Brand New

conspiracy

• 5 weeks later...

Album is no where near finished. Jesse really likes 6 or 7 tracks. Vin may be singing on this album - which makes it the first Brand New release to have someone other than Jesse singing vocals.

The band are approaching it in a more relaxed manner. Last time, they tried to be serious and it just ended up causing arguments. It's also being recorded in a basement, presumably Mike Sapone's basement. Mike Sapone being the producer who produced YFW and TDAG. Also done the first two TBS releases and all of the Straylight Run releases amongst others. Well respected man in the LI scene and I, for one, am very glad he is doing another Brand New record.

If it is him:p

• 2 weeks later...

Lee, some BN stuff:

Looney Tunes Signed Poster - $85.00

Fall Tour 07 Poster - $65.00

Blue YFW Vinyl - $140.00

Japanese YFW CD with my 9 rides - $45.00

Deja Vinyl - $65.00

Sic Transit Vinyl - $35.00

Jesus Vinyl - $20.00

I know a guy selling those, prices are negotiable, he got into some trouble with the law and has to sell them. They're also about the going rates for those goods on eBay if you have anything there and want to put it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Excerpt from interview with, fellow Long Island band, Crime in Stereo! (<3)

"Have you heard any of the new Brand New record?

I have.

What do you think?

It's gonna be great. They're a great band. They only put out great records. They're doing vocals now, I guess, and that's it. So hopefully they wrap it up in the next couple of months so we can get in there and start working on our new jams."

YES. YES. JAMES, GET THE 3RD ALBUM NOW. YES.

Exactly! But those are the best kind of albums. One's that grow on you. That shit's intense if you play it through up full with a good pair of earphones in.

I'll admit first few months it was out, I'd wholly agree with you regarding best tracks. Didn't like the album at first, love it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, Ross will be pleased 8-)

So I downloaded "Deja Entendu" and I love it.

Basically I liked 'The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows' and 'Sic Transit Gloria' when they came out, but back then I wasn't a downloader of music ;-) so never got the album and forgot about the band. Until I heard really good things about "The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me" when it came out so I downloaded it and I didn't "get it" if you know what I mean. Then something reminded me of 'The Quiet Things..' the other day so I downloaded Deja Entendu.

I still have "The Devil And God..." album (I think) so I plan on digging it out now that I've heard some of the slower stuff on Deja Entendu.

But yeah, quality band.

Hahaha.

Did you shite yourself first time through Luca? At the bit where it goes dead quiet; like down to a whisper then roars back to life? I fucking love that bit!:mrgreen:

Seriously, it scared me more than any horror film or rollercoaster lol

WHy is it that now I've got into Devil And God, every other band seems.... inadequate compared to Brand New?

Seriously, it scared me more than any horror film or rollercoaster lol

WHy is it that now I've got into Devil And God, every other band seems.... inadequate compared to Brand New?

I know! Luca is crazy, not as scary live unfortunately. Still damn good though.

And it only gets worse as bands get worse and worse.

Also, Brand New not getting any exposure for TDAG is not going to change for album 4. So they'll still stay below the mainstream again.