OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

They're definitely going for mainstream, and you can tell.

this sux.

the albulm is disappionting every one.

i think they might lose too many of there fans and gain too many new ones..

now seeing them this last tour was great.

it was the last of the old paramore.

but i gotta see them at warped still.

just to see

Well, I'm not saying I don't like it. I like it a lot. But it's definitely different. And I don't think I'll ever get the chance to see 'small' Paramore.. I reckon they're gonna take off here before they come (if they do).

I think the reason I am so disappointed is because I had heard so many tracks previously.. like, I had heard For a Pessimist, Misery Business, Hallelujah and Born For This. So that's only 7 new tracks and they're all pretty soft. I wish that more tracks had the guitars and the energy of Pessimist.

They're definitely going for mainstream, and you can tell.

I couldn't agree more.

I just got through the whole thing.

The only two songs that really feel Paramoreish are Misery Business and Miracle...

Even Born For This (with or without the refused line, which just sounds creepy) doesn't sound like them. I never really thought it did.

And repetitive... Oh dear god, Hayley, PLEASE say something different :(

God, I couldn't be more dissappointed.

I mean, HOW many months did we wait???? For THIS?...

I don't know, but the thought that they WANTED to sound like THIS the entire time... That's too bad.

Of course, I'll give it a chance and hope it grows on me and keep supporting them, but I don't think it'll ever be as good as AWKIF. I finally understand what everyone else was saying.

Honestly, I feel bad saying it. But I could NOT be more dissappionted. If everyone else was as excited as I was, then I hope I'm not in the same boat filling up and sinking in all of the dissappointment, lol...

this sux.

the albulm is disappionting every one.

i think they might lose too many of there fans and gain too many new ones..

now seeing them this last tour was great.

it was the last of the old paramore.

but i gotta see them at warped still.

just to see

I wanted to see them SO bad last tour :( But I coudln't get away from school long enough...

Loooooks like I'm out of the old Paramore for good :(

Unless they can come back BIG on their next cd....

wow lol yeah this is my 1st post in like quite a bit of time, I felt like I needed to. I just want to give my opinion on the Pmore album . Im basically going to copy paste what I put in another forum, but before that.

Im glad that alot of people have the same opinion as me because in the end we have to be the best critics the band can have. The album really didnt fill my expectations. I guess I was looking for a more raw, more energetic album, I find most of these songs very calm and mellow. I was expecting heavier stuff, maybe some screams? A RIOT basically. In my opinion AWKIF was a much better album.

My final thoughts on the album will be like what hunter said about pressure.

RIOT! is like this happy i spilled the milkshake album

Im sure the 3rd cd will be tons tons better =)

Ok these were my original thoughts on riot!.

The album is not that bad. My problem was that I was expecting alot from Paramore. AWKIF was such an amazing album, specially for a new band, a band made up mostly of kids. I was really impressed.

I think this is parcially what made me not like Riot!

Riot! has a few decent songs. I really like fences, it has this catchy dance beat which is different and its pretty good. Miracle was another song I enjoyed. I really like MB and BFT, but these are "old" songs =P, as well as Hallelujah.

The rest idk,the songs are just too mellow. Too soft. When I thought about Riot! i was really hoping the album was going to be that, a riot.

I was expecting an album full of energy, maybe a bit of heavier tracks. Some screams here and there. AWKIF had more energy. Fo sho.

Its not a bad album. Its just not what I was expecting. For any new fan I would rather recommend AWKIF.

Later!

I wanted to see them SO bad last tour :( But I coudln't get away from school long enough...

Loooooks like I'm out of the old Paramore for good :(

Unless they can come back BIG on their next cd....

i agree wqith u on wat u said in the comment u left the other person.

ive been waiting forever.

its a good cd.

but very pop rock ish. its like kelly clarkson pop.

