OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

I dont want to be quick to judge but they dont sound like the headbanging type songs that were on the 1st album....I didnt hear any solos (yet) and I heard there's no screaming. ayyyye D:

based on what people are saying its like they rushed on this album more than awkif and they did that in 3 weeks and it turned out great haha.

did anyone notice that in one of the songs (i don't remember which one cuz it takes me a while to put names with melodies when i first listen to a cd, ya know?) the background is singing the "woooooah, wooooah" from when they played that extra stuff at the end of my heart on their first headlining tour?

i thought it was kinda cool.

EDIT: the song is "miracle"

THAT'S THE SURPRISE! YOU GOT IT! :) :) :)

Seriously, that is what Hayley talked about in that part of the interview...she talked about how that was their favorite thing they'd done live with all the fans singing and everything and they wanted to put it on the album for the fans and so they worked it into that song :)

I dont want to be quick to judge but they dont sound like the headbanging type songs that were on the 1st album....I didnt hear any solos (yet) and I heard there's no screaming. ayyyye D:

based on what people are saying its like they rushed on this album more than awkif and they did that in 3 weeks and it turned out great haha.

no screaming is a good thing. Sure it sounds good in my heart and emergency but its like alot of music is like that nowadays. also crushcrushcrush is pure rock.i can see the crowd going crazy for that

I don't think the album was rushed at all...this is exactly the album they wanted to make...

i hate it

EDIT:: i realized i should explain. =]

the minute i got past the clip of For A pessimist, I cringed, and the words 'sophmore slump' immediately popped into my head. out of the clips, i like maybe ... 3 of them? sure, maybe listening to the whole album will change my mind, but i highly doubt it. it may grow on me as something just plain and catchy, but i highly doubt i will like it as much as AWKIF.

So far, the only song i've liked is Let the Flames Begin.

don't even get me started on which ones i didn't like

i hate it

EDIT:: i realized i should explain. =]

the minute i got past the clip of For A pessimist, I cringed, and the words 'sophmore slump' immediately popped into my head. out of the clips, i like maybe ... 3 of them? sure, maybe listening to the whole album will change my mind, but i highly doubt it. it may grow on me as something just plain and catchy, but i highly doubt i will like it as much as AWKIF.

So far, the only song i've liked is Let the Flames Begin.

don't even get me started on which ones i didn't like

I was wondering what you would think...hey, everyone's going to have their own opinion...it's definitely different from AWKIF - I love it, but I can understand where other people might not like the changes that I love.

I'm sorry, but what songs on their old cd were the headbanging type? I must have missed those.

lolz I dont hate it cause I dont have it yet nor did I bother looking for it D:

at first I thought awkif was boring and all sounded the same to me till I played it more (this happends to me on every new album I buy) Ill just have to do that with riot I guess....I just cant picture hayley going crazy wacko to these songs live like she would with All We know....now thats a baller.

I don't think the album was rushed at all...this is exactly the album they wanted to make...

I know but with what everyones saying its like awkif was better and it was wriiten in a shorter time...they coulda written longer for this one. hell green day's been in and out of the studio since the end/beginning of 05 and 06, and it better be good haha.

lolz I dont hate it cause I dont have it yet nor did I bother looking for it D:

at first I thought awkif was boring and all sounded the same to me till I played it more (this happends to me on every new album I buy) Ill just have to do that with riot I guess....I just cant picture hayley going crazy wacko to these songs live like she would with All We know....now thats a baller.

I thought the same thing about Awkif, with the songs sounding alike, and now I kind of think the same about Riot. Well, it's not as much, like on awkif all the songs start out slowish and then turn into a faster song. With Riot they just all have a similar sound, which I guess is normal because they're on the same cd haha but I dunno. I don't really know what I'm getting at haha.

ive listend to the albulm. some songs relaly stand out. like fences. i luv it.

i can tell they really did go with a new sound.

i expected a little more rockish.

the albulm is well ok. the lyrics are great. just i wish it had some of joshes screams on it.

like my heart.

i think AWKIF will probably be my fav of the two for now.

maybe a few more listens i will like it even more.

i just think its missing that little umph.

the hook for crushcrushcrush is sickkkkkk!

I KNOWWW!!!

but

the rest of the albulm needs to grow on me more.

kinda sad.

i really wish there were screams.

sumthin mroe my heart ish

now i really want to hear those bonus tracks..

i pre orderd the CD.

but i have it now.

still

i gotta support the band