Ozzy Osbourne

Iggy Pop

Alice Cooper

Fergie (Black Eyed Peas)

Cypress Hill

Nicole Scherzinger (Pussycat Dolls)

Dave Grohl

Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave)

Duff McKagan (Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, Loaded)

Lemmy (Motorhead)

Steven Adler (Guns N Roses)

Adam Levine

Andrew Stockdale (Wolfmother)

M.Shadows (Avenged Sevenfold)

Kid Rock

Ian Astbury (The Cult)

Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge)

Rocco De Luca

Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)

Travis Barker (Blink 182, +44)

Billy Idol

Album is out officially 10th May, but Classic Rock magazine are offering a limited edition version which will be released 7th April a full month before the official release.

Monkee dude you're a dick cause I was just about to do this. but then you're also cool at the same time because you just did this.

Can't wait for the album. This is going to be like Velvet Revolver but not gay so so looking forward to it.

Honestly, I think it's going to absolutely suck except for maybe a few alright songs.

Slash is a fairly good guitarist, but he was never a particularly good song writer on his own (the whole Snakepit thing which was largely written by Slash displayed some pretty poor song writing skills). He's a team player that was involved with some awesome songs with Guns 'N' Roses, but probably wont work so well as a solo artist.

Can't say I'm a fan of all the artists who are featuring as guests.

Ozzy Osbourne has been a parody of himself for the last 10 years now.

Alice Cooper, again, has also been a parody of himself for a long time.

Kid Rock? Who even likes Kid Rock? I don't know anyone that does:rotfl:

A chick from the Pussy Cat Dolls? Just no, fuck.

Fergie is just ughhh.

I dig Cypress Hill, but I can't picture anything good coming out out of a hip hop group collaborating with a guitarist who's roots are in blues rock.

However, I've always been in awe of Dave Grohl's talents (even if I haven't always been a fan of all the stuff he's done) and look forward to what he can bring to the table.

Hopefully Chris Cornell can somewhat redeem himself after the extremely embarrassing R'n'B (and fuck knows what else genres) album he put out last year (I don't know anyone that liked that album).

He's a great talent and again, I hope he can bring something cool to the table

Honestly, I think it's going to absolutely suck except for maybe a few alright songs.

Slash is a fairly good guitarist, but he was never a particularly good song writer on his own (the whole Snakepit thing which was largely written by Slash displayed some pretty poor song writing skills). He's a team player that was involved with some awesome songs with Guns 'N' Roses, but probably wont work so well as a solo artist.

Fergie is just ughhh.

I dig Cypress Hill, but I can't picture anything good coming out out of a hip hop group collaborating with a guitarist who's roots are in blues rock.

However, I've always been in awe of Dave Grohl's talents (even if I haven't always been a fan of all the stuff he's done) and look forward to what he can bring to the table.

Hopefully Chris Cornell can somewhat redeem himself after the extremely embarrassing R'n'B (and fuck knows what else genres) album he put out last year (I don't know anyone that liked that album).

lmao calm down asshole.

You know what? i actually liked the paradise city cover. Fergie definitely can sing and I'll admit that but am not a fan of hers at a whim.

I'm not a fan of Pussycat Dolls or Black Eyed Peas, but I'm willing to give them a chance on this album because it's a rock album.

And Slash did an interview in Classic Rock magazine saying that people are complaining cause he's got female pop singers on the album, but he said Fergie is really good on the song she's on and he said that "pop divas are on the way out, rock chicks are coming back".

Ozzy isn't what he used to be no, but there were still one or two good tracks on the "Black Rain" album. Alice Cooper I haven't heard anything new from him in about 5 years, but then I still thought it was pretty good (albeit just one song I heard). And Lemmy still rocks hard.

I think what makes me look forward to this album is that there's a lot of "old guys" coming together on one album, and a lot of new bands that are popular these days can learn a hell of a lot from them. Rock doesn't seem to have that "edge" today that it did all those years ago.

Black Rain had good songs? Fuck me, I must have missed them, because I heard 3 songs off that album and deleted it off my comp lol.

Same old Ozzy crap with the same annoying Zakk Wylde fucking guitar solos (pentatonic run, random diminished scale run that doesn't fit in the musical context, pinch harmonics, repeat).

As well as Zakk riffs that have pinch harmonics every 16 seconds, fuck.

If you play the drinking game "Take a shot each time Zakk does a pinch harmonic" you'll be on the floor wasted off your nut in about 20 minutes.

Yeah Wylde is actually boring. it's like "okay we get it you're good and can execute that pinch noise you do at least once in every solo" and ozzy's voice is just no longer good. I want to hear the range he had before but of course that's impossible now. Well he could maybe get his old range back but he hasn't and his tone has also thickened.

If Slash makes the arrangements more commercial I swear this album is guaranteed to be a success. If he decides just to show off his skill again it'll just be a rock album. Like a regular ol rock album.

Screw you Harry, Kid Rock has made one of the most badass songs of our time. >:o

I really don't know what to think of this yet, sounds like it'll have something for everybody. :/ I'm still curious to hear what many of these artists will sound like when taken out of their "context", though, but these kinds of "all-star" -albums tend to sound gimmicky and not coherent at all.

Fergie is just ughhh.

*Pussycat Dolls.

And she has a really good voice. So you, calm down.

Nichole Scherzinger has a fairly good voice, despite what it sounds like when tuned to 100% perfection and surrounded with the music that is Pussycat Dolls. Chris Cornell, on the other hand...I can't picture him singing Slaves & Bulldozers live ever again, he's done.

Chris Cornell has probably royaly fucked his voice, I dunno.

But at any rate, I don't care if Nichole Scherzinger has a good voice, it doesn't validate her as a good and creative artist.

How many of the songs the Pussy Cat Dolls have done are actually written by them? Not many, if the credits are anything to go by.

I don't care if you have the best voice in the world, if you lack the talent to write your own music and need a song writer and/or producer to do the bulk of the work, you shouldn't be in the music industry.

It should be left to REAL fucking artists who actually know how to write their own stuff.

Everyone here by now probably knows I hate all pop music of that "external song writer/producer writing all the stuff/most of the stuff" variety.

Anyway, while I'm here and while I'm yet to fully sober up from a night of hanging out with people:

This rules. I'm not the biggest fan of Slash's playing, but this solo RULES.

But at any rate, I don't care if Nichole Scherzinger has a good voice, it doesn't validate her as a good and creative artist.

How many of the songs the Pussy Cat Dolls have done are actually written by them? Not many, if the credits are anything to go by.

I don't care if you have the best voice in the world, if you lack the talent to write your own music and need a song writer and/or producer to do the bulk of the work, you shouldn't be in the music industry.

It should be left to REAL fucking artists who actually know how to write their own stuff.

Everyone here by now probably knows I hate all pop music of that "external song writer/producer writing all the stuff/most of the stuff" variety.

Anyway, while I'm here and while I'm yet to fully sober up from a night of hanging out with people:

Only problem then though would be that you'd have people with good songwriting ability but no singing ability. There has to be a middle ground. I generally don't like female singers because the music they sing to 90% of the time is crap.

If Slash wants her to sing on the album, then he can have her. I'm not expecting her to write her parts. Nichole is a songwriter as well, though, and probably not the best example of someone who shouldn't be in the industry. Goes to show how much you know about her or Taylor Swift (like you said in that other thread). They might be not be writing the kind of music that you want to hear, but fuck, let them do their thing.