OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

Yeah, I've basically had a turn around. It has grown on me a lot..

I love all the lyrics, and Hayley's vocals are incredible. I love the instrumental tracks in like Born for This, Pessimist, MB, but I wish the rest were a little more energetic with guitars/drums.

So basically, I'm in love. Still haven't decided which I prefer out of AWKIF and Riot.. I think that decision is far off.

Still haven't decided which I prefer out of AWKIF and Riot.. I think that decision is far off.

you shouldn't choose, they're two completely different albums, they've grown up and changed a lot since AWKIF. so i don't think we should be comparing them or choosing which is better.

Wow...there have been a LOT of posts since last night :) Ok, let me see...and please don't take anything I say the wrong way....I just really want to respond with my thoughts 'cause you guys have been posting a ton of good thoughts on stuff....

Oh wow, LOL I just listened to the new beginning of Misery Business. It reminds me of I Love Lucy or something =|

Mariachi!!! Man, I love that beginning - it's so unexpected and fun...every time I hear it, I get this big grin on my face...

the hook for crushcrushcrush is sickkkkkk!

I know...I think it might be my favorite song on the album right now...it's certainly the one that's grabbed me the most on the first few listens...it's insanely good.

The only two songs that really feel Paramoreish are Misery Business and Miracle...

Interesting...you're not the only person I've read who has said this...when I listen to it, it sounds exactly like Paramore - in fact, it sounds more like them, imo, than AWKIF. I think a lot of it is expectations...from reading all these posts, I think some people expected a harder album, with screams and a really heavy sound - and those people seem to be struggling with the record - which is understandable because it really doesn't have that sound. I expected this album to sound like it does, so it was right in line with my expectations...

The other thing that's interesting is a lot of people saying it just doesn't have an energetic feel...I'm wondering about that as well because when I listen to it, all I hear is energy...so many of the songs have this driving, powerful tempo...it's got me bouncing up and down...and it doesn't sound flat to me like AWKIF does...the recording of the album does a much better job preserving their live sound, imo.

Just my thoughts...it's really interesting how many different opinions we have...

My final thoughts on the album will be like what hunter said about pressure.

RIOT! is like this happy i spilled the milkshake album

Hey Diego! Yeah, I can definitely hear that in the sound of some of the songs...but I don't hear it as much in the lyrics...a lot of the lyrics have a lot of pain in them, imo...

And as for the title - if you read Riot! as an unbridled outbreak, as of emotions, passions, etc., I think the album definitely fits that in my mind...they're pouring everything out, lyrically and musically.

Crushcrushcrush, That's What You Get and We Are Broken are my favourites, I think. From my first few listens... CCC has major single potential.

Yeah, I don't know what their single plans are, but I think Crushcrushcrush could be ALL over the radio.

Yeah i really like the album. Even more so after reading the lyrics while listening.

The lyrics are still what blow me away the most. The emotion, the honesty, the pain...incredible.

yeah, why is everyone choosing? why can't ye just love em both ;)

No one is saying you have to choose, but when a new album comes out that is what you do - you compare to the sound of their old album and point out changes and growth, or regression, or whatever you believe to be true.

Her whispering in Crushcrushcrush is really weird. :/

No one is saying you have to choose

aye, i'm just saying that's what everyone is doing. personally, i don't see the point because how can you seriously judge an album, or compare it or whatever when it's only been out for like a day?

i have an exam to revise for, its tomorrow and i have not revised AT ALL! but i cant stop listening to RIOT!

i cant have an hour without it!! :( dammmnnnn

iv been listening to it non stop since i got it, i even listened to it in bed at 3am! lol

I'm in the same boat as you!

I'm like glued to my computer because I want to listen to it and then the internet just happens to be open....I blame Paramore for making a freaking brilliant album lol.

Man, this album seriously gave me chills. After reading the first comments on this thread, i was starting to get worried about what i might think about the new album.

So i decided i was going to listen to it and really concentrate, let all my preconceptions about what this album should be, or what i expected from them, and just soak in in every little detail of the songs.

I got a hold of the lyrics, and printed them out, then, i stepped out into my garden, and started listening to my Ipod. From the first "swooosh" that openened For a Pessimist... i loved it. That song is awsome live, and the recording is just nuts.

Thats what you Get was one of the songs i was worried about, mainly because when i heard that little snippet from Fuse, i thought it sounded really weird.

Well, i love every detail in it. The chorus, the drums...woah.

Hallelujah....well, on this one, im not gonna lie, I like this version, and i would love it if it didnt have all the weird effects on it. Hayley sounds awsome, every instrument sounds better than on the other recording, but i guess i would have liked it more if it didnt have those effects.

With Misery Business, i felt weird. I love that song, and i love the mariachi intro, but let me clear something up: Thats not how a Mexican Mariachi sounds. Mariachis are crazier than that, and have wway more energy, and when they said a song would be titled Mexico and would have a maraichi riff, it wasnt what i expected.

When i listened to it, i never thought it would be the so called Mexico. Its weird. I love that song, but i dont see it as a "Mexico" especially since i live there.

Well, But the actual song, i love it. I mean, i even liked the distorted version with the weird voice!! Theres no way i couldnt like it.

When It Rains opens so cool!! I love the " ...and when it rains..." line. I love it. It definetly reminded me a little bit of AWKIF, because it has some of that quiet energy to it.

Let The Flames begin has so much attitude, IMO, and the "oh glory" lines completely grabbed me. I think i need to listen to this song a little bit more, becuase It seems to me like a "conspiracy" type of song, and at first, i hated that song. Now i love it. I like this song more than i liked Conspiracy at first, and i expect to love it soon enough.

Miracle is so cool!!! And did you guys notice the woah oh's at the end?? That part gave me chills.

Actually, the whole album was just one chill after the other. Weird, i know.

Crushcrushcrush is such a different direction, and a "darker" crush themed song than the one i thought it would be. The whispers sound awsome, and the way they connect the verse with the chorus...woah.

We Are Broken....well, it didnt make me cringe at all. I love it, theres no other way to put it.

But for those who said it was awful, i get you....do you remember FOB's "Golden"? I HATED that song. Now i like it. I think it will grow on people.

Fences sounds weird/cool. I like how the melody is so upbeat and quick and happy, and then the lyrics are sad, and talking about hiding your feelings.

I love it, and i think they pulled it off great

Finally...Born For This. This song is just what i ever hoped it would be. I love it, and I have loved it since htey released it. The Refused line does sound weird, and i was expecting it would be more like the Refused song, not with so much distortion, but i still like it

Ha, I never meant to write so much, but i guess i had to

Overall, I think Riot! is my favorite album of the two. And thats saying a lot, because I didnt think it was possible