Emergency video THE REAL VIDEO

i really despise MTV and in a way i would be kind of sad if they played their videos, although it would be awesome for the band... its one of those crazy things where you know the band deserves all the fame they can get, but at the same time it would be great if they remained kind of unpopular because we feel closer to them as a smaller fan base.

yaknow

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really despise MTV and in a way i would be kind of sad if they played their videos' date=' although it would be awesome for the band... its one of those crazy things where you know the band deserves all the fame they can get, but at the same time it would be great if they remained kind of unpopular because we feel closer to them as a smaller fan base.

yaknow[/quote']

couldn't have said it better myself. thats exactly what i was thinking when i saw them on mtv. i was kinda upset, but happy for the band. and i remember looking at their myspace the week they were on tv, and all the comments were like 'hey! i saw you on mtv...." but since then, they have wayy more fans.

but at the same time it would be great if they remained kind of unpopular because we feel closer to them as a smaller fan base.

^ very true.

MTV is still huge for band exposure...yeah, there will be new fans who find the band, but you can't assume they're all poseurs or whatever just because they're just finding out about Paramore now...some of them will be great people, just like the folks on these boards.

So, yeah, you can count me in the group that would LOVE to see Paramore on MTV. They can't stay our little band forever - and I want them to have all the success they deserve.

i really despise MTV and in a way i would be kind of sad if they played their videos' date=' although it would be awesome for the band... its one of those crazy things where you know the band deserves all the fame they can get, but at the same time it would be great if they remained kind of unpopular because we feel closer to them as a smaller fan base.

yaknow[/quote']

I agree with you completely .. as much as I dislike MTV it will be SO good for Paramore to get on there. Plus, it would be pretty damn cool to turn on the TV and see Paramore on TRL hehe. If Paramore started playing TRL i might have to be one of the lame fans standing in Times Sq. screaming up at the MTV studios hahaa

you see, this is my view, I bet that if paramore ended up on MTV and got like huige all of a sudden you would all take that stuff about being happy back, beucase then EVERYONE would know them and listen to their music and I bet you wouldn't like it as much as you think you would.

No I wouldn't take it back. It's selfish to want Paramore all for yourself. Reguardless of whether I would like everyone knowing Paramore or not it doesn't matter. It would be awesome for them so I would be happy. If it was all about me yes I would want them to stay small forever so they can keep having intimate shows buuut it's not.

^ nah I wouldn't change my mind b/c that would be better for them .. unless they want to stay small but from what I've heard in interviews they don't ... and I didn't mean for it to come across as me saying you are selfish .. i didn't mean that

yeah I know what you are saying... i guess jarrod and I just have dif. opinions than you guys, which is fine.