OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

So...I downloaded it and decided not to listen to it...but that didn't exactly work out.

I like it,I'm not sure I love it yet but it certainly has not let me down.

Miracle,When It Rains and Let The Flames Begin stand out to me.

I really was expecting something a little more edgier...well a lot edgier but I like it...I just need to have a good listen to it

You picked the best 3 [:

So...I downloaded it and decided not to listen to it...but that didn't exactly work out.

I like it,I'm not sure I love it yet but it certainly has not let me down.

Miracle,When It Rains and Let The Flames Begin stand out to me.

I really was expecting something a little more edgier...well a lot edgier but I like it...I just need to have a good listen to it

You gave in?

BADBADBAD! :P

From my 1st time listening to it I really like it. Although I can tell they were confused on what to do with this album, that's for sure. To me all the album sounds different. Maybe it's more pop-like sound, but that's more cause of all the effects. They added in A LOT of effects. crushcrushcrush is incredible and seemed like they had a lot of fun with that one. We Are Broken I really liked it and it's probably the softest song on the album (in sound) compared to everything else. Closest to that is When It Rains. The main point of the album is for us and to enjoy it. (meaning live) RIOT! okay they say full of emotions and that's what I think we got. It's all over the place and very entertaining.

Now to compare to AWKIF is pretty tough to be honest. I mean some can give a straight up opinion and say it's worse than the previous album, but some might say it's even better. Some might be confused and aren't sure yet cause it's not even really out. I personally think it's amazing and I give Paramore huge respect for what they've done. Whenever the 3rd album comes out I'm sure it'll be even more amazing. Cause they keep growing and learning more day by day, so they learn new things. As do well all of course, but Paramore is Paramore, and they are a wonderful band to watch and listen to. They deserve to be where they are right now.

I've been a fan since pretty much the start, so yeah, I was scared, and this seems WAYYY too pop for me, but my god it's amazing so far. I'm still a little worried that radio/mtv will kill them, but I'll be loyal the whole way down, lol...

i agree. with the whole radio/mtv killing the band. and the ppl too who brag about how they know the band inside and out. but yet they can only name the song that got popular.

but yeah..cant wait for riot to come out!!!

We're not going to tolerate bashing the band or particular songs. If you don't like a song, say why - don't just say it's horrid and leave it at that. Let's have open discussions around why people like or dislike songs.

i don't think anyone has actually bashed the band in anyway.

and tbh i did say why i didnt like We are broken. In my opinion it is a horrid song. that is my reason.

i didnt just "bash" them i said when it rains was good and that i was going to try and let it grow on me.

this forum cant just be for praising the band we aren't gonna like everything they do all the time.

there has to be some room for criticism as well:/

Words can't explain how much I love this album. Even though i downloaded it, on tuesday im driving all over the place to get all the exclusives. This morning I was listening to the cd ont he way to school and It hit me how amazing it was and I got the chills, it was wierd.

so after hearing this album, im very happy. Firstly though, if i was to pick a fault, wish it wasnt so poppy, but its still all excellent. Especially Pessimist, i liked the live version, but the recorded sounds alot more poppy to me. But even though its poppy its great. Pessimist is one of my faves, along with crushcrushcrush, up tempo, catchy songs. When it rains is just beautiful, and thats what you get is another fave, not sure why they have added the wierd sounding intro to misery business though, and the extra line in born for this did make me laugh. but all in all, a great album, not as good as AWKIF for me, but thats not sayin much, as AWKIF is my favourite album of all time, so it was always going to be hard for me to like RIOT! as much, but it is soo great, cant wait to buy it and hear these bonus tracks