'm going to argue with your biology teacher, though, by saying that marijuana does not KILL links between brain cells. The effect wears off once the "trip" is over, and by that, I mean there's no permanent damage done to the brain (actually, latest studies show that primates are capable of regenerating neurons, as opposed to what most of us were probably taught at school). That said, the carbon monoxide that you inhale with the smoke does kill brain cells, but then again, you're probably losing brain cells at a faster rate just by taking a walk in town and inhaling the exhaust fumes and such. I just felt the need to clear out the difference between "becoming slow" and "damaging your brain".

Oh, and like Christa said: this is gooooood.

Pekka, just stfu and agree with me:rotfl:

The Carbon Monoxide is is only likely to kill brain cells if there is too much of it in your blood stream anyway. I severely doubt the carbon monoxide produced from one bong session/one joint/one cigarette is enough to actually cause any damage. You'd have to be smoking it constantly and constantly. Most bong users tend to take a hit, wait a bit, and take another hit. And well any smoker generally waits in between hits/drags anyway, unless they are weirdo.

And hell, since doing it's illegal, I tend to just smoke it in people's garages or whatever, so it's not like I'm combining it with the severe CO levels of a busy traffic intersection.

I have smoked it in public before though, it was a lot of fun:rotfl:

People that participate in smoking competitions (I doubt they hold these anymore, but I know they had these in Australia a while ago) tend to become several brain damaged or even die because they have either severe amounts of CO or just pure CO in the blood.

I'd argue it's far less harmful than alcohol.

Marijuana only really causes significant effects in people that either have, or are predisposed to certain conditions, like schizophrenia or allergies or are allergic to the chemical THC (which is pretty much the shiz that gets you high) or various other conditions (that I'm not really aware of).

But some people can smoke it in seemingly excessive quantities (like, 20 joints a day or whatever) and be pretty fine and lead great lives.

Whereas on the other hand, alcohol is pretty much universally dangerous in excess quantities. It doesn't matter if you're the healthiest person alive with no predispositions to anything, alcohol WILL fuck you up if you drink too much of it.

I know people YOUNGER than me already with quite bad liver damage from drinking, I kid you not.

I also know people (2 girls) that were alcoholics before the age of 16 (they are both 18 now and sadly they are both girls I either dated or had a short term open relationship fling with and I used to get drunk with them quite a lot), and just from speaking to one of themt, you can tell she a little "slow" compared to most people of their age.

They have pretty much fucked up short term memory too.

Alcoholism ain't pretty, that's for sure.

It wont stop me from drinking, but I drink quite moderately these days (most days I only have about one or 2 beers when I drink, it's rare when I'll binge nowadays).

i have smoked weed. I haven't smoked in over a year and i've only done it a handful of times. Would i do it again, absolutely. I have horrible panic attacks and smoking works better than any of the meds i have ever been on. I feel so calm when i'm on it, my anxiety is gone.

I can relate to this quite well.

I have an anxiety issue, which I assume is full blown anxiety disorder since it just wont go away.

I've never actually been on meds for anxiety, but every time I get stoned, I get so amazingly relaxed.

Honestly, if I wasn't unemployed and so obsessed with wanting to save up for new things guitar related, I'd smoke it pretty much almost daily, it seems nothing but therapeutic for me.

I'd argue it's far less harmful than alcohol.

Marijuana only really causes significant effects in people that either have, or are predisposed to certain conditions, like schizophrenia or allergies or are allergic to the chemical THC (which is pretty much the shiz that gets you high) or various other conditions (that I'm not really aware of).

But some people can smoke it in seemingly excessive quantities (like, 20 joints a day or whatever) and be pretty fine and lead great lives.

Whereas on the other hand, alcohol is pretty much universally dangerous in excess quantities. It doesn't matter if you're the healthiest person alive with no predispositions to anything, alcohol WILL fuck you up if you drink too much of it.

I know people YOUNGER than me already with quite bad liver damage from drinking, I kid you not.

I also know people (2 girls) that were alcoholics before the age of 16 (they are both 18 now and sadly they are both girls I either dated or had a short term open relationship fling with and I used to get drunk with them quite a lot), and just from speaking to one of themt, you can tell she a little "slow" compared to most people of their age.

They have pretty much fucked up short term memory too.

