Emergency video THE REAL VIDEO

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i just like the way pressure was filmed alot more. Specifically the angles of the camera and the different close ups and shots. I liked how at various points in the video too you get a shot of the psi gauge slowly increasing it just fit really well with the overall theme of the song' date=' and so this new video just doesnt hit my like that one did.[/quote']

See, I think that video was just way too "on the nose." It was too literal for me...yeah, it fit the song, but it didn't really add anything to the song, imo.

I love this video because it takes the song in a completely different direction and gives it multiple new interpretations...

I agree completely.

When I was listening to "Emergency" today, I really thought about the song in a way that I hadn't before, the video really added another level of enjoyment to the song, for me.

I think i just like the way pressure was filmed alot more. Specifically the angles of the camera and the different close ups and shots. I liked how at various points in the video too you get a shot of the psi gauge slowly increasing it just fit really well with the overall theme of the song' date=' and so this new video just doesnt hit my like that one did.[/quote']

See, I think that video was just way too "on the nose." It was too literal for me...yeah, it fit the song, but it didn't really add anything to the song, imo.

I love this video because it takes the song in a completely different direction and gives it multiple new interpretations...

I agree completely.

Well to be honest her lyrics arnt that deep or confusing in the first place.

I think that the director of this music video is Shane Drake. Is it ?

Yep...he's also the guy IN the video - the one who comes into the room and throws the carnation at Hayley' date=' then "directs" the video within the video...[/quote']

I didnt really like that part.

i don't get why like' date=' both the videos have been taken down.

do you think the users have been told to take them down by someone =S ?[/quote']

Could be some copyright issues, could just be that the band/record label doesn't want the video to be released.

I know that 19 Management always made Youtube users remove American Idol videos during last season. They were very strict about it.

do you think the users have been told to take them down by someone =S ?[/quote']

Could be some copyright issues, could just be that the band/record label doesn't want the video to be released.

I know that 19 Management always made Youtube users remove American Idol videos during last season. They were very strict about it.

Hmm.. that might be something that happened with the Emergency video then.

saw it earlier and didn't have a chance to post my opinion...

i liked it. i am not a fan of videos that you just take at face value. this one makes you think. i personally love when a work of art (a painting, a poem, a music video...) is left up to interpretation. i like when you can get what you get out of it while the person sitting next to you has a completely different view.

my personal view is that it is about the pushy industry. (i am so unique, i know.) every musician experiences this. it is hard not to give in, and whether you do or you don't, you are left scarred in some way.

just a thought.

did they get in a car accident or something?

What? I'm confused...what are you referring to?

As for why the video has been taken down in a number of places, I'm assuming that's because the band doesn't want it released yet.

Yeah i'm thinking so..

But, then why did ---site deleted--- have it up?

Maybe they weren't supposed to put it up yet, but it seems like a site like that wouldn't put up a video if they didn't have the bands permission.

As for why the video has been taken down in a number of places' date=' I'm assuming that's because the band doesn't want it released yet.[/quote']

wait what car accident?...i'm a bit lost too

Yeah i'm thinking so..

But, then why did ---site deleted--- have it up?

Maybe they weren't supposed to put it up yet, but it seems like a site like that wouldn't put up a video if they didn't have the bands permission.

That's a good question...but I'm almost 100% positive that the band did NOT want this released yet. As to why they put it up, I have no idea. Could be a mistake; could be that they did it without their permission.

Either way, we're not posting the links to it and we'll be deleting any posts that have links to it unless we hear from the band that it's ok to post it.

As for why the video has been taken down in a number of places' date=' I'm assuming that's because the band doesn't want it released yet.[/quote']

wait what car accident?...i'm a bit lost too

amen. I'm lost, also