Hayley sounds like a boy??

haha thats kinda funny :P

but I see why your parents think she sounds like a boy. my sister also thinks she sorta sounds like a boy when she speaks in shows.

like what hannah said, hayley does have a deeper voice than most girls, but there's nothing wrong with that :P cause im like that too

I guess why we love her singing so much is partly because her voice is different from other female singers

hayley's talking voice reminds me of that girl that plays Romy from Romy & Michele's High SChool Reunion (idk why but i love that movie) but im pretty sure her name is mira sorvino. but hayleys voice is better. ha!

but i like hayleys talking vooice. (nonetheless singing voice)

its unique.

She sings very well! I totally love her voice and no, I don't think she sounds like a boy except on this video :

listen to the last part where she said "WOOO" then clapped lol I dunno if it's just me, but she sounds different on that one. But still like her :P haha
  • Like 1

I do agree that Hayley's voice is a LOT lower than most female singers out there. The fact that she can go both high AND low, AND still sing really strong makes her even more unique.

When she sings really low, I think I can sort of understand why people think it sounds like a little boy. It's not a bad thing or anything, I can just understand it. Keep in mind that little boys do often sound like girls anyways, since their voices haven't matured yet, so it doesn't really matter.

This just adds to her style.

my dad thought that paramore was an all guys band. until he saw the pressure vid. he had to look twice at the screen and then he asked me "thats a girl right?!" and i was like "YESSSS!!!"... obviouslly he hasn't seen the HUGE paramore poster in my room that's right above my bed!!! ohh goshh my parents are clue less when it comes to my interests.. lol.

i can see some parents thinking Hayley was a guy because there was some male singers in like the 70's who's voices were EXTREMELY high. like girly high.

and on the summer tic ep she sorta does sound like a guy. like a 14 year old boy. my friend was like "wait...is this paramore? or some weird cover?"

She has a deep speaking voice (for a girl) which is the kind that I think is attractive and also gives her a fuller singing voice. She learned SLS (speech level singing) from Bret Manning over in nashville who use to be a certified SLS instructor but broke off the chain to... well, make more money I guess lol. (SLS was originated by a guy named Seth Riggs; a vocal god who has taught more than 100 grammy award winning artists) I've been taking vocal lessons for a while (w/ a SLS certified teacher) and I can only say its made me appreciate paramore more... she slides up in and out of her middle voice so seamlessly you can't even tell.