GAWD

i luvvv paramore!

maybe the bsides are better.

cuz the tour they had. wAS GREAT!

idk i keep thinking its a joke.

liek this really isnt there CD

im soo sorry paramore if u read this. but

i like it.

its just not AKWIF. but with AWKIF it took awhile for me to like it. at first i thought it was ok.. now i think its great. an di USED to hate the song my heart. now i luvv it to death. maybe its just one of those albulms.

the sad thign is every one on this forum are really big paramore fans. like from the beggining.

i think this might appeal a little more to the new comming paramore fans.

halleguiah (sp) is also a little more AKWIF paramoreish.

BUT i LUVVED FENCES INSTANTLY.

i agree wqith u on wat u said in the comment u left the other person.

ive been waiting forever.

its a good cd.

but very pop rock ish. its like kelly clarkson pop.

GAWD

i luvvv paramore!

maybe the bsides are better.

cuz the tour they had. wAS GREAT!

idk i keep thinking its a joke.

liek this really isnt there CD

im soo sorry paramore if u read this. but

i like it.

its just not AKWIF. but with AWKIF it took awhile for me to like it. at first i thought it was ok.. now i think its great. an di USED to hate the song my heart. now i luvv it to death. maybe its just one of those albulms.

the sad thign is every one on this forum are really big paramore fans. like from the beggining.

i think this might appeal a little more to the new comming paramore fans.

halleguiah (sp) is also a little more AKWIF paramoreish

I coudln't stand half of AWKIF at first either... So I'm sure this one will grow on me, but I can't help but be dissappointed...

I feel bad saying it since they were so excited about it, but I can't lie...

I coudln't stand half of AWKIF at first either... So I'm sure this one will grow on me, but I can't help but be dissappointed...

I feel bad saying it since they were so excited about it, but I can't lie...

same here. every one was exited for it. paramore couldnt wait. even though were listening to the leaked version. its missing some well paramore.

the lyrics seem to b missing soem creativity. like not that much room for imagination.

hmm

i'll give it a few weeks

i don't really like it much, but it has it's songs. misery business, hallelujah, we are broken, crushcrushcrush. i really think fences sounds too much like panic at the disco for me to enjoy. don't get me wrong i enjoy panic on occasion but i think too many bands are trying to be like them. although i must admit i hated the devil and god are raging inside me at first listen now i'm in love with it. ill give riot! some time but i don't think it will ever compare to awkif

I'll miss the songs like Franklin and Oh Start :(. I like what I've heard from the samples, but it still sounds a bit too pop. I wanted more "All We Know" kinda edgier songs.

Sell outs? No. This is what they wanted to do. Their muscial vision may not meet ours but I know I'll still love the album and the band. I just think that through the perfect production, some raw energy and emotion is lost.

How have people already heard the album?

From what people are saying, I'm worring a bit! I don't want paramore too be like every other band you hear on the radio.. ick.

yea its leaked.

idk

u'll haev to decide for ur self.

there is stil sumthin in them thats differnt

i think after alot of listening i've realised in general its not a bad album.

i think because i have never loved a cd like AWKIF i was expecting to love riot the same.

and i just dont.

i think i was expecting too much.

i already know that none of the songs will mean as much to me as the old ones, i think for me there is a lack of depth :S

but just to listen to casually i guess its okay.. i have to say apart from We are broken though.. there is something about that song i'm really not getting :/

i guess i am a little disappointed though.

Personally, I love it all.

My only fault with all we know is falling is that along of the songs had the same kinda vibe going on in them and all the tracks on RIOT! sound so different. My favourites probably crushcrushcrush.

I like how they've kept a couple of little things from us like the begining of misery buisness and the "we want the air waves back" in born for this, even if that bit's a little odd and out of place in my opinion. I'm sure it'll grow on me though.

I hate how loads of people have listened to it haha

And i'm such a goon, that i will wait till it's released over here...

Before i do, hmmm i don't know i just hate downloading stuff

It's not really that long to wait for it anyway

I hate how loads of people have listened to it haha

And i'm such a goon, that i will wait till it's released over here...

Before i do, hmmm i don't know i just hate downloading stuff

It's not really that long to wait for it anyway

I haven't heard it, reading what people have written is driving me insanee!

I want to hear it oh so bad (doesn't every one? lol) and knowing others have heard it makes me .. err.. a tad jelouse? haha. Yus i'll admit it.