OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

Okay, so I just listened to That's What You Get all the way through...

And it's good, don't get me wrong, but it's SO REPETITIVE!

And it SCREAMS bubblegum pop.

Sigh...

agreed. I absolutely LOVE how it's so dance-y cause songs that make me move is a big plus, but nearing the end of the song she just kept saying 'thats what you get when you let your heart win' and it got kinda annoying. but still the overall song just makes me sooo happy! I enjoy bubblegum pop music 0=]

Personally, I love it all.

My only fault with all we know is falling is that along of the songs had the same kinda vibe going on in them and all the tracks on RIOT! sound so different. My favourites probably crushcrushcrush.

I completely agree! Like I know some people who couldn't tell the difference between Emergency, Pressure and Brighter. They thought it sounded all similiar (that's not saying I think that though :P)

^ no it doesnt

one song yeah maybe

but panic! could never pull off When It Rains or Let The Flames Begin

lol

yeah just fences. it could be worse, it seems like more and more bands are going for panic style with millions of different things going on in their songs. it gets kind of annoying. basic songs with meaningful lyrics are always the best songs.

Why does everyone compare bands to Panic? There are so many bands out there that put out songs that sound similar to Fences and other songs.

I just hate that people point out the [now] most over-liked teenie band.

yeah just fences. it could be worse, it seems like more and more bands are going for panic style with millions of different things going on in their songs. it gets kind of annoying. basic songs with meaningful lyrics are always the best songs.

mm but look how panic are?

=S

i actually love crushcrushcrush btw

its amazin

panic got really popular off doing what they do, and it just seems like other bands are trying to capitalize on that.

Panic are weird, I have no idea why anyone else would even think of trying to be like them.

Yeah for sure they hit it big for a bit.. but its not like they stayed in the charts or anything.. they got old purrtty fast

Panic are weird, I have no idea why anyone else would even think of trying to be like them.

Yeah for sure they hit it big for a bit.. but its not like they stayed in the charts or anything.. they got old purrtty fast.

yeah, i can't imagine what their next album will be like. they'll have to get really creative. and even then it might be hard to keep what they do fresh. who knows. bands surprise me all the time.

panic got really popular off doing what they do, and it just seems like other bands are trying to capitalize on that.

well said

and yeah, tbh Fences is a great song and okay, so it may sound a lil panic-like but i mean, they are trying something new

and it does work for them

i love fences

well said

and yeah, tbh Fences is a great song and okay, so it may sound a lil panic-like but i mean, they are trying something new

and it does work for them

i love fences

yeah, i don't mean to make it seem like i'm crucifying bands for trying something new or anything. all i can really do about is say i don't like it and not listen to it, but i'd rather try to give it a chance. i mean fall out boy tried something different and it worked out pretty well.

I think fences is made the way it is to hide the sadness of the song.

If you read the lyrics, the song is actually pretty sad. The upbeat melody is (maybe) done like that on purpose.

Reading through the lyrics, a lot of the songs are kinda sad :\

I think maybe Hayley was going through a bad patch or something.

i tried to resist it but i have listened to it, well i'm listening to it now. that's what you get, it's so catchy! :] i don't really see the problem with downloading it cos i'm gonna buy the cd when it comes out so.........

question: did they re-record hallelujah? it sounds a little bit different.

I'm maybe 25% disappointed. Some songs I loved instantly, like Fences and crushcrushcrush. Honestly, I just skip Misery Business and Born For This, as I've already heard those two so many times. It's different, yeah, but it'll definitely grow on me. I'm betting it'll grow on most of us, eventually. It may not be the CD we were expecting, or wanting, for some people. But it's catchy, and they're obviously trying something new. I'm personally glad it wasn't another AWKiF. We all know and love that CD, but I bet we all would have been just as disappointed if this CD was an exact copy of AWKiF. I know I would have been.

Honestly, I can see what most of the reviews meant. But I still love RIOT!, even though some of the songs still haven't grown on me.. Not too crazy about the slower songs right now. But I'm sure I'll like them after five or six listenings. :) I think most of the songs should be pretty awesome live.. I'm sure they'll speed some of the slower songs up a bit, or at least make them a little more My Heart-ish. :P And they'll sound less pop live :) Can't wait to hear crushcrushcrush live :D

i thought they did. i've nearly listened to it all now, it's so good. i don't feel it's fair if we compare it to AWKIF cos they've changed a lot since then so it wouldn't be fair. i haven't listened to crushcrushcrush yet but my friend said it is the best song on the album.

i think i prefer the original version of hallelujah.

Yeah, same. I like that the old version wasn't perfect. I like how hayley's voice cracked a bit a few times. When that wasn't there in this one, I was like :(

It's a good song though for sure, like, both of them are.

now i've already pre-ordered the cd for when it comes out on june 25 but i've burned all the songs onto a cd now. but i've already pre-ordered it so that makes it ok i think.

question: who's singing 'we want the airwaves back' on born for this? is it josh?