Alcoholism ain't pretty, that's for sure.

It wont stop me from drinking, but I drink quite moderately these days (most days I only have about one or 2 beers when I drink, it's rare when I'll binge nowadays).

yeah i agree with you. I used to drink alot when i was younger and the fact that i couldn't remember alot of things that i did still bothers me. The times that i was stoned-even stoned out of my mind i still remember everything. I just felt chill. But i don't drink now, maybe a little bit every now and then but yeah..my Aunt's an alcoholic and she has cirrhosis of the liver..not cool

I can relate to this quite well.

I have an anxiety issue, which I assume is full blown anxiety disorder since it just wont go away.

I've never actually been on meds for anxiety, but every time I get stoned, I get so amazingly relaxed.

Honestly, if I wasn't unemployed and so obsessed with wanting to save up for new things guitar related, I'd smoke it pretty much almost daily, it seems nothing but therapeutic for me.

yeah, i know the feeling. I have anxiety disorder and OCD. You might want to try meds, they may work for you. I'm actually seeing a new psychiatrist and i'm trying some new meds right now that are starting to work but yeah...i'd rather smoke some weed

yeah, i know the feeling. I have anxiety disorder and OCD. You might want to try meds, they may work for you. I'm actually seeing a new psychiatrist and i'm trying some new meds right now that are starting to work but yeah...i'd rather smoke some weed

I also have OCD, or least, it's borderline OCD. But I've noticed that's pretty common for people with anxiety to also have OCD, or OCD like tendencies.

I think I need to at least try meds, you're right.

• Like 1

I also have OCD, or least, it's borderline OCD. But I've noticed that's pretty common for people with anxiety to also have OCD, or OCD like tendencies.

I think I need to at least try meds, you're right.

yeah i think it is common too, OCD has ruined my life but i think i've finally found someone that can help me.

i think you should, honestly you should. They do help.

yeah i think it is common too, OCD has ruined my life but i think i've finally found someone that can help me.

i think you should, honestly you should. They do help.

Since this is getting off topic, do you mind if I PM you sometime and ask about some stuff, regarding anxiety?

Harry, carbon monoxide kills your brain cells (geez, I first typed it as "brian cells") by attaching to the hemoglobin in your blood circulation and replacing oxygen. But like you said (and like I said), it's not enough to cause any real damage to your brain, moderately used.

I agree that alcohol is more dangerous and more difficult to control. The only reason why alcohol and tobacco are legal is probably due to the status they hold in our society. :/

I LOVE CONFRONTATION.

anyway to be back on topic vaguely, and i'm really sorry if this offends you chris (the_relic) but i pretty much always assumed you smoked d'erb ? not in a bad way, believe me, like, i swear you've made a good few references to it before ? ah i dunno.

i maintain the opinion it's not the substance that treats you, it's how you treat the substance to whether or not it has a good/bad effect.

Not to say this means you're saying I am but...I will answer this with a "I never said I didn't smoke weed" :D:shifty:

:shifty:

........Anyway, This thread is actually doing good. I started smoking cigarettes as well a few months ago. Iiiiit was coming. Relaxes me after a session.

Lately I've been pretty chill. 8-) but it's certainly bad for my health. I mean weed does indeed make you forget and it makes you lazy...hungry...and it wastes money.

Let's be honest: you can't really expect to get a decent two-sided conversation out of a board primarily made up of young, christian girls.

But this one aint turned out too bad.

As for me, I don't smoke it. Doesn't mean I haven't, but I just can't be bothered unless someone else wants to buy it and roll it. I smoke cigs and Sheesha, but I'm even cutting down smoking to when I drink...

i actually laughed

soo true

My religion, sex, and drug threads?? Just cos I'm not on often dont mean I never was ;)

it really is. brought a tear to my eye.

See above, foo'

i haven't tried it and i don't plan on ever trying it. idk, i mean, what's the point? most people i know do drugs and get drunk on a regular basis and that's fine i don't really care but that's just not for me. no offense to anybody but i feel like there are better ways to spend my time. plus, i don't want to do anything that is bad for me. i long, healthy life sounds good to me...oh yeah and it's illegal here.

No offense, but you can't say "whats the point" when you havent experienced it. However your second point is basically how I feel most of the time....and better ways to spend money. e.g. hookers and